Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
This is probably a terrible idea leading into the christmas period but gently caress it, ##all through the airlock not a creature was stirring if you'll have me in my upside-down timezone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Oh hello friends.

Since I'm last pick I'm going to make my choices a bit weird as it'll depend on what everyone else has got. I usually always play military so I'm going for a bit of a change.

1. If we don't have enough engineering, Seelix. Bit concerned at lack of XO's, but static should save the day every now and then with defcon. 2tac 1 eng
2. If politics isn't taken, a literally random politics character. No preference, I just never play politics so most are refreshing to me. One of each colour if that character draws tac/eng too, otherwise 2 leadership 1 pol if they're just 2 colour.
3. Hoshi. Tac, leadership, engineering.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Heading to bed in a couple hours, if Toshimo doesn't pick politics then choose Roslin since everyone else is super into picking her for some reason, if he does pick politics, seelix seems good with Dee and hoshi being our other eng draws.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Cool, sleep time for reals for me, so to hopefully speed this up:

# # if the crisis doesn't match my colours since I don't have green/yellow/red then preload play zero in every case that isn't 'I'm a cylon and it's legendary discovery'

Metos fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Dec 12, 2015

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
# # confirm loyalty

It sounds like we're all waiting for SN to chime in and can all add a little more. Since I'm last to draw again I'm going to take the early pass on this one so I can actually stay relevant for the next 5 turns and ask someone closer to drawing be the one to play in. Also would help if someone volunteered they have a declare emergency in case someone's math goes wrong.

# # play 0

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Bloody hell, someone please declare an emergency.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
That was a really worrying play all around - quick thinking with no destiny and only 3 cards in? Scout for fuel being played in? Bleh.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
In other news, I wonder who's idea it was that Seelix should start in the Armoury. It's been a while, but from memory her character was a knuckle dragger (hanger deck) who wanted to become a pilot (hanger deck), who also threw people out of the viper launch tubes for fun (hanger deck).

Not a huge thing but it does make her a lot less useful to XO in turn one since she could actually launch and have 2 actions if she started on hanger deck and we needed more birds in the air.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Yeah I figured Boomer was there since there's that episode where she sleep-cylons (and now I've just remembered that was a thing and they never explored it with any of the other cylons did they?) and gets those g4 explosives from the Armoury, at least has some flavour. I guess we see Anders with guns on Caprica, don't remember if he uses them after that since he becomes a pilot?

I suppose it's also making an early Hanger Accident crisis less crippling and Missing G4 Explosives a bit more relevant since no one is ever in the Armoury too.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Podima posted:

How quickly you forget our ill-fated CL game...
Ah yes, I did spend half the game in there but to be fair I was trying to make you die to them, except BL had the exact opposite motive and the right character ability to completely gently caress me over there. If I'd managed to hit one more motive it would have just been glorious rather than ill-fated.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Podima posted:

Basestars Launch Nukes! 1d8=5! 7! TWO HITS!
Command damaged!
Armory damaged! Seelix is sent to Sickbay!
Son of a...

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Probably Admiral.

Tory's not really clear in my books as Dogsville is a card you want to play when its actually clear which resource you're in trouble for - I've only played with Defcon once but my games tend to be if Cylons win then its 70%ish due to Morale and hardly ever to population so I'm not ok with it being played. But the Admiral has the real power to kill us, if Tory starts loving around we can change president easier than changing admiral.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Destiny should be ok, 3 colours are positive. If you wanted I can remove destiny, but also I could just play that card in. I'm in sickbay so unless Hoshi wants to help me out before my turn I'm not going to have much more for a while though.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Alright I'll take that for the subtext there. But I'll wait for SN to chime in that he has it under control before I pass, because I can also contribute high into this check if needed.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Arivia posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by subtext, but if we can cleanly clear Helo (by having no one else contribute so no one can spike the check), then we're well ahead of things. I agree that holding off is good, but I'd be suspicious of anyone who contributes if Some Numbers says he's got the rest covered.
Bolded bit is what I meant by subtext. Actually exactly what I was doing in the first check by passing early as I suspected there'd be some douchebaggery in that one since the pass was good, and I wanted to remove myself from the potential suspicion

##Pass

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
You're the only shot to get me out of sickbay to draw some repairs for our damaged armoury and command, Hoshi.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Arivia posted:

The problem with that is you're next up, and you never XO someone the turn before theirs. I can help out with repairs if need be, but I'd be inclined to just press Engine Room and get out before centurions land.
Completely agreed, but of course I know I'm not a beepboop. Weighing up if you think someone's going to reveal on turn one vs the potential gain of me actually having cards, remembering my static ability requires engineering cards and can save the day.

