Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

We need to extend our range. We don't seem to be running out of cargo space yet, but we burn through fuel fast. Buy Fuel Tanks and go visit the Pkunk. Our human cruiser kicked the Ilwrathi asses pretty easily so this seems safe and its close. I think we might want a larger fleet before visiting the Spathi so they'll be more terrified of us and more likely to join peacefully.

Do Antimatter Thrusters increase range? I could see them increasing max speed and thus range if fuel use is a function of time. I could also see them being coded so that more thrusters are less efficient and so it actually takes more fuel to get places even if we get there faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

We've met the Spathi, lets meet someone new the Pkunk!

Robhol posted:

My suggestion is:

Max. Antimatter Thrusters (7x500 = 3500RU)
Max. Turning Jets (4x500 = 2000RU)
Fuel Tank + additional fuel (1700RU)
Cargo Bay (750RU)
Crew Pod + additional crew (2150RU)
Total: 10100RU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

my dad posted:

Probably too late too change the goon concensus, but I vote:

1 crew quarters + crew
1 fuel tank + fuel