Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Illinois Smith posted:

Yeah, if you want dumb, fun and violent Willis just watch this.

Yeah, if I had to choose an unfairly maligned Bruce Willis movie, I'd certainly go to The Last Boyscout over Hudson Hawk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Wait... people malign The Last Boy Scout? I think it's pure awesomeness from beginning to end, in the great Shane Black tradition. Just a great, violent action/buddy comedy. In fact, it's my favorite Bruce Willis movie after the original Die Hard.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
People often overstate how bad Hudson Hawk is, much like with Ishtar; however, where Ishtar is secretly a quite good film, Hudson Hawk is just really mediocre.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
Hudson Hawk is just completely off the rails in the way all bad movies should strive to be. It is in no way good, but it is a lot of fun.

precision posted:

Ishtar is secretly a quite good film

Do not listen to this guy about Ishtar. It is not good and the singing scenes are both awful and interminable.

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
People who dislike Hudson Hawk are the same people who think grimdark batman should have been picture of the year. They have wrong opinions, is what I'm saying.

Nateron
Mar 9, 2009

What spit?

Pycckuu posted:

People who dislike Hudson Hawk are the same people who think grimdark batman should have been picture of the year. They have wrong opinions, is what I'm saying.

Christian Bale should have drank cappuccinos all movie as a reference to HH. Then Batman goes on a zany DaVinci adventure to stop the Riddler.

Bruce Willis plays the role of Bunny and Alfred has those big gently caress all knife things.

I'm adding nothing to this and woke up wayyyyyy to early.

But still Hudson Hawk, quality movie.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Hudson Hawk is a fun movie, and I still love it.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Hudson Hawk was a hell of a lot more enjoyable to watch than any of the Nolan Batman movies.

EDIT: Also it had early YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH with David Caruso as an evil mime:

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Dec 18, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hudson hawk is good

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Payndz posted:

Hudson Hawk was a hell of a lot more enjoyable to watch than any of the Nolan Batman movies.

EDIT: Also it had early YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH with David Caruso as an evil mime:

Lookit that big ol' meaty noggin. I want to cover it in duxelles, pate and puff pastry, cook it for a completely appropriate amount of time, then serve it to my loved ones this holiday season.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I've found most people do not like Hudson "the hawk" Hawk because its badly acted and written with non sensical characters

However the butler with the flippy sleeve knives was totally my poo poo

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I played the poo poo outta the Hudson Hawk NES game.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

How broken a human must you be to let a film's marketing color your opinion of it?o

oldpainless posted:

I've found most people do not like Hudson "the hawk" Hawk because its badly acted and written with non sensical characters

However the butler with the flippy sleeve knives was totally my poo poo

What would be a goodly acted Hudson Hawk? Mumblecore?

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

It's worth viewing if only to watch Richard E. Grant viscerally hate his way through an entire feature-length film. He couldn't even be bothered to ham his way through like Alan Rickman or Raul Julia.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Meaty Ore posted:

It's worth viewing if only to watch Richard E. Grant viscerally hate his way through an entire feature-length film. He couldn't even be bothered to ham his way through like Alan Rickman or Raul Julia.

Really? Because I thought he was a fantastic ham, especially in the amazing villain monologue at the end.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sarkozymandias posted:

How broken a human must you be to let a film's marketing color your opinion of it?

You can probably find out if you go into one of the Star Wars threads.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Andie MacDowell was great in this movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYQMEOp04Iw

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Not for nothing, but Mortdecai is basically the same movie as Hudson Hawk, and is much worse.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ozmunkeh posted:

so many wrong opinions. Hudson hawk is incredible.

Look at it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX_jCwNTKHU

Look at that loving glorious trainwreck. I love it.

It's like Bruno realized he's in the Last Action Hero movie and just rolls with all the crazy poo poo surrounding him, but with lots of swears also. If they'd kept the movie's tone pg-13 it would've done a lot better. I still like it a lot though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I've never seen this movie and now I want to.

• Locked thread