Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
when I was 13 I went on a cruise to Alaska and it was pretty fun

there was an arcade and it was rigged so that 1 quarter was like 25 credits. I got ridiculously good at that Area-51 light gun shooter game and there was free pizza all day long. it was p cool. except the person who was supposed to be taking care of my birds didn't and they died and I feel bad about it to this day because they starved to death in their cage and now I don't have birds anymore.

snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
like that fuckin stephen king book The Stand with the rabbit or whatever

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Booblord Zagats posted:

I've been on two cruises. One on an LHD and the other on a Princess Cruiseline.

I like the ones without SNCOs

I've been on three cruises. One on the Los Angeles, one on Princess Cruiseline, and one on Caribbean Cruiseline.

I liked the ones without any military.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

www posted:

who the gently caress takes a cruise around the british isles, are you parents crazy???
My brother Don Juan
To England has gone
To kill the Drake
And the Queen to take
And the heretics all to destroy

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
No, seriously, gently caress cruises.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

:(

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I'll feel like I've finally made it in the poor-rich sense when I go on a cruise and I can't imagine the experience would be worse than any stay at home vacation I've ever had.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

ded posted:

I liked the ones without any military.

this. although i was on a cruise once with with a large group of brazilian evangelicals :smithicide:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

LOL.

Murder, sickness, and despair on the sea.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
drat gently caress getting mulched in a cruise ship elevator. no thanks.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

vyst posted:

Not all of us are filthy poors

cruises are for filthy poors though

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
A cruise on Ovation of the Seas or Radiance of the Seas is near the top of my bucket list.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

lol is group sex illegal in the States or something? What the hell?

Moridin920 posted:

like that fuckin stephen king book The Stand with the rabbit or whatever

Wait, what rabbit was in The Stand

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

In the book that irradiated retard gets a gun stuck up his butthole and the rabbit is a sex toy so maybe he's talking about that.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Cruises are actually real retarded unless u are going to someplace you can only get to on a boat like the Alaskan coastline

tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

Cruise ships and probably every vacation touting "all-inclusive" is designed to separate white trash from their tax returns.

"Unlimited booze?!?! For 4 whole days!?!?"

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

PhotoKirk posted:

Because being on a cruise means zero chance of being near goony assholes like you.

Do you have stairs in your boat?

tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

Seriously like

a) go to dream destination and splurge on vices to stay thro'ed

B) go on cruise to wherever is on sale because all the Coors light my fat wife and I could possibly consume is included

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

fakiebeanplant posted:

Seriously like

B) go on cruise to wherever is on sale because all the Coors light my fat wife and I could possibly consume is included

lol i guarantee those people drinking coors with their fat wives are way more interesting and fun than you are

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

fakiebeanplant posted:

Seriously like

c) get fat wife drunk then find someone elses fat wife to pork.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Jastiger posted:

c) get fat wife drunk then find someone elses fat wife to pork.

Yolo

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Cruises really do seem like hell sometimes!
http://wtvr.com/2015/12/31/video-appears-to-show-bloody-elevator-after-workers-death-on-carnival-ecstasy/

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Cruises are actually real retarded unless u are going to someplace you can only get to on a boat like the Alaskan coastline

It's not the destination, it's the journey with mickey mouse and donald duck.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I hate guided tours and having everything arranged for me to a timescale, but on the other hand I love being at sea.

Maybe the answer is... somewhere in the middle? :getin:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Strategic Tea posted:

I hate guided tours and having everything arranged for me to a timescale, but on the other hand I love being at sea.

Maybe the answer is... somewhere in the middle? :getin:

I hate those things too but it's up to you how much regimentation you want.

You could just be drunk on the boat 24/7. You could just go into the town on your own when the ship docks with no stinking guided tour.

Professor Shark posted:

lol is group sex illegal in the States or something? What the hell?

Wait, what rabbit was in The Stand

The one that the dude locked in the prison is thinking about (the one he forget about and let starve in its cage) while he's locked in his cell and anyone that could let him out is presumably dead.

Also,

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/31/world/europe/belgium-brussels-police-orgy.html

quote:

To this list of woes, another was added Wednesday: Officials are investigating accounts of an alcohol-fueled “orgy” at a police station one night last month while Brussels, the Belgian capital, was nearly shut down over fears of a copycat terrorist attack.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 31, 2015

tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

Do it ironically posted:

lol i guarantee those people drinking coors with their fat wives are way more interesting and fun than you are

id love a chance to change your mind; come drink smirnoff on my exotic sea-trailer (its all-inclusive)

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
We went on an Alaska cruise in July. It was okay. The best part was getting away from the cruise line owned jewelry shops and renting scooters to tool around the wilderness for a while.
The glaciers were p. Cool too. Oh and the whales.

Autumn Angel
Jan 18, 2014

fakiebeanplant posted:

Cruise ships and probably every vacation touting "all-inclusive" is designed to separate white trash from their tax returns.

"Unlimited booze?!?! For 4 whole days!?!?"

Yea I know. Cheap vodka is only a few dollars a bottle from the local WalMart. Just drink that stuff, combined with your favorite video games, and you can have all the fun you want without the cruise!

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

EllisD posted:

The buffets aren't amazing but a way better deal than the overpriced dining room packages they offer you.

Never do an Alaskan cruise because everyone is over 75 and the ship security lines take forever because they have to deal with all the walkers and wheelchairs.

:(

I wanna see the glaciers though :(

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

ahhhhhh yes just gonna head onto this tropical island and lounge on the bea-*some local guy runs up to you the second your foot hits the sand offering to sell you weed coke and boner pills*

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Necros posted:

ahhhhhh yes just gonna head onto this tropical island and lounge on the bea-*some local guy runs up to you the second your foot hits the sand offering to sell you weed coke and boner pills*

and thats when the REAL vacation begins

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Crash_N_Burn posted:

and thats when the REAL vacation begins

International waters, baby

naem
May 29, 2011

If you convince a lady to do a sex on the first day of your two week boatcation do you ignore each other doing it with other people awkwardly like its a small town where you all know each other because you could just do that at home

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I've had the damndest time finding weed in cruise ports

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
can you not bring weed on a cruise?

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

wiffle ball bat posted:

I too am curious about this.

For a friend.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

wiffle ball bat posted:

You can probably smuggle it on if there are no dogs. You go through the same TSA style checkpoints

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

wiffle ball bat posted:

iirc theres no K9s just a bunch of dumbass southeast asian boat security that run ur poo poo through some kind of scanner when coming aboard. if ur confident in getting whatever u got through the TSA and to the port where ur cruise is departing from then i wouldnt be too worried so long as ur somewhat cautious. just remember most cruise ships do have legit brigs and operate under the laws of the third world shithole that they are registered out of, which is also why most of the foreign/non-white ppl onboard doing the dirty work are getting paid 19th century wages under poo poo conditions...remember that before u go and post pics of their towel animals on fb.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
Cruises sounded boring as poo poo before I read this thread, and after reading this thread...THEY STILL SOUND BORING AS poo poo!! 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Autumn Angel posted:

Yea I know. Cheap vodka is only a few dollars a bottle from the local WalMart. Just drink that stuff, combined with your favorite video games, and you can have all the fun you want without the cruise!

Yes, playing video games drunk on a handle of cheap alcohol sounds preferable to interacting with human beings

• Locked thread