Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Yeah I'm on board with Arivia.

No scouts though actually, huh.

Given this could be the last crisis, do I need to hit engine room, save the civvy, or possibly stop the basestar shooting? We could still get hosed over on fuel token/ftl being hit, and the civvy could have morale or 2 pop on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Engine Room vs civilian is a bit of a toss-up, actually.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Let's just get out of here. I vote Engine Room.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Actually, yeah, none of the civilians will actually kill us, so hit the Engine Room.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Some Numbers posted:

Actually, yeah, none of the civilians will actually kill us, so hit the Engine Room.
Just to check though, while none of the civilians will actually kill us, will civilian + crisis kill us?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Metos posted:

Just to check though, while none of the civilians will actually kill us, will civilian + crisis kill us?

No.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
##Move to engine room. Fire it up
Tac-0 Trust Instincts
Tac-4 Crit Sit
Eng-1 Repair.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Seelix fiddles with the engines to maximize their Christmas Cheer output!

DEFCON Check: 1d8=5!
DEFCON decreases by 1 to 7.

With all the changes in Presidency, there are some in the fleet who wonder about the sanctity of the office...

pre:
CRISIS: Suspicious Election Results 

Admiral Chooses: 
Give President title to character (aside from current President) highest in the line of succession (Tory)
OR 
Admiral discards 1 random Skill Card and draws 1 Treachery Card

POST CRISIS: Activate Raiders, NO JUMP PREP +1 Jump Prep
Action Queue:
==> Some Numbers (Admiral Helo): Crisis Decision

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Give it back to Tory. Make her feel special.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Arivia posted:

Give it back to Tory. Make her feel special.

##This

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The Presidential Ping-Pong continues!

Raiders Activate!
3 Raiders in ALPHA move to BRAVO.
2 Raiders in CHARLIE move to DELTA.
1 Raider in DELTA blows up CivA! The fleet loses 1 Population! (New Total: 2)
1 Raider in DELTA fires at Galactica! 1d8=5! MISS!
2 Raiders in FOXTROT fire at the Assault Raptor! 1d8=3,1! MISS!

The fleet gains 1 Jump Prep!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

##PrePol on Population.
##XO Boomer.

Hit FTL.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
pre:
TURN 6.1

==> Some Numbers (Admiral Karl "Helo" Agathon [7, 1N])
  * Toshimo (El Presidente Tory Foster [3, 1MC, 7QC, OPG])
  * Cocks Cable (Krampus-Bot [2])
  * Ariiviia (Anastasia "Dee" Dualla Sharon "Boomer" Valer [0])
  * Brony Hunter (The Robo-Grinch [10])
  * Metos (CAG Diana "Hardball" Seelix [2])

Fleet Status

Food       04/07      Regular Vipers   0 Active, 4 in Reserve, 1 Damaged, 0 Destroyed
Fuel       01/08      Viper Mark VIIIs 0 Active, 2 in Reserve, 1 Damaged, 0 Destroyed
Morale     02/09      Assault Raptors  2 Active, 0 in Reserve, 1 Destroyed, 1 Not In Play
Population 02/10      Regular Raptors  2 in Reserve, 2 Destroyed

Distance 8/8 (Snowball Fight, Snowball War, The North Pole)
DEFCON Level 7
Raiders Destroyed 0
Jump Prep Track [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[  Risk3]-[X Risk1]-[  Auto Jump]
Cylon Boarding [0]-[0]-[0]-[0]-[Humans Lose]

Civs Remaining (7)
2 Pop            x1
1 Pop            x3
1 Pop & 1 Morale x1
Empty            x2

Civs Destroyed (5)
2 Pop            x1
1 Pop            x3
1 Pop & 1 Fuel   x1

Galactica  (3/6 Damage)
FTL Control -- 
Weapons Control -- 
Command -- 
Communications -- 
Admiral’s Quarters - DAMAGED! -- 
Research Lab -- 
Hangar Deck - DAMAGED! -- 
Armory - DAMAGED! -- Arivia (Boomer)
Sickbay -- 
Brig -- 

Pegasus (1/4 Damage)
Pegasus CIC -- 
Airlock - DAMAGED! -- 
Main Batteries -- 
Engine Room -- Metos (Seelix)

Colonial One 
Quorum Chamber -- Toshimo (Tory)
Press Room -- 
President’s Office -- 
Administration -- 

Cylon Locations
Caprica -- Brony Hunter (Robo-Grinch)
Cylon Fleet -- 
Human Fleet -- 
Resurrection Ship -- 

Holiday Basestar
Hybrid Tank -- Some Numbers (Helo)
Datastream -- 
Raider Bay -- Cocks Cable (Krampus-Bot)

