Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
i dont think it counts as a war when its just ppl over there bc who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

City of Tampa posted:

I'm still waiting for someone to explain how taking out Assad helps Syria at all and doesn't remove one of the main factors keeping ISIS in check inside of Syria

I love the "oh you don;t understand" posts from people that aren't able to defend their own position though

this isnt D&D no one is obligated to debate worthless retards over the stupid things they say we just lol at worthless retards like u and move on

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

City of Tampa posted:

lol just say it: "it's not my job to educate you"

because that is the official slogan of people that can't back up the stupid poo poo they supposedly believe
u seem angry and dumb and kinda unfit for this earth

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

a lot of the first western info about the armenian genocide came out from German officers who were there to help coordinate with turkey in WWI and wrote back to Germany "holy loving poo poo they're killing entire villages of men women and children we need to stop this"

fast forward 20 years in germany and :ironicat:

City of Tampa posted:

i notice that you still don't have to educate me though and i find that v. amusing
the pay sucks

whoflungpoop fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 10, 2015

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Darth123123 posted:

So I'd like to hear a response to Tampa as well. I serious don't know of the better options. Call me a retard too. Tia

better options about what

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Friendly Tumour posted:

Better options than supporting Assad. I mean, everybody else is a foreigner fighting to subjugate Syria, hes the only one left standing whio represents Syrians

Ruthless assholes tend to make their own way in this world by being ruthless and dont really need a lot of help in doing that now do they

It says a lot about how little ppl have learned from history that the idea of which foreign turd to polish is somehow the question rather than not spend money and blood polishing turds to begin with, just endure them until all the cheap oil is gone and let them revert back to the nothing and the nowhere that they ought to be

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Strategic Tea posted:

Besides, this thread seems to adore disgusting war criminals as long as they are anti-American keep the peace fight the media's most wanted.
Americans and american foreign policy have a longstanding habit of interpreting "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" in the most childish naive way possible

If there was one pithy saying that they should be taking to heart w/r/t this mess it would be Napoleon's quote about not interrupting ur enemies when they're making mistakes

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

etalian posted:

It's also a foreign policy that's pretty myopic in the long run with no attempt to connect decisions made now with horrible future blowback.

For example the US created the modern Iran by helping to overthrow a democratically elected left wing government, all because the iranian government wanted to nationalize all the oil fields.

It really is, and it never fails to amaze me that ppl who are otherwise intelligent and educated can even bring themselves to debate over what the US should do in the middle east when generations of foreign policy blunders have shown again and again that the answer is always nothing go away just dont even think about it stay out we're the king midas of poop and cant be trusted to touch a single thing

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Middle eastern oil money has got to be the trashiest nouveau riche ever

Like 100 years ago the ppl in those areas were bedouin herders and squabbling tribal nobodies and 100 years from now they all will be again but for now theyre all yeah i want some cheese on my waffles and big ol fuckin buildings in an unsustainable desert yo

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

etalian posted:

Middle east oil money owns, how else could you get a US white republican to kiss and hold hands with a arab man?

Its uh, their custom, over there, see, and *resists urge to slip tongue*

My favorite story of arab oil trash money pits is the islands in dubai where they had to IMPORT SAND TO A GODDAMN DESERT bc their sand wasnt good enough, and bc of the erosion they constantly have to keep the imported sand coming, and where the engineers didnt even bother doing water flow analysis so some of the waterways between these ultra premium real estate islands are all stank and stagnant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Darth123123 posted:

I'm having a hard time discerning your approach to Syria and Isis. I'm a retard. This is gbs, give me 2 or 3 digestible sentences. Then end with something pithy.
theres only so many ways of saying lol no leave it alone let some other sucker deal with it there's no shortage of poo poo countries willing to get bogged down there

• Locked thread