Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Maduo posted:

That's maybe the one benefit to doing such a high profile case this season; Bergdahl's situation was already an insane shitshow before Sarah Koenig got there.

i guess that's one way to reddit-proof the subjects of your show. just have them be the US military, the Taliban, and some guy who is getting so much hate mail and death threats that he won't even notice a few nerdlords from the internet trying to be weird to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Has anyone else here watched bridge of spies yet? I'm finding a lot of parallels with this season's serial in just basically how our government is treating bergdhal. Like yeah he is a huge idiot for that initial capture but cmon man the guy was held captive in the worst conditions possible for 5 years and when we get him back we just treat him like poo poo?

For as loving stupid the initial capture was and his reasons I don't think anyone deserves that treatment.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Feels like this episode is finally doing the "zoom out and see the bigger picture" clusterfuck that was promised in episode one. What a mess.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Like yeah he is a huge idiot for that initial capture but cmon man the guy was held captive in the worst conditions possible for 5 years and when we get him back we just treat him like poo poo?

For as loving stupid the initial capture was and his reasons I don't think anyone deserves that treatment.

Like anything since January 21, 2009, it boils down to the fact that Obama is the president.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I wasn't impressed with this episode. Kim, or whatever her name is, seems like she's full of poo poo. How the hell does someone else cancel your visa, unless it's a government agency?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Happy Hedonist posted:

I wasn't impressed with this episode. Kim, or whatever her name is, seems like she's full of poo poo. How the hell does someone else cancel your visa, unless it's a government agency?

Well she was in touch with the FBI and independent sources confirmed she wasn't full of poo poo so you seem bad at understanding thing

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

Iron Crowned posted:

Like anything since January 21, 2009, it boils down to the fact that Obama is the president.

:rolleyes:

Happy Hedonist posted:

Jesus Christ...

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I typically think someone is full of poo poo when they say something that doesn't make sense and then follow it with a nervous laugh. Call me crazy. I understood it just fine, that particular statement just struck me as bullshit. She also had a mysterious secret way to contact the Taliban in Pakistan. Considering the fact she was presented as some normal Joe from Tampa, that's weird.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Happy Hedonist posted:

I typically think someone is full of poo poo when they say something that doesn't make sense and then follow it with a nervous laugh. Call me crazy. I understood it just fine, that particular statement just struck me as bullshit. She also had a mysterious secret way to contact the Taliban in Pakistan. Considering the fact she was presented as some normal Joe from Tampa, that's weird.

the FBI confirmed her story so are they full of poo poo too or what

also she's from Portland, not Tampa. Tampa is where CENTCOM is. Is everything okay at home?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
In an era of saturation-level global communications, is it that hard to believe you could get in touch with the Taliban if you really wanted to? Assuming you don't mind ending up on a bunch of watchlists etc

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

webmeister posted:

In an era of saturation-level global communications, is it that hard to believe you could get in touch with the Taliban if you really wanted to? Assuming you don't mind ending up on a bunch of watchlists etc

Yeah honestly we live in a world where Sean loving Penn managed to track down el chapo before the Mexico government could.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

webmeister posted:

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Yeah honestly we live in a world where Sean loving Penn managed to track down el chapo before the Mexico government could.

Indeed. We are living in a world where I can tweet to one of the ISIS mouthpieces while I wait in line at Starbucks, so it is entirely acceptable to think a professional journalist could actually speak to one of these guys.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Season stinks

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i liked this episode. i haven't followed the bergdahl story much so i am finally understanding how some of the pieces fit together. it's pretty sad how all of the federal bureaucracies were totally not prepared for a hostage situation like his, and how that was compounded by people all up and down the DoD chain of command who didn't give a poo poo about him. i think the people I've had the most respect for so far on the rescue side are bowe's dad and friend.

p.s. if any true crime nerds are still reading this thread, go watch Making a Murderer on Netflix. imo it's like the adnan case on steroids

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Dr. Gene Dango MD posted:

Does anyone know where I can find the season 2 theme song without anything in the background? I like it even more than the first one.