Off-Ship:
N/A

DRADIS

\      BRAVO   |   CHARLIE    /  
 \             |             /
  \            |            /
   \  Raiderx3 |           /
    \          | Heavyx1  /
     \         |         /
      \        |        /
       \       |       / 
        \      |      / 
         \     |     / 
          \    |    / 
           \   |   /         
A           \  |  /           D
L  Basestar1 \ | /            E
P             \|/             L
H             /|\ Raiderx4    T
A            / | \            A
            /  |  \  
           /   |   \ 
          /    |    \ 
         /     |     \ 
        /      |      \ 
       /       |       \ 
      /        |        \ 
     /         |         \ 
    / Raiderx2 |          \ 
   /           |           \ 
  / AssaultRap | AssaultRap \
 /             |             \
/    FOXTROT   |   ECHO       \

Basestar Damage:
Basestar1 (0/3) - N/A

Special Rules:
Raptor Crew Captured - Keep this card in play until the fleet jumps. When a Basestar is destroyed, -1 Morale and destroy 1 Raptor.
Action Queue:
==> Some Numbers (Admiral Helo): Move/Action

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
## Reveal Hidden Motive - Threepeat: Possess the same title on 3 different occasions.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
## Stratplan the FTL roll

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Helo plays POL-3 (Preventative Policy) just to make sure everyone comes along for this final jump!

Action Queue:
==> Arivia (Boomer): End the Game

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
WAIT BUT I'M IN THE BRIG I CAN'T HIT FTL

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
##move to FTL, hit FTL

gg, no re

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

##Drop microphone.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Boomer is ready to bring the fleet home for the holidays! 1d8+2=6+2=8! SAFE JUMP!

The fleet has made the final jump at 8 Distance, and Christmas is saved for one and all!

:ffg: HUMANS WIN! :ffg:

Podima fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Dec 29, 2015

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
U r bad at pikchures

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Podima posted:

Boomer is ready to bring the fleet home for the holidays! 1d8+2=6+2=8! SAFE JUMP!

The fleet has made the final jump at 8 Distance, and Christmas is saved for one and all!

:ffg: HUMANS WIN! :ffg:

HUMANS WIN A BLUE QUESTION MARK BEST PRESENT EVER

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Never playing with Toshimo again, btw.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Two things off the top of my head:

1) Toshimo, what the gently caress were you doing literally any time you had the Presidency? Taking even Food hits to save your five cards isn't really worth it, when we'll likely end up spending five+ cards to safeguard the same on an actual check.

2) Some Numbers, I buried this:

pre:
CRISIS: Abandon Galactica 

Admiral Chooses 
Discard 1 Nuke Token. If you do not have any Nuke Tokens, you cannot choose this option.
OR 
-1 Food and the Admiral draws 2 Treachery Cards.

POST CRISIS: Launch Nukes, +1 Jump Prep
I didn't want to risk Launch Nukes taking out the Fuel Token. It was an easy actual crisis, but I really didn't want to risk that activation.

As an aside, I think we got literally every crisis possible relating to Islanded in a Stream of Stars. Abandon Galactica, Galactica Falling Apart, all we were missing was Bill Adama sobs in the AQ while trying to paint it back to life.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks to everyone for playing, and thank you for tolerating my experiment this game - the Holiday Basestar. I love the Rebel Basestar and I think it's dumb that its usage is locked behind a bad mechanic that is not worth using (the missions).

For what it's worth, the Holiday Basestar had just as much potential to be useful for toasters as humans - Cylons always complain about bad SCCs, and the Holiday Basestar is a perfect opportunity to use them for something nasty. Out of the three human usages, two were useless (Arivia left the crises in the exact same order as they already were, and Metos just got some TAC-4s since the TAC-5 and TAC-6 were both nestled snugly in Cocks Cable's hand). Some Numbers' Punch The Hybrid was more useful for delaying Riots (the bad one with no Jump Prep, even) and giving foreknowledge of when to Engine Room. While the Rebel Basestar lets people trade in their OPG for versatility, the loss of some of those OPGs is also sometimes not worth it (for example, I think Seelix's OPG is way more useful than any of the Rebel Basestar spots) and I feel the advantage for the Cylons in giving THEM more versatility is a perfectly fine balance.

That being said, I'm glad Brony Hunter kept pushing on. Toasters were literally one lucky die roll away from hitting the -Fuel token and just winning, so continuing to hammer space and Galactica in hopes of a lucky shot or two was the right move.

The Presidential tug of war was a little weird :shrug: It was ridiculous that you guys got ALL the -Food Crises at the beginning like that, though.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Arivia posted:

HUMANS WIN A BLUE QUESTION MARK BEST PRESENT EVER

Weird, it shows up just fine for me. Oh well, fixed!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Arivia posted:

Two things off the top of my head:

1) Toshimo, what the gently caress were you doing literally any time you had the Presidency? Taking even Food hits to save your five cards isn't really worth it, when we'll likely end up spending five+ cards to safeguard the same on an actual check.

