Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Dapper Dan posted:

yeah, this is true. there's a big trend of erasing unpleasant historical truths and this is just one part of it. like, as if erasing history would make anyone feel better or makes any sense. it also puts things into perspective that historical figures aren't gods or perfect people, they are fallible humans just like everyone. we need to remember that even people who have moral flaws can accomplish huge, great things and those flaws do not erase what they've accomplished. or that they were figures in shaping our country and history today if you really hate them. it counts for something.

but no, lets just say gently caress all that and erase history just so people can feel good. i'm sure all of these people are perfect moral angels and have never done anything wrong.

also, i'd like to see a john brown statue next to a sherman statue, next to a robert e lee statue. that'd be hilarious.

This is one of the 4 statues that the mayor of New Orleans wants to remove.

Some anon rich person is happy to foot the $125,000 bill to remove these statues, including the statue of RE Lee from Lee circle. I suspect that money could be put to better use.

Battle of Liberty place was hosed up, but it's important to remember hosed up things that happened, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Ork of Fiction posted:

Some anon rich person is happy to foot the $125,000 bill to remove these statues, including the statue of RE Lee from Lee circle. I suspect that money could be put to better use.

Battle of Liberty place was hosed up, but it's important to remember hosed up things that happened, imo.

that's actually a good statue, it even says why it is there right on it. and yeah, what a waste of money. its important to remember that poo poo so it gives us perspective.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ork of Fiction posted:

they can get to that stuff in good time, we have lots of other monuments to destroy in the mean time! this disgusting triumphal arch of Titus is highly anti-semitic, and commemorates the looting of Jerusalem in 70AD. it should be dynamited without delay, we have thousands of years of this stuff to get around to!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

natetimm posted:

If there are a parade of women claiming you sexually harassed and raped them in your past, you're probably guilty, whether your name is James Deen, Bill Cosby, or Bill Clinton.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/students-suspended-expelled-over-facebook-posts/

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

they can get to that stuff in good time, we have lots of other monuments to destroy in the mean time! this disgusting triumphal arch of Titus is highly anti-semitic, and commemorates the looting of Jerusalem in 70AD.

Ugh, stealing all their menorahs and film cameras

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Isnt Yale like really expensive? Since when do rich kids care about minorities and poo poo? drat these students suck at being rich. Be rich, racist and happy, no one can touch you anyway.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

We had a surplus because he was like, welp, let's not pay China for anything we import over some human rights issues, exploit bush srs. warlord hold over opec, and write a fake budget that doesn't include debts for foreign slave labor in Asian countries, use those phony numbers to gain a controlling and dominant share of the world bank, and use that to continue to extract more labor and resources from "developing" nations. Meanwhile the average millennial wage earner in America wont even be able to afford 1 child despite the US dominating and extracting labor and resources from the rest of the world at an economic loss to those countries. Way to go bill you huge piece of garbage.

Where can I read about this?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Zombiepop posted:

Isnt Yale like really expensive? Since when do rich kids care about minorities and poo poo? drat these students suck at being rich. Be rich, racist and happy, no one can touch you anyway.

Black people can be rich too except when they are rich they still get to feel self-righteous and oppressed because of microaggressions like a poop swastika or a townie drive by.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

The Kingfish posted:

Black people can be rich too except when they are rich they still get to feel self-righteous and oppressed because of microaggressions like a poop swastika or a townie drive by.

Being a rich black must be frustrating, since if you're not a rapper or basketballer, you former friends and neighbors will think you've sold out to the white man.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

BottledBodhisvata posted:

A woman voter who doesn't vote based upon issues, but largely based on superficial grounds. Like voting for Hillary 'cause she's a lady or because they'd voted in Bill before, or voting for John Edwards 'cause he's "cute".

you have just described a terrifying proportion of millenial ~feminists~ who don't actually feel like doing anything about women's issues

basically the gold standard for "should i get outraged about thing" is "does it put a vagina haver in a more visible place" or "can i make an argument about class war against the vagina havers regardless of whether it's actually intended or effectively discriminating", not "does it actually affect disadvantages faced by women"

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
a knowledge of deaths omnipotence is the antidote to this and all problems

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Marketing New Brain posted:

I bet Bill Clinton supports coeds wearing sexy costumes

and you don't?

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Zombiepop posted:

A lot of those Ivy league schools have something like free tuition for students who get in but their parents make under 60k IIRC

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Well then these black rich kids should learn to be racist against some other
minority, like inuits or whatever. Also free tuition for the poor? way to gently caress up Ivy league. Millenials suck at being rich.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Tezzor posted:

why are we focusing on this instead of the jews faking the moon landing since there's equivalent evidence for both

so paula jones was just asking for it? checks out

it was p funny though when republicans attacked bill clinton for being sexist because of lewinsky instead of jones. "hey guys you forgot about thing i am literally forgetting in this utterance!"

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Do you think the ancient Irish man who just wanted a predetermined time to get his party on at the end of the harvest year could comprehend any of this.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Fellbat posted:

Do you think the ancient Irish man who just wanted a predetermined time to get his party on at the end of the harvest year could comprehend any of this.

LIke this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0aZaeF7odg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Pretty much that plus generic new years stuff. You know if these people followed their own logic this wouldn't be a problem, because the only person who would be allowed to celebrate Halloween would be Conal Cochran.

• Locked thread