Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

RickVoid posted:

So here's a "minor mystery", what the hell did Sha'ira give us there? The dialogue makes it sound like we got something, but then after the cutscene it isn't listed with the quest rewards and there is nothing new in the inventory. And I'm pretty drat sure it is never mentioned again.

It's an artifact that can be used on one of the minor worlds to activate a flashback sequence (text-only).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

RickVoid posted:

So here's a "minor mystery", what the hell did Sha'ira give us there? The dialogue makes it sound like we got something, but then after the cutscene it isn't listed with the quest rewards and there is nothing new in the inventory. And I'm pretty drat sure it is never mentioned again.

It's a key for a text extrra thingie in one of the empty worlds

E: ninja'd
E2: wait there's a 5 minute gap between the posts how did I not see it what the hell

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Alexeythegreat posted:

E2: wait there's a 5 minute gap between the posts how did I not see it what the hell

New page that was created while you were reading the previous page.

It's an interesting flashback in terms of world-building, but otherwise ultimately pointless. I wonder, does it get mentioned in From the Ashes?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Zoran posted:

It's an artifact that can be used on one of the minor worlds to activate a flashback sequence (text-only).

The artifact is also on Eletania, home of the monkey quest. Probably one of the worst planets in the side planets in the game.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

monster on a stick posted:

The artifact is also on Eletania, home of the monkey quest. Probably one of the worst planets in the side planets in the game.

Only worst if you are a paragon Shepard. Muhahahaha. No seriously even as renegade I hate that planet but at least renegade gives some satisfaction to it. Also I should really get around to doing a paragon run and with a male Shepard for once.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

StoryTime posted:

You sure? Youtube commenter LoneWolfIcy disagrees vehemently, and warns us all of the consequences of quarians revealing their faces.

Jesus.... I was disappointed in the picture too, but if they just rendered it during the "romance scene" it would have worked for me. Why does Tali attract these people?

My Q-Face posted:

New page that was created while you were reading the previous page.

It's an interesting flashback in terms of world-building, but otherwise ultimately pointless. I wonder, does it get mentioned in From the Ashes?

Does it ever get referenced again? I can't remember that flashback at all

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

The Flashback is about Prothean Observers putting an implant into an early Human. I can't remember if it's referenced in a conversation between Shepard and Javik

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

My Q-Face posted:

The Flashback is about Prothean Observers putting an implant into an early Human. I can't remember if it's referenced in a conversation between Shepard and Javik
I vaguely remember them talking about how the Protheans observed humans, but that might have been in regards to the ruins on Mars and not the amulet thingy.

An update on updates: going out of town tonight to celebrate my birthday :toot: will be back tomorrow and will get us a new video posted in the next couple of days.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

SubponticatePoster posted:

I vaguely remember them talking about how the Protheans observed humans, but that might have been in regards to the ruins on Mars and not the amulet thingy.

An update on updates: going out of town tonight to celebrate my birthday :toot: will be back tomorrow and will get us a new video posted in the next couple of days.

My youngest daughter turned 4 today, so Happy Birthdays all around! :3:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Yeah, the Protheans were watching humanity but severed all contact once the Reapers came knocking.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

My Q-Face posted:

That sounds like an Erich von Däniken wet dream

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I think the idea is that the Protheans were observing a lot of the protoraces but scuttled their facilities once the reapers came so they'd hopefully avoid notice.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Enemy is everywhere!

Lots of adventure and shooting on the big space station. We recruit a space bird, a space turtle, and a space Roma. Also the AI dialogue shits the bed. Saren loses his membership in the license to kill club and we get the opening. From here the game opens up to the possibilities of a whole galaxy, ie landing on a lot of empty planets.

Gonna run off to Noveria immediately to cheat our P/R score and I'll grab Liara first thing. Taking votes for our first party.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Enemy is everywhere!

Lots of adventure and shooting on the big space station. We recruit a space bird, a space turtle, and a space Roma. Also the AI dialogue shits the bed. Saren loses his membership in the license to kill club and we get the opening. From here the game opens up to the possibilities of a whole galaxy, ie landing on a lot of empty planets.

Gonna run off to Noveria immediately to cheat our P/R score and I'll grab Liara first thing. Taking votes for our first party.

