Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Well gee, if it's that much of a brawl I'll go ahead and throw my hat in for Empire, because

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Empire. Everything else seems co-operative, and we can't have that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Levarris posted:

Also, you should seek out the source of the ineffable Juffo-Wup and have a spore sac implanted into your brain, then you can truly understand and be a part of Juffo Wup. You would be happier, consider this.

We are already *happy campers* who *party* with Orz, to abandon them for Juffo-Wup would *frumple*.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Having never touched the game before, I just went and won Super Melee as both preset "balanced teams" against each other. Only by a bare thread both times against the default easy AI, but I feel qualified enough to sign on for the tournament.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Roland Jones posted:

Note to people who come onto IRC: Stick around. It's not very active, but people do check it. If you need a particular person's attention you can say their username to ping them and if they're around they should notice.

Ralphomon posted:

Ha, I feel this is at least partially directed at me. I just popped in to check that I still knew how to use IRC,and was going to say that I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to do my round of the tournament: maybe this week, might have to wait until next weekend. Is there a time limit yet?

I haven't checked in at all! :v: In fact, I don't think I've ever even used an IRC chatroom before. I'll try and see if I can figure it all out around 12 EST tomorrow, see if I can at least get in on the scheduling that's been going on.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

GlyphGryph posted:

Oblivion: Are you still interested in doing a match? What time zone are you and when are you free? I'm good everyday after 8pm EST to 12pm EST. Let's get this done!

Yeah, I'm still interested in doing a match. I'm EST and able to stick around until 11 PM for the next several days. I had wanted to get in a practice match against someone else first, since I didn't want my first match against a human to be part of the tournament. So, I'll hang out in the IRC from around 1-6 and then 7 on, hope to get a practice match, and go against you when you show up whether I got a practice match or not.

Since I haven't posted to that effect yet, thanks for the LP ProfessorProf. I never would have known that this game did actually live up to all the good things I kept hearing about it, though at the low low price of Free I really should have taken the time to find out for myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Just had my tournament match. Did alright in the practice round, but bad Jugger piloting and bad luck took out my best ships in the real match. Thanks for the good matches GlyphGryph, and good luck to the remaining players.

Here's their Twitch recording, it's kinda choppy throughout. http://www.twitch.tv/glyphgryph/v/49705733

• Locked thread