Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nostratic posted:

So did Anne Hathaway impregnate herself with all the sperm or what? I feel let down that this was not shown.

No if you watch the whole post credits scene she just spends the rest of her life on the planet whining about not getting good film roles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Anne hathaway built a cloning machine on her new planet with the help of science and started having incredibly hot sexual orgies with her clones

this is canon

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Nostratic posted:

So did Anne Hathaway impregnate herself with all the sperm or what? I feel let down that this was not shown.

What do you think Rombly was eating for 23 years outside Gargantuan?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The Prestige is a really good movie at least

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I watched Interstellar when I was drunk on a plane. At that part when they find out they've been gone for 20 years and McConaughey watches the videos from home I cried like a tiny little bitch baby so I then paused the movie and took a nap because I realized that I was way too drunk to handle it at that time.

Thank you for reading my review of Interstellar.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
is anne hathaway so pale because she spent a large amount of time in space?

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
So who put the very first wormhole near Jupiter to start the whole message back in time event the first time

Also Marph!!!! MARRRRPPPHHH

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Future Humans did

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Professor Shark posted:

Future Humans did

the future human was him

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Professor Shark posted:

Future Humans did

Then who saved the future humans the first time and allowed the to create the wormhole and start the paradox ???

Checkmate atheists

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

gently caress the ROW posted:

the future human was him

He just used the device they sent back

Gibberish posted:

Then who saved the future humans the first time and allowed the to create the wormhole and start the paradox ???

Checkmate atheists

I can only imagine that humanity managed to survive but at a great cost or something idk

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Gibberish posted:

Also Marph!!!! MARRRRPPPHHH

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

the future human was him

the sperm was inside her all along

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
MARPH!!!

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Gibberish posted:

Checkmate atheists

there was no first time they were always saved by future humans lol time

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Ahundredbux posted:

is anne hathaway so pale because she spent a large amount of time in space?

pretty sure it was because of all the sperm she had to eat once she finished dr wolfs corpse

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Why instead of attempting to leave earth, they just dug a really huge grave and then laid in it?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
What is Nolan's obsession with my cocaine

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
there were no future humans it was just him he even says that when he's behind the bookcase and uses love to ... to travel across the dimensions

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Humans sent back this device that would allow him to manipulate the past

It's dumb, but not that dumb

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

there were no future humans it was just him he even says that when he's behind the bookcase and uses love to ... to travel across the dimensions

Maybe gravity is love, the earth loves all except rockets.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Tenzarin posted:

Maybe gravity is love, the earth loves all except rockets.
The earth loves rockets, too, it just doesn't love them hard enough.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Gravity is too clingy - I just need some space.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Professor Shark posted:

Humans sent back this device that would allow him to manipulate the past

It's dumb, but not that dumb

No the black hole did it all... maybe watch it again and listen when hes talking to the bookcases, cryibng, and hitting the bookcases

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I don't need to watch the Nolan movie again to get a better understanding of it's complex plot

When Matt McConaughey was talking about "they" in that scene did you think he meant "they" as in "me"?

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
he says "it was us" when he's weeping and slapping his palms against the bookcases and then carefully does every single thing that made him get to where he wwas in the black hole.. i dont want to remember this movie anymore... your on your own.. there were no future humans it was him the whole time..

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

But it wasn't, you just really misunderstood it :psyduck:

It was "us" as in "Humans" and not aliens, like they'd thought the entire movie.

drat you're dumb

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

he says "it was us" when he's weeping and slapping his palms against the bookcases and then carefully does every single thing that made him get to where he wwas in the black hole.. i dont want to remember this movie anymore... your on your own.. there were no future humans it was him the whole time..
He sent the specific information, but he didn't create the time portal thing that allowed him to do it in the first place. I guess that was naturally-occurring? Quite a coincidence that it linked right back to his daughter's bedroom, though, if it was...

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I didn't really get what was going on with the ocean planet, if it had super time-altering gravity why didn't they get crushed to death after flying down? Was there some explanation there I missed?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I like to believe that the first go round, it wasn't aliens that created the black hole tesseract, it was McHonhayay falling in to the empty black soulless eyes of a vapid Anne Hathaway, that some how sent him behind the bookcase

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Strudel Man posted:

He sent the specific information, but he didn't create the time portal thing that allowed him to do it in the first place. I guess that was naturally-occurring? Quite a coincidence that it linked right back to his daughter's bedroom, though, if it was...

Humans from the future built it and it was specific to Matt McConaughey because they already knew that he would enter it because it had already happened in the distant past to them

The humans that were leaving Earth at the end will someday create a device that can send the Bookshelf thing back in time and they will immediately send it, because they already had one sent to them

The black hole was man made, it was sent from the future

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Mattavist posted:

I didn't really get what was going on with the ocean planet, if it had super time-altering gravity why didn't they get crushed to death after flying down? Was there some explanation there I missed?
The time distortion wasn't from the planet itself, it was from the planet being close to the black hole.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The guy who stayed on the ship would have been able to watch them land for like 20 years, then watch them return

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Strudel Man posted:

he did it, the black hole powered him up

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

My row is being hosed

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
he sent the worm hole from the future himself, just like he touched the girl on the space plane, who they also thought was the aliens.. its probably why he says "it was us the whole time" when he's in the black hole mashing himself against the bookshelf

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

You're bad at watching movies

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
whatever but i saw it twice pretty sure i know what im talking about - first time at the theater and then again (on a standard size green couch)

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Ask yourself this: at one point in the movie did Matthew McConaughey develop the power/ technology to create black-holes and a time-teleporting machine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

he sent the worm hole from the future himself, just like he touched the girl on the space plane, who they also thought was the aliens.. its probably why he says "it was us the whole time" when he's in the black hole mashing himself against the bookshelf

I think he meant that specific instance where he touched the girl on the space plane was "us" as well as other instances where the anomaly interacted with him in the past.

The wormhole and the bookshelf room were created by advanced humans from the distant future.

• Locked thread