Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Ah, the Eluder. One of the best ships in the game, especially if you aren't very good at flying!

Let's buy a cargo bay then explore nearby stars to see if we can scrounge up enough minerals to better outfit our ship before we go make new friends / enemies.

Also, the handy thing about this being in an LP format is that we'll have a record of where we've been - it's easy to lose track of which planets you've already looted in this game.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

LLSix posted:

Our human cruiser kicked the Ilwrathi asses pretty easily so this seems safe and its close.

You remember how the Ilwrath commander told us that he'd left Pkunk space because his ship was badly in need of re-crewing and repair? I suspect we may find the next one just a tiny bit tougher.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
I find the probes a bit of a chore even with an Eluder - persuading them to chase you rather than keep changing direction to attack you head-on sometimes takes ages.

ProfessorProf posted:

Fun fact: If you datamine their conversation sprites, the ZFP are labeled in the code as Zoq, Fot, and Pik, from left to right. So, they're both wrong - the one in the back is the Fot.
No, he's not!

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Glidergun posted:

Shopping list:

1x Cargo Bay (750 RU)
1x Planet Lander (500 RU)
2x Spathi Eluder and crew (~3800 RU)
Total: ~5050 RU

Well-piloted Eluders can kill almost anything in known space. Getting the Spathi on our side is a spectacular coup; let's take advantage of it, and in the meantime set up for some further mining operations.

I concur with the shopping list, but we should really visit the Pkunk since they're close. Hopefully we might find some biodata on the way.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

ProfessorProf posted:

Next update is going to have a nice meaty chunk of Pkunk ship combat. My hope was to have the ship's stranger properties come as a surprise to anyone reading the thread who hasn't played the game before. Is this too strict of a policy?

No, that's perfectly fair. The best way for anyone to experience the game's surprises is too see it for themselves rather than just have a bunch of us going "hey how about that thing". Speaking as someone who 's already seen this game, I'd much prefer to read fresh reactions over old spoilers. But goons will be goons.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Pyroi posted:

From what we've heard, I say we should concentrate on locating the Arilou. They seem like they'll be good allies if we can find them.

Do we have any leads on finding the Ariloulaaleelay? We've heard a bit about them, but have we been told where they come from?

GlyphGryph posted:

Go for the Zoq Fot Pik, Vela/Androsynth on return trip
I concur with this, we know they need help right now.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
The one downside of this being an LP is that you miss out on the funniest moment of talking to the Utwig. He drones on in this looooong boring morose monotone, and it's so much quicker to just skim over the text rather than listen to the voice actor say every line... so you skip past most of his backstory, line by line, until finally he whines "Are you still listening?"

J, let's go save the Pkunk again.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

ProfessorProf posted:

Now to pay a visit to the most dangerous lifeform in the galaxy.

Yup! There ain't nobody better than me with a thrusting stinger tongue attack!

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Throwing Turtles posted:

I never worked out the timing but I've always wondered if the Ilrath attacking the Pkunk was an Umgah idea or a talking pet idea. It seems like something both would do.

I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere, maybe in dialogue that we've missed, but the Umgah thought they were playing a prank on the Ilwrath by sending them to attack the Yehat. (This would have gone very badly for the Ilwrath. We haven't seen the Yehat ship in action yet, but it's one of the game's heavyweights.) I don't think the Umgah even knew the Pkunk existed.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Doctor Bombadil posted:

:frogsiren:

Let's visit Yehat and tell them about the Shofixti.

Let's visit the Yehat and talk to them about flowers.

(Also, I hope you talk to our cuddly best friend in the cargo hold some more - I seem to recall he has some great dialogue.)

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
The other great thing about using the Pkunk on the Sa-Matra is that their sideways firing arcs are ideal for doing a drive-by shooting on a stationary target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Seiren posted:

Poor Slylandro, forgotten by the credits. :(

Another Grand Slam LP, and I'm still thankful for seeing that this is a game that exists.

Content to Hover and Sullen Plummet were busy. :pervert:

• Locked thread