Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which card are you most excited for?
This poll is closed.
UFC Fight Night 24 52.17%
TUF Finale 22 47.83%
Total: 46 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
holy gently caress why are the odds that wide?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I can hear Matt Serra so clearly

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

-Atom- posted:

I can hear Matt Serra so clearly

Can't unhear him now.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Serra wants more stank.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

I want Serra-Longo in my corner too, they seem lovely.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
welp there goes my work day

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I'm liking that "only front kick" tactic

e: beautiful

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Sterling is pretty good. With the right gameplan I think he could give TJ a good fight.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
jesus christ.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
BEAUTIFUL, ALJO!

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Bubba Smith posted:

Sterling is pretty good. With the right gameplan I think he could give TJ a good fight.

Sterling looks great. Def following this dude.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

God drat.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That guillotine was loving sick.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bubba Smith posted:

Certainly the fight most likely to be set to "Everybody Dance Now" in highlights afterwards

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i'd love to know what serra / longo would suggest to sterling if he were to fight tj / cruz, as that type of performance wouldn't be advised.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Put the stank on him!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

holy poo poo eduardo must have cracked him

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Sterling was lifting that dude off the ground with that guillotine, drat

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

hahaa calling out Mayweather

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

That's why you don't get your fighting style tattooed on your chest in papyrus, it both gives away your gameplan and makes mid-20s New Yorkers irrationally angry.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
Jeebus, that was a beating.

Based on what I saw in Creed, that was Adonis fighting in Mexico. Just not fair.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
gotta work on those f bombs lol

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Sterling yelling like he doesn't know he has a mic in his face

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

thanks for reminding me that almeida owns

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
the only good Almeida is in the crowd

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

kevin casey time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc2N2TiKI3o

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Faceshoe vs. Kevin Casey, gonna make that $10 a month subscription service all the more worth it right here folks

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

acejackson42 posted:

Seeing as I now judge all fights by what I saw in Creed, this is not a good fight.

acejackson42 posted:

Based on what I saw in Creed, this was 'Adonis sitting at the desk doin' paperwork' level of quality.

At least the right guy won.

acejackson42 posted:

Based on what I saw in Creed, that was, let's say, the equivalent of the first bit of the first training montage. Okay, competent but nothing really exciting.

acejackson42 posted:

Based on what I saw in Creed, that was the equivalent of the second fighter Adonis faces in the gym. Just a lopsided beating.

acejackson42 posted:

Jeebus, that was a beating.

Based on what I saw in Creed, that was Adonis fighting in Mexico. Just not fair.

how was creed?

outy
Aug 27, 2004

I'm going to have to duck out of this thread before I get the rest of Creed spoiled.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

The MMA world was disappointed when Aldo got hurt, Karyn, but I don't think any of them were really "stunned."

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

origami posted:

how was creed?

see it.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

fatherdog posted:

Certainly the fight most likely to be set to "Everybody Dance Now" in highlights afterwards

Yeah, it just looks to me like Sterling wouldn't be phased by TJ or Cruz cutting angles all around him. And in general he seems to get his shots off quick which would help too. I don't know if he would win but I think he would hang in there better than most contenders.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

thanks for reminding me that almeida owns

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
:siren::woop::supaburn::derp:FACE SHOE TIME!!!:derp::supaburn::woop::siren:

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

origami posted:

how was creed?

Fantastic. Saw it last night. As such, I'm basing the quality of every fight I see tonight in comparison to that movie.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bubba Smith posted:

Yeah, it just looks to me like Sterling wouldn't be phased by TJ or Cruz cutting angles all around him. And in general he seems to get his shots off quick which would help too. I don't know if he would win but I think he would hang in there better than most contenders.

I disagree, with single kicks like that TJ would end up beside him all day

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

I love faceshoe

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

LobsterMobster posted:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Faceshoe is going to lose

Source: Casey is on good drugs now, Faceshoe lost to Patrick Cummins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I just laughed at that so hard I almost choked on my pizza

• Locked thread