Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

JT Jag posted:

Just because we're called the Empire doesn't mean we're the baddies, you know?

We're the Empire of Beeblebrox, specifically, and Captain Beeblebrox is the coolest frood in the galaxy, so everything about this Empire will be cool and froody.

I believe you mean the hoopiest frood in the galaxy :colbert:

(beaten, I know, but I don't care. I can do that sort of thing. I'm so hip I can't see over my pelvis.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
Concordance

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

Yeah, why the hell not? In any case, one thing that games of this era love to do is make references, and Captain Tuf, funnily enough, is most likely one of them! Specifically, Haviland Tuf, of Tuf Voyaging, by George R R Martin. You want to watch out for that one, Captain Beeblebrox, I don't think he's to be trusted!

macdjord
Oct 26, 2013
If it were any other captain's name, I'd go with one of the serious choices... but under these circumstances, it can only be:
The Empire of Beeblebrox

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
The Empire because then we get Star Destroyers right and play the Imperial March every time we encounter something else.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

I forgot how good music is in this game.

And voting for The Empire of Beeblebrox.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
The Empire are always the good guys.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Empire

Of course.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Concordance. Buncha Froods.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

The Empire strikes back!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
We shall rule our Empire with an iron fist.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
The Concordance of Weirdos.

Also, you might want to link the sweet music separately.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Concordance of whatever

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Just to be absolutely clear on this - are all you people posting that image voting for Concordance?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

ProfessorProf posted:

Just to be absolutely clear on this - are all you people posting that image voting for Concordance?

A thousand times, yes.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
In that case, I think Concordance and Empire are currently tied for the vote. How exciting!

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Concordance

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Empire

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Empire

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Concordance

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Concordaaance

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Empire. Everything else seems co-operative, and we can't have that.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Dance of the Concors

Ptolo
Oct 31, 2011
Concordance

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Wait.

If it's the concordance of alien races, which race is the natives?

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Concordance

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Empire

HotAndColdAF
May 30, 2011

Making Daddy proud.
Concordance of Alien Nations is the only choice with an acronym that forms a word, and therefore the one with maximum puntential.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Empire.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Concordance

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Empire, none of this pansy concordance or alliance stuff - time to go all Genghis Khan on these Ur-Assholes (and presumably the rest of the galaxy).

Never played this game (but something similar on the Mega Drive, can't recall the name though), the set-up seems pretty perfect for this sort of game.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Pimpmust posted:

Never played this game (but something similar on the Mega Drive, can't recall the name though)

Protostar?

DentD
Aug 13, 2015

I can predict the future! And you're going to be OKAY.
I want to go with the Concordance of Weirdos so we can see how the slave guy reacts... but man, Empire Beeblebrox feels much more appropriate.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

No, you started out on a rather ordinary lookning space station with a piece-of-poo poo white ship that may have looked somewhat like a penis - you could land on planets (to hilarious results of their gravity was too high) and drive around some sort or rover and mine stuff. There was also combat. All rather similar to this game here, but with more modern 2D graphics. You had to buy fuel and could pretty easily run out too...

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Pimpmust posted:

No, you started out on a rather ordinary lookning space station with a piece-of-poo poo white ship that may have looked somewhat like a penis - you could land on planets (to hilarious results of their gravity was too high) and drive around some sort or rover and mine stuff. There was also combat. All rather similar to this game here, but with more modern 2D graphics. You had to buy fuel and could pretty easily run out too...

Starflight?

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
This game has indeed been described as a spiritual successor to Starflight.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Right! Starflight it was.

Weird how common this sort of game used to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Pimpmust posted:

Right! Starflight it was.

Weird how common this sort of game used to be.

Ah, you had the Genesis version, like me! I used to rent that game so often the rental store sold it to me and I spent years as a kid figuring out how to beat it. Starflight was awesome.

Thus, when I discovered SC2, of course I loved it too.

• Locked thread