In case you're still interested, the Season 2 album is on iTunes now, and the new theme song is the track creatively called "Bowe Two (Theme)".

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Kelly posted:

Indeed. We are living in a world where I can tweet to one of the ISIS mouthpieces while I wait in line at Starbucks, so it is entirely acceptable to think a professional journalist could actually speak to one of these guys.

Sarah managed it, and her method for doing that basically seemed to be "speak to an Afghan journalist who knows somebody who knows somebody".

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

sounds like she's full of poo poo too tbh

Dr. Gene Dango MD
May 20, 2010

Fuck them other cats I'm running with my own wolfpack

Keep fronting like youse a thug and get ya dome pushed back

Raxivace posted:

In case you're still interested, the Season 2 album is on iTunes now, and the new theme song is the track creatively called "Bowe Two (Theme)".
Thanks!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Lutha Mahtin posted:

p.s. if any true crime nerds are still reading this thread, go watch Making a Murderer on Netflix. imo it's like the adnan case on steroids

If you mean how its also biased portrayal of a case of clear guilt that unquestioning people lap up then sure

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm out

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

The fact I have to wait a week to listen to this thing I don't even like is pissing me off. Shame that Koenig is such a little minx

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

If you mean how its also biased portrayal of a case of clear guilt that unquestioning people lap up then sure

Holy poo poo

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Joe Gillian posted:

Holy poo poo

He's not wrong.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Paul Zuvella posted:

He's not wrong.

Maybe not, but he is boring. Every discussion of season one is circular and repetitive at this point, and smug dismissals are even more boring.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

He's not wrong.
He's not exactly right either. With all the facts out there, medium notwithstanding, he must know something we don't to be so certain.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Joe Gillian posted:

He's not exactly right either. With all the facts out there, medium notwithstanding, he must know something we don't to be so certain.

He knows that he's smarter than you, and you're a fool to think otherwise. Seriously, you're wasting your time arguing with this guy.

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Feb 1, 2016

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Point taken. This season is pretty boring, which doesn't leave me much agency here.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Adnan Syed's three day hearing on whether he will be granted a new trial started today.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...campaign=buffer

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I bailed after episode 2. I wouldn't be surprised if this season saw a 90% drop in listenership.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

thanks I'll update the spreadsheet

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

This episode: Bowe Spergdahl

Kings Of Calabria
Sep 10, 2013
Hail Mary pass to season one of Serial this week. Spoiler: it sucks balls. Koenig pretends she's some impartial non-actor. Adnan won't look at her. Asia McClaine apparently looks like Nikki in heels and red lipstick.... some dizzy charm city hooker girl that doesn't know what she's saying... I wonder what Koenig was trying to imply here???

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Do we know if adnan and Koenig ever had sex. I mean we know but do we have proof

Kings Of Calabria
Sep 10, 2013

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Do we know if adnan and Koenig ever had sex. I mean we know but do we have proof

That dude fucks.

"All my conversations over the last year with this charming muscular tall man-voice Mediterranean teen quarterback were just for investigation purposes. I was not super horny in all those breathy conversations, it is an issue for the courts which i will pervert with vigilante justice" lol

Kings Of Calabria fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Feb 4, 2016

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I cannot even begin to imagine how hot that sex was. I'm horney just thinking about it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kings Of Calabria
Sep 10, 2013

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

I cannot even begin to imagine how hot that sex was. I'm horney just thinking about it

NPR paid for the sex tent. Between Jay Adnan and Sarah there were many shades of brown, all thrusting into a betsy ross quilt.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Mmmmmmmmm

Kings Of Calabria
Sep 10, 2013

I'm so stupid!

Kings Of Calabria fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Feb 5, 2016

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Is this a real internet theory or just this thread being dumb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Please go back to GBS.

• Locked thread