Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

quote:

Syria is ready to deploy the fearsome S-300 air-defence system supplied by its Russian ally. The anti-aircraft surface-to-air missiles will give Syria control over its territory and the capability to shoot down any intrusive warplane or missile. NATO warplanes beware!

The fatal shoot-down of a Russian fighter jet by a Turkish F-16 two weeks ago has given urgency to installing the air-defence system. It is as much in Russia’s interest as it is in Syria’s to have air cover – and the S-300, and its newer generation, the S-400, are reckoned to be the best technology in the world for that job.

“It’s a top-of-the range weapon”, says the British defence publication, IHS Jane’s, probably surpassing the American Patriot missile system. The Russian-made S-300 can take out any modern fighter plane or missile, including Cruise missiles, at a range of up 150 kilometres and an altitude of 27 kilometres.

According to a senior officer at the Syria-Russia joint military operations room in Damascus, the mobile S-300 is ready for deployment at various locations across the country.

http://sputniknews.com/columnists/20151206/1031325664/syria-nato-planes-cunningham.html#ixzz3toMxotiF

So if an RAF or USAF jet or whoever decides to defy Syria, then there will be quite a few International Incidents taking place. With Russia involved.

Oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I for one am glad of it

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

the cold war was a neat diversion for a while but it's cool that we're getting the crusades back on track as the #1 world power struggle

uno.mannschaft
Dec 23, 2006
Finally the completely non-serious event that is the "Damaskus distraction" is stepping up and stands in our face yelling "what you gonna do bout it huh?"

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I hope WWWIII starts soon. Remember when Avatar came out and people were getting depressed that Pandora wasn't a real place? I'm starting to feel that way about Fallout 4.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Give Pat a Job posted:

I hope WWWIII starts soon. Remember when Avatar came out and people were getting depressed that Pandora wasn't a real place? I'm starting to feel that way about Fallout 4.

You gotta remember, Fallout is hundreds of years later, glossing over the unpleasantness of the early days of a post nuclear apocalypse.

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax

SirEvelynTremble posted:

http://sputniknews.com/columnists/20151206/1031325664/syria-nato-planes-cunningham.html#ixzz3toMxotiF

So if an RAF or USAF jet or whoever decides to defy Syria, then there will be quite a few International Incidents taking place. With Russia involved.

Oops

yeah um, I believe that as much as I believe any news coming from a Russian gov't-funded source, e.g. RT.
So far all other sources have reported exactly the opposite of Russian ones in recent conflicts. e.g. in Crimea, a BBC reporter spoke with some Russian soldiers and said there was celebration and a strong scent of vodka.

General Tofu fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Dec 9, 2015

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A. Beaverhausen posted:

You gotta remember, Fallout is hundreds of years later, glossing over the unpleasantness of the early days of a post nuclear apocalypse.

yea because fallout paints such a nice picture of the late days of post nuclear apocalypse

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

General Tofu posted:

a strong scent of vodka.

this is more proof that theyre russian than any uniform will ever give

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
syrian airspace must be like a busy international airport with aircraft and drones from half a dozen nations bombing poo poo now

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Russia shot down an American spy plane spying in their own territory during the Cold War and we didn't fight over it. Nobody is going to pick a battle with the bear over this lovely little patch of dirt.

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax
Also linked by a friend in Russia -- it is apparently from a documentary that sounds rushed out in light of recent conflicts:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-08-russia-documentary-uses-team-fortress-2-poster-in-ww1-propaganda-report

The propaganda is so obvious (sometimes hilariously so) it's sort of sad. It's like those poo poo photoshops NK makes.

EDIT: I re-read the original article. It sounds like the years back when I used to work writing SEO marketing material. Almost exactly-- except whomever wrote this has less tact and is amazingly transparent. The techniques used are even readily identifiable, and I wasn't trying to look for them. I was just reading.

General Tofu fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 10, 2015

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Robo Reagan posted:

yea because fallout paints such a nice picture of the late days of post nuclear apocalypse

:thejoke:

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
if things did escalate then perhaps they would and by law it seems they have every right to use them, after all, we were not invited. So if Turkey can shoot down a Russian jet then by rights Syria and Russia can shoot down a NATO jet.

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax
IHS looks like an offshoot of some Russian defense contractor. Was propaganda always THIS obvious?

The contacts I have in Russia find most Russian news to be an incredible joke. One has said that, due to believing all of it .... unfortunately, "The Russian people got the leader that they deserved."

General Tofu fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Dec 9, 2015

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Translated from Arabic language Alrai Media

so please ... give us your opinion on Alrai Media. I'm dying to know :allears:

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
if trump somehow gets the nomination and gets elected and stuff like this is going on, then we definitely will see a pretty cool war in our lifetime.

i just hope it's after all the fallout dlc comes out

Aug 4, 2010

i hope im not getting too ahead of myself here but i honestly dont think i would thrive in a war time environment

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Imagine all the glass Syria could export after that short war.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
I for one welcome the nuclear flashes on the horizon that will signal our end as a species, we hosed up the planet pretty badly and its not like the future seems very bright from any point of view.

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Translated from Arabic language Alrai Media

so please ... give us your opinion on Alrai Media. I'm dying to know :allears:

it's a mite tough to understand as it's not clear who "we" or "they" are? For any possible clarification -- thanks!

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

With the scorching of this gay earth burns all the females who wouldn't let me bone them

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
why so syrias lol

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

goatse.cx haver posted:

why so syrias lol

great subtitle for spies like us part 2

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

Countdown until Assad shoots down a Russian jet because their radio beacons or some poo poo is broken.

Watch Assad start a loving war!

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Funny thing with brinkmanship is you can never tell if it's planned or if they're just a loving idiot.

General Tofu posted:

IHS looks like an offshoot of some Russian defense contractor. Was propaganda always THIS obvious?

The contacts I have in Russia find most Russian news to be an incredible joke. One has said that, due to believing all of it .... unfortunately, "The Russian people got the leader that they deserved."

Clearly all the decent FSB propagandists are on holiday trying to get their buddies elected in Europe.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

www posted:

i hope im not getting too ahead of myself here but i honestly dont think i would thrive in a war time environment

if you start getting psyched now you should have a decent blood frenzy going by the time shots are fired. best of luck

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Is Assad a Muslim?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 26 days!)

World War 3 you say?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgc9wS2ERcg

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
i dont think it counts as a war when its just ppl over there bc who cares

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

didn't say syrious so a big gently caress you to the op

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i dont think there's any passenger planes for russia to shoot down going over syria

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

man, whoever starts the World War 3 gameday thread is going to score some major forum cred

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'll take an opportunity on this hump day to call them camel fuckers

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009
Who gives a poo poo?

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Thank god I live on the edge of the world nowhere near this poo poo and won't have to suffer it at all

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

amityville anus posted:

I'll take an opportunity on this hump day to call them camel fuckers

Wwow!

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

This Jacket Is Me posted:

Who gives a poo poo?