Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Empire, anything less wouldn't be deserving of our legacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I really hate the company president, Wardel. However, if the game is good, then I'll probably buy it.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Glazius posted:

Man, now I'm really curious about what THE INSULT was.

I'll save it for the OP, but it wasn't pleasant.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Roland Jones posted:

Yep. First they were slaves of humanity, then they escaped only to be captured and enslaved by the Ur-Quan (which, at least, let them get revenge on humanity), then they accidentally released the Orz and got annihilated/assimilated/erased. It sucks to be the Androsynth.

They don't even have genitals.

What monsters we have become.

Excelsiortothemax fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Dec 31, 2015

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Star Control is being remade by Star Dock. Work has already begun and its in the planning phase. Should be out by late 2016/early 2017.

Here's hoping that they don't gently caress it up.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Looks like they hired the artist that worked on Star Drive, or are apeing it really well.

Also Star Docks office that they opened up is apparently right next store to Activisions so they can chat with the guys from Toys for Boys when they need a lore question....

Because guys that work in IT can't use e-mails or phones...

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Robindaybird posted:

Man, the Syren are kind of eye-rolling - I suppose they had to have the attractive space babe, but they really stick out among the more alien-alien species.

You know who also had this idea? The guys who made Star Control 3. I'd much rather have the breathy space babes in 2 than the rejected Morrowind Elves that we got.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
We already know how they did it. The Spathi are incredibly intelligent cowards. They went from Stone to atomic age in under a thousand years. Fear fuels them. Since it was their intent to be slave shielded all along it only makes sense that they agreed to help us so they could study the shield and lock themselves away.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
There were allied to Humanity, the rest they didn't care about.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
For sci fi book reads I suggest Greg Bear. The Forge of God and Anvil of the Stars are great sci fi.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Also, in the 3D0 versions, that little fuckers favourite thing was to blow up immediately at the beginning of combat.

The first time I found him he blew up and ended the quest chain.

I actually restarted my game from an earlier save and had to save scum in order to make sure he didn't blow himself up.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
No idea but it always happened to me. Must have been a bug in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Let's also not forget that the Ur Quan are massive Hunter Killer caterpillars that spent the majority of their civilization murdering their way to supremacy.

One second is all that is needed for them to crush something that is the size of an earth toad. Especially when they look physically frail and not that fast.

• Locked thread