Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
So its been a year since Farcry 4 which wasn't very good and now they've churned out yet another piece of crap. The gimmick for this one? You're basically beastmaster in the stone age. Sound fun? Probably for about an hour before you get sick of summoning the animals and throwing spears at people. The game looks pretty but it also looks like it'll get boring as gently caress really fast as its basically like reverse fun. Unless you think throwing stones at people all day and no explosions makes for fun. Looks like Ubisoft is turning this series into a COD of single players lol.

Is the game going to be good? I say no but GBS is heavily in debate about bad video games so I figured lets stab at Ubisoft's latest upcoming thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
Looks like a fun game imo. I will probably buy it for the playstation 4 console. :q:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Cleopatra 2525 was better than Beastmaster, IMO.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Games are bad

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Applewhite posted:

Cleopatra 2525 was better than Beastmaster, IMO.

And I got both of these references.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VNsjjYRgjc

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Looking forward to the Captain Caveman mod.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I thought far cry 4 was pretty good. I'm glad they recognized after a few hours you'll be sick of the mountain climbing gimmick and just gave you a helicopter.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

I did too :negative:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Berious posted:

I thought far cry 4 was pretty good. I'm glad they recognized after a few hours you'll be sick of the mountain climbing gimmick and just gave you a helicopter.

well unless theres a flying pterradactyl you can get in this game I doubt that'll happen here. Get ready to throw spears and shoot a dinky bow while you slowly saunter around like a mongoloid.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
People don't actually play these games in the traditional way. They just buy them to test and configure their graphics card performance.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Arian_Samurai posted:

People don't actually play these games in the traditional way. They just buy them to test and configure their graphics card performance.

I guess this is true because steam has a GPU testing program for $60 bucks lol

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Bob James posted:

Looking forward to the Captain Caveman mod.

Now this, I would buy.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i thimk everyone hates videogames because they expect the videogame to replace their gay life but it doesnt so their expectations are too high and they post millions of words about it

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Medium Cool posted:

Looks like a fun game imo. I will probably buy it for the playstation 4 console. :q:

This, but unironically. FC3 and 4 were both good.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I hope there's some hot hairy caveman rear end scenes. I feel like my ps4 has the graphical prowess to really make bareback ball slapping physics believable, something my ps2 was woefully inadequate at.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Blood Dragon was pretty great.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

criscodisco posted:

I hope there's some hot hairy caveman rear end scenes. I feel like my ps4 has the graphical prowess to really make bareback ball slapping physics believable, something my ps2 was woefully inadequate at.

Sadly no gay sex on the non PC version.

There will be plenty of hairy caveman cock and dangly ballsacks on the PC though when modded you better believe it.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Enfield posted:

i thimk everyone hates videogames because they expect the videogame to replace their gay life but it doesnt so their expectations are too high and they post millions of words about it

I played Gauntlet with my friend the other day on my new Playstation and we had a great time. It was a lot of fun hanging with a good pal, having some laughs, and playing a game. :)

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

bradzilla posted:

This, but unironically. FC3 and 4 were both good.

I wasn't being ironic, I'm going to play the poo poo out of this caveman simulator.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

BigBoss posted:

I played Gauntlet with my friend the other day on my new Playstation and we had a great time. It was a lot of fun hanging with a good pal, having some laughs, and playing a game. :)

gauntlet was fun back in the day. We'd get together for sleepovers and play it all night. The new one or the old one?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

BigBoss posted:

ive been playing clash of clans because i started in the hospital when i was always off my rocker on dildaudid and now i cant stop playing because i invested so much time into my gay base when i was high as poo poo and thought i was doing really cool poo poo when my dragons changed from green to purple

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
this is going to be fun as gently caress, kill yourself op

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

the great deceiver posted:

this is going to be fun as gently caress, kill yourself op

You're right I shoulda posted this closer to release :smith:

Too many people have hopes for it still.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Microwaves Mom posted:

You're right I shoulda posted this closer to release :smith:

Too many people have hopes for it still.

I think people will find it to be a "far cry" from a fun game :smug:

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.
Some say the game will be good.
Others say the game will be bad.

Is the truth somewhere in the middle?
To what can a man turn for unbiased games analysis?
Any peer-reviewed games journals out there?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Vibeo Games are for children.

pr0p
Dec 8, 2011
About 12 hours into the game you find a paved road.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

farcry 3 and 4 were really good, idiot

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

farcry 3 had these boobs in it. you can touch them

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
My favorite part of Farcry 3 was when you clip through the wall and then jitter wildly for several seconds before the game freezes.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

The Goatfather posted:

My favorite part happens right after that

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the only bad thing in fallout 4 is that you can never murder those hippie chucklefucks who keep drugging you

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.

The Goatfather posted:

the only bad thing in fallout 4 is that you can never murder those hippie chucklefucks who keep drugging you

i hate how u cant VATS those dang eagles while flying the verticopter

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I miss the trigens and goofy dialogue of the first game.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Thanks for posting a video for us to look at, fucker.

Here we are - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ2iH57Fs3M

But yes, I agree that throwing spears and not shooting things doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
They say you can use bees on people, but they haven't shown any footage of it so I'm guessing its really mundane and you like throw a beehive at someone and some dots come out and they go AGHHH.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Microwaves Mom posted:

They say you can use bees on people, but they haven't shown any footage of it so I'm guessing its really mundane and you like throw a beehive at someone and some dots come out and they go AGHHH.

It would be better if you shot bees from orifices in your wrists a-la Spiderman.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
All the dinosaur sex mods.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

The Goatfather posted:

Lmao video games are an embarrassing hobby.

Oh well back to just cause 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Farcry 3 and 3.5 and 4 were all really really good but this looks dumb as heck

• Locked thread