Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Wasn't there some fighting game where it was a bunch of dinosaurs and prehistoric monsters and poo poo? Or am I imagining this

Best arcade games according to 10-year-old me:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Simpsons
That X-Men one with the dual screens :aaa:
TMNT: Turtles in Time
Mortal Kombat Whatever

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol if you don't try to say "FULGORE" like the announcer sometimes for no reason

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

the great deceiver posted:

i don't really remember much about clayfighter on the snes but i swear to god if any of you motherfuckers say anything about clayfighter 63 1/3

There was an Elvis impersonator named blue suede goo.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Skeleton Ape posted:

Wasn't there some fighting game where it was a bunch of dinosaurs and prehistoric monsters and poo poo? Or am I imagining this

Best arcade games according to 10-year-old me:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Simpsons
That X-Men one with the dual screens :aaa:
TMNT: Turtles in Time
Mortal Kombat Whatever

:colbert:

You're thinking of Primal Rage.

Also, I feel bad that you didn't have Metal Slug, SF2, or Sunset Riders in your arcade as a kid, cause there's no way they don't make the list if you did.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I had a cassette recording of the soundtrack (Killer Cuts) that came with the game. 11 year old me thought it was pretty rad.

KIILLLL-ERR KILLL-ERR, oooooooo SHE'S A KILLLLL-ERR

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Sunset riders was awesome but lol if you got stuck with the gay blonde guy

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
https://youtu.be/fNibXv--7DU?t=2m4s

McPhock
Dec 25, 2004
hat-wearing champion of rhode island

Tom Gorman posted:

come on and fight them if you dare

gently caress you helga, you have bullshit range on your moves

Also, laffo:

http://www.interplay.com/about/article.php?id=80

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Which barcade has this? None say ki2 on their site.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

McPhock posted:

gently caress you helga, you have bullshit range on your moves

Also, laffo:

http://www.interplay.com/about/article.php?id=80

Interplay is still around? Why the gently caress aren't they remaking Rock and Roll Racing?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Pit fighter was poo poo on snes. Arcade version was the only version worth a poo poo.

WHOP PSSSH YEAH

WHOP PSSSH YEAH

WHOP PSSSH YEAH

WHOP PSSSH YEAH

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Jukeboxblues posted:

isnt that the game that also has like 1400 fatalities or something stupid?

Yeah and it was never released cause it was total crap.

A game I think about all the time is Bloodstorm I never played it but it had fatalities within fatalities going on that seemed really neat but otherwise I'm guessing the game was bad. Best fatalities were in Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side on Sega CD. I always loved that minecart one where dude gets ran through by the log.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XGp7yHnj08 :black101:

AbbadonOfHell fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Dec 11, 2015

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

I dunno OP the new SF4 has pgood music too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdKB-6ueD4o

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

AbbadonOfHell posted:

Yeah and it was never released cause it was total crap.

A game I think about all the time is Bloodstorm I never played it but it had fatalities within fatalities going on that seemed really neat but otherwise I'm guessing the game was bad. Best fatalities were ing Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side on Sega CD. I always loved that minecart one where dude gets ran through by the log.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XGp7yHnj08 :black101:

I always thought Eternal Champions was pretty cool, I just could never remember what that game about fighting time travelers was called :3:

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Iron Crowned posted:

I always thought Eternal Champions was pretty cool, I just could never remember what that game about fighting time travelers was called :3:

To be fair there were several I think, EC and Time Killers comes to mind.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Solice Kirsk posted:

Interplay is still around? Why the gently caress aren't they remaking Rock and Roll Racing?

I'm guessing Blizzard owns it, since they remade it for GBA and Interplay's site doesn't mention it in their list of games. The wikipedia article for Rock n Roll Racing says Interplay put out a sequel on Playstation though so idk

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Melmac posted:

OP never responded; confirmed liar.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Melmac posted:

16-bit Arcade in Cincinnati, broseph.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

daaaaaaaaaaaamn

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
I was at an arcade with KI and there was a regular who showed up and everyone called Saber tooth because that was the only character he played and only game he played.

He kept trying to provoke me into playing him or whatever so I eventually agreed. Don't know his name but there is a character made out of ice or something who I always favored. Played that guy and beat his rear end multiple times and he got really pissed about it. Every time he would win a round all night long he would howl like a wolf loud as gently caress and startle everyone near him.

Scared the poo poo out of the kids who would come in. The owner apparently threatened to ban him from the place multiple times if he didn't calm the gently caress down.

Crazyeyes fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Dec 11, 2015

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
If you didnt kill him in 2 combos you need to git gud scrub

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I didnt know they were a chain. The one in Cleveland has a bunch of people every single night of the week its crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

sugar free jazz posted:

I didnt know they were a chain. The one in Cleveland has a bunch of people every single night of the week its crazy.

I was playing on a Wednesday night and it was packed, like "wtf?"

• Locked thread