2) Some Numbers, I buried this:

pre:
CRISIS: Abandon Galactica 

Admiral Chooses 
Discard 1 Nuke Token. If you do not have any Nuke Tokens, you cannot choose this option.
OR 
-1 Food and the Admiral draws 2 Treachery Cards.

POST CRISIS: Launch Nukes, +1 Jump Prep
I didn't want to risk Launch Nukes taking out the Fuel Token. It was an easy actual crisis, but I really didn't want to risk that activation.

As an aside, I think we got literally every crisis possible relating to Islanded in a Stream of Stars. Abandon Galactica, Galactica Falling Apart, all we were missing was Bill Adama sobs in the AQ while trying to paint it back to life.

Okay, I can understand that. I put it there because it had Jump Prep and the choice was irrelevant.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also, neither of the Decoy Civilians were deployed a single time during this entire game. Wacky!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Yeah, it was funny to not change the Crisis order at all. Like I thought it through and went "no wait, these are literally the safest ones with guaranteed jump prep up front, I have no reason to change this at all." The only exception was me forgetting Toshimo being allergic to taking 2nd choices as President, and Metos fixed that. Could have been a little gory otherwise.

Also getting executed sucks. I had all my good cards saved for emergencies, gone just like that.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Podima posted:

Also, neither of the Decoy Civilians were deployed a single time during this entire game. Wacky!

Uhhh?

Podima posted:

Civilian A – Decoy
Civilian B - Pop/Morale
Civilian C - 1 Pop
Civilian D - 1 Pop
Civilian E - Pop/Fuel

From my use of Communications.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Sorry, Cocks. I was rooting for you.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

i am bad remember things. They were only deployed when in absolutely no danger whatsoever, then!

Arivia posted:

Yeah, it was funny to not change the Crisis order at all. Like I thought it through and went "no wait, these are literally the safest ones with guaranteed jump prep up front, I have no reason to change this at all." The only exception was me forgetting Toshimo being allergic to taking 2nd choices as President, and Metos fixed that. Could have been a little gory otherwise.

Also getting executed sucks. I had all my good cards saved for emergencies, gone just like that.

Yeah, you losing your hand was when I started to sweat a bit. Slowly but surely, humanity was definitely getting ground down at the end - it was not a Cruise Ship Galactica finish.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I don't think I've seen a PrevPol get played in a long rear end time, let alone two in the same game.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Thanks for running it Podima!

I think humans made all the right choices except for literally every single choice Toshimo made. We got screwed by luck quite a few times like that double rolling 2 to lose a fuel which made the entire last 3 days about managing that, but the 3-3-2 jump cycle made it for us.

FWIW I would have definitely played Cocks' SCC, the execution on jumping if in FTL or engine room would have been a most likely guaranteed extra turn if anything else that hit morale came up as someone was on engine room - plus more basestars for Brony to fire at Galactica with and more civs to blow up.

He also could've XO'd Toshimo instead of revealing and we would've arrested Helo for sure since we knew it was one of the two and surely the toaster wouldn't stay there and XO, he'd reveal! And maybe cop an XO to break out with and make the humans spend their cards to break him out, and then gently caress us over. Who knows though!

I expected Brony to immediately go over and hit the hybrid tank after Dee did it to gently caress over the ordering, and as he'd said his SCC wasn't going to help. Even just loving with the order and scaring the humans into scouting just to find it was one of the good ones on top and they wasted their turn seemed like a good idea, surprised they didn't utilise it.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Metos posted:

He also could've XO'd Toshimo instead of revealing and we would've arrested Helo for sure since we knew it was one of the two and surely the toaster wouldn't stay there and XO, he'd reveal! And maybe cop an XO to break out with and make the humans spend their cards to break him out, and then gently caress us over. Who knows though!

Cocks made the right call on that one, cause I'd have executed him on the spot.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Toshimo posted:

Cocks made the right call on that one, cause I'd have executed him on the spot.

Airlock was damaged at Sleeper, and Execute Prisoner was never drawn.

Metos posted:

FWIW I would have definitely played Cocks' SCC, the execution on jumping if in FTL or engine room would have been a most likely guaranteed extra turn if anything else that hit morale came up as someone was on engine room - plus more basestars for Brony to fire at Galactica with and more civs to blow up.

Cocks' SCC was also a two-basestar attack, which would have increased the number of shots at the Fuel token. :shrug: I will admit I got a bit annoyed at the defeatism, but being physically detached from the game due to holiday travel may have contributed to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Podima posted:

Cocks' SCC was also a two-basestar attack, which would have increased the number of shots at the Fuel token. :shrug: I will admit I got a bit annoyed at the defeatism, but being physically detached from the game due to holiday travel may have contributed to that.

I think this is a clear division on how we all (correctly or incorrectly) value different things in the game. I was 100% in agreement with Cocks that the Rebel Basestar took a 50/50 chance from the Cylons and gave it almost 100% to the Humans. I don't begrudge him his response in the slightest.

• Locked thread