I'd also hit FTL rather than engine room, if we hit engine room we still run the risk of being boarded this turn with a broken armoury, and I have no repairs in hand to fix it on my turn if I stay in the sickbay.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Huh, didn't see that coming. Glad he didn't have a crit sit for his OPG, that would've been pretty devastating.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Arivia posted:

Well that was very very early. Let's hope we don't get any heavy activations, and still have you hit FTL Seelix?
Can't, he's reducing jump prep by 2

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Oh right no crisis

##Choose Eng for my 1 draw

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Cocks Cable posted:

Kind of a low energy reveal
Yeah I probably would've hit the OPG anyway and done something crazy like steal presidency and hope for an arrest orders, or move the civvies twice into the raiders since they're more likely to activate and have a brig check followed by an airlock check to drain everyone's cards.

But I get the hope for slowing us down and getting us boarded with no armoury, probably won't work since there's not another cylon already up there to hit the cylon fleet, but we'll see

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Bad news friends, no Christmas miracle repair, and Seelix doesn't draw XO's.

Open to options, but as I see since Command is damaged too it's probably going to either be getting onto weapons control and shooting a heavy raider once, getting into a mkVII and shooting a heavy raider once but being in space, or staying up all night trying to find out what the real meaning of Christmas is in the research lab for some more ENG

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Yeah cool beans.

##Weapons control!

Brony Hunter posted:

Research Lab sounds like a good use of your time
Just you wait till my static saves the day because of having engineering :ffg:

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
If we only have one person with strat plan, save it for the FTL.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Support the people would get 4 of us some cards if anyone has it. Toshimo?

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Some Numbers posted:

FRAAAAAAAAAAAK.
Ah balls, I didn't even look for that part. At least it's regular raiders.

Hoshi couldn't possibly actually have treachery to put me into sickbay, right? I don't think we've drawn any.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
No wait I am dumb and reading this on the phone where crisis text doesn't wrap while I'm making lunch. I get it.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
If Toshimo doesn't have support the people I'd like to play a reckless. People have already put in though, what's the go on that?

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Sure, that's why I asked for support the people right away since there can only be one reckless though.

## play Jury Rigged, reducing difficulty by 4.

##Play 2, medium

And I'm pretty much tapped out guys. Enjoy the rest of the crises until my turn!

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
I'd ordinarily go for 1ENG 1TAC to hope for the holy grail of repair and strat plan, but I'll hope you guys have that covered. ##2 ENG

After that display of christmas cheer I think Tory's a pretty jolly fellow, and since President is likely to get XO's in the future when its not immediately her turn next, ##I got Tory a really neat Christmas card

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
I can hit weapons control twice including with your reroll if we didn't want to XO forward.

Also have a repair now.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Some Numbers posted:

Why Weapons Control once when I can Main Batteries or CIC myself?
Uh, because its heavy raiders we're concerned about? Not normals?

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this turn a 'Lets kill the heavy raiders since we can't jump before we have more problems' turn? Not a 'repair armoury since they're not on board yet' turn.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Toshimo posted:

Why not both?
Because spending an Authorisation of Brutal Force when we could potentially get normal raiders+jumpprep/normal raiders+jumpprep and be completely fine so can save it for an actual emergency is silly.

Kill em first with non-expendable things and jump, if they get on board then its worth ABFing them.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
We are.

There's two heavies at the launch tubes already, if we get a heavies activation this turn not only are we boarded twice but also two more heavies arrive at the other launch tubes. We have a revealed Grinch who can hit the cylon fleet and activate heavies. We want to make sure we don't get boarded at all or if we do its only one and then that can be ABF'd for free, not spend one of our 2 limited ABFs to get it down to only one heavy at our tubes just to get boarded and sit on the armoury and then start playing how much do dice hate us while the centurions march on and we don't have the backup option of jumping away anymore.

Regular raiders have 2 more activations before we give a poo poo, and our civvies are protected by birds in the air, and I can save them with my static.

Weapons control twice + your dice reroll should take out one heavy, and we're in a much happier position and hopefully get jump prep and fly away from the other poo poo.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Ugggh I didn't leave a preload to increase viper attack rolls to kill the heavy raider because holy poo poo I forgot helos a pilot, let alone had a maximum firepower.

Since no other actions have been done yet Podima, ruling on increase the 5 to a kill using a card? I'd accept too bad so sad since a crisis resolved fully.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Thanks Pal!

##play eng 3 - scientific research to increase the 5 to an 8

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Oh and Helo you were thinking of Scar that needs a 7 or an 8 roll to kill him which can be from main batteries, weapons control was still the right option for heavies there with the information we had, your way was just better. I do miss exodus nuke rules and going for an 8 to blow up everything though.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
I'd ordinarily say go for the basestars, but repairing command puts us in a pretty good position for 4shots off an XO if raiders move up to your space this turn and is cheaper card-wise than a maximum? There is 7 of them and I don't have enough eng to make a real difference anymore after using that scientific research

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Alright I'm gonna make Podimas wild dreams come true and get out in space myself so we can unlock the 3 pilots in space achievement.

## move to command, eng-1 repair

• Locked thread