Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Patience, my son. The long awaited finale to this epic trilogy will come soon enough.

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Brown people deploy new weapons to kill brown people. Let's blame white america for this

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULSA5wktywI

inshallah

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
what would happen if Russia started trying to enforce a no fly zone through a thinly veiled proxy. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't actually shoot down an RAF jet
Seems like if they wanted to keep NATO planes out they would be better off letting missiles and poo poo fall into the hands of people who couldn't be trusted not to shoot down western planes like the Kurds or whatever, but they don't seem to be up for that

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LOL I'm too old to be drafted.

Good luck, millennials! Enjoy fighting for my right to buy chinese magnets that say "support our troops".

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Crazyeyes posted:

Patience, my son. The long awaited finale to this epic trilogy will come soon enough.

:synpa:

I bet it'll be flashy but ultimately disappointing. A lot of storylines are gonna get wrapped up in ways that don't even make sense, and get ready for a lot of retcons as well.

Also, the decision to change the villain from the Soviet Union to the Russian Federation was a mistake, IMO.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
At this rate, they're better off just rebooting The Great War for modern audiences.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
change title to "syria just got syrius"

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful
The good news is this will let NATO practice SEAD and poo poo against relatively new Russian tech instead of whatever garbage Iraq had.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Assad: "Siri, deploy missiles."

Siri: "Searching for Sizzlers in your area."

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
People should not shoot missiles at each other, imo

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

powerful

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Hector Beerlioz posted:

People should not shoot missiles at each other, imo

Since when did we consider Muslims actual 'people'?

Tramadol Junkie fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Dec 9, 2015

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Enfield posted:

powerful

Ribbed for her pleasure

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
i never thought that I'd be grateful to Putin for keeping Obama's thirst for blood in check, Russia's involvement is probably the only thing that would keep us from starting another 10 year feeding frenzy for the defense contractors

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Oh wow better get in my bunker now that a special missile is in Syria.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
when does the draft start and we shift into full war economy

prinneh
Jul 29, 2005
prince of denmark
I was going to move to Norway when the water levels starts going up, but I guess I could go sooner. Goodbye cruel world, hello northern lights and wanking into a reindeer hide.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

SirEvelynTremble posted:

http://sputniknews.com/columnists/20151206/1031325664/syria-nato-planes-cunningham.html#ixzz3toMxotiF

So if an RAF or USAF jet or whoever decides to defy Syria, then there will be quite a few International Incidents taking place. With Russia involved.

Oops

Why would we want to defy Syria? Aren't we trying to kill the browns of ISIS too?

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Microwaves Mom posted:

Why would we want to defy Syria? Aren't we trying to kill the browns of ISIS too?

we want to kill ISIS and the people that are fighting against ISIS because this totally makes sense, and removing the leader and government of a middle eastern country always makes everything better

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

blood for the blood god

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
World War WEEEEEEEEE

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

City of Tampa posted:

we want to kill ISIS and the people that are fighting against ISIS because this totally makes sense, and removing the leader and government of a middle eastern country always makes everything better

lol are you really this dumb

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Just like Turkey, nothing is gonna happen. Just more local casualties.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

ArmZ posted:

lol are you really this dumb

yes I am please explain to me how Syria is better off without Assad than they are with him

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Good, keep those filthy ISIS sympathizing Turks out.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Lets wait till the trumpster gets into office and give him a chance at wrappin this one up

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I lust for slav death

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

its probably a good idea to get laser eye surgery before the apocalypse so you don't have to worry about scrounging for contact lenses

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

City of Tampa posted:

Lol yeah. Thank God the situation is not an overly complicated clusterfuck and every person/organization involved is neatly divided into a binary of "good" or "evil" based on a single factor and no further critical thinking is needed in the subject!

You are dumb.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Crazyeyes posted:

Lol yeah. Thank God the situation is not an overly complicated clusterfuck and every person/organization involved is neatly divided into a binary of "good" or "evil" based on a single factor and no further critical thinking is needed in the subject!

You are dumb.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain how taking out Assad helps Syria at all and doesn't remove one of the main factors keeping ISIS in check inside of Syria

I love the "oh you don;t understand" posts from people that aren't able to defend their own position though

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014

SirEvelynTremble posted:

http://sputniknews.com/columnists/20151206/1031325664/syria-nato-planes-cunningham.html#ixzz3toMxotiF

So if an RAF or USAF jet or whoever decides to defy Syria, then there will be quite a few International Incidents taking place. With Russia involved.

Oops

It's about loving time! Let's get this poo poo started.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

City of Tampa posted:

I'm still waiting for someone to explain how taking out Assad helps Syria at all and doesn't remove one of the main factors keeping ISIS in check inside of Syria

Progressives are illogical dude. They still think the "Arab Spring" made the Muslim world a better place, even though the aftermath of it is officially called the "Arab Winter" due to how disastrous it was.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Under The Dome but with the whole middle east

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DirtyMick posted:

It's about loving time! Let's get this poo poo started.

I just saw lots of US defense contractors celebrating across the river in Arlington Virginia.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Wicker Man posted:

Just like Turkey, nothing is gonna happen. Just more local casualties.

Yeah no ones going to global war over dead muslims.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
meh, WW1 was only 4 years, and WW2 was like 6. compared to Iraqi forever-war a new world war will be over in a flash

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

City of Tampa posted:

yes I am please explain to me how Syria is better off without Assad than they are with him

thanks for confirming

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think we should stop trying to overthrow governments because it never works out in our favor.

Like poo poo at least the CIA went 'alright the assassination attempts were failing every time and inviting reprisals on US officials let's just cut that poo poo out' and presumably they did (or at least they stopped making it so obvious they are trying to assassinate other leaders) but we just keep pushing that 'overthrow government' button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Immortan posted:

Progressives are illogical dude. They still think the "Arab Spring" made the Muslim world a better place, even though the aftermath of it is officially called the "Arab Winter" due to how disastrous it was.

i'm pretty progressive and I don't see anything progressive at all about advocating for wars of choice in the middle east

if a Republican President was saber rattling over Syria we'd all be freaking out

• Locked thread