Garrus and Tali.

Andou
Jun 12, 2014

RickVoid posted:

Garrus and Tali.

Agreed.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

... what if we left Liara for as late as possible :getin:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

BRO SQUAD

GARRUS AND WREX

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

hard counter posted:

I know this gets us funny extra dialogue, but being down a squadmate for nearly half the game limits our options for stupidity fun and also Shep's gotta get her perv on :liara:

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

hard counter posted:

I'm not sure if it's still accurate but I remember reading on an ME wiki that if you don't pick up Liara relatively quickly you miss out on the chance to properly romance her. The exact words, "If the missions on Feros, Noveria, and Virmire are completed before rescuing Liara, a romance between her and Shepard becomes impossible due to the hectic pacing of subsequent events preventing meaningful interactions with each other."

So something to consider, if true.

Edit: vv Good to know then! Also I vote for the bro squad as well, Garrus and Wrex. In fact just take Wrex everywhere.

Transmogrifier fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Dec 22, 2015

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

No, I've romanced her before after saving her for last. Doing side missions properly advances her dialog trees.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Wrex and whoever is most appropriate at the time for story purposes, for the rest of the game

If you're doing the whole series, you have to get your allotted Wrex time in. Everybody else will get their fair share (well, almost everybody :downs:)

Also, agreed on picking up Liara first, if only for the story implications. Someone can post a link to the bonus speech after she's recruited.

mauman fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Dec 22, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

MA-Horus posted:

BRO SQUAD

GARRUS AND WREX

How could you vote for anything else? The only time not to take Wrex is for one specific sidequest, and only because the payoff is so good in ME2. Otherwise, Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard.

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Dec 22, 2015

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Transmogrifier posted:

"If the missions on Feros, Noveria, and Virmire are completed before rescuing Liara, a romance between her and Shepard becomes impossible due to the hectic pacing of subsequent events preventing meaningful interactions with each other."

A whirlwind romance of numb delirium and fevered revelation sounds about right for akuze Shepard but I will defer to the greater good here.

We should bring Wrex out as much as possible though.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

MA-Horus posted:

BRO SQUAD

GARRUS AND WREX

Yes, this. For ever and ever.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Also if you've never tried it, playing as any flavor of biotic and bringing Wrex and Liara results in the fabric of space time being torn asunder like a fat lady's yoga pants :getin:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Unfortunately it also means you can only hack half the things in the game because Liara doesn't get Decryption.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Wrex and Tali

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015

jimmydalad posted:

Wrex and Tali

This

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Wrex and someone else.

Everyone loves Wrex.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Also if you've never tried it, playing as any flavor of biotic and bringing Wrex and Liara results in the fabric of space time being torn asunder like a fat lady's yoga pants :getin:

This is probably the best team in the first game. Biotic-class plus those two is really something else (back when Biotics were still :black101:, even on insanity).

Of course, Kaiden + Liara would be even more-so, but then you wouldn't have Wrex :saddowns:

Psion posted:

How could you vote for anything else? The only time not to take Wrex is for one specific sidequest, and only because the payoff is so good in ME2. Otherwise, Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard.

?? I can't remember this pay-off.

I must go refresh my memory.

mauman fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 23, 2015

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Enemy is everywhere!

Garrus has to be in every party.

Also, you're not doing a lot of the side quests, but are you doing the character specific ones, Wrex's family armor, Garrus & Doctor Love, Tali and the Geth data?

My Q-Face fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 23, 2015

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Team Dextro

(That's Garrus and Tali)

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Yeah go dextros (Tali and Garrus)

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Go all biotics. Wrex and Kaidan.

Wrex-n-Effect

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

My Q-Face posted:

Garrus has to be in every party.

Also, you're not doing a lot of the side quests, but are you doing the character specific ones, Wrex's family armor, Garrus & Doctor Love, Tali and the Geth data?
Yes since they have later payoffs.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Tali and Garrus

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Tali and Wrex
Tank, biotic, and tech all covered. Plus hacking is super useful

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
go solo

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Agreeing with the vote for Wrex and whoever else is appropriate. Garrus if all else fails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Tali and Garrus.

• Locked thread