Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
IMDB has these parental guides that are really useful resources for discerning guardians. The aim of these guides is for community members to describe the facts of disturbing scenes so parents can decide whether to subject their kids to The Avengers or something. They're found in the quick links on most popular movie pages.

Often, these guides are written in such a way that you can't tell what movie they're from. For instance:

quote:

Frightening/Intense Scenes

10/10

There are intense car chases and a few characters die sudden and emotional deaths. There is a scene where a cesarean section is implied on a dead character that may be disturbing to some.

A man's jaw is ripped off, which can be disturbing to some viewers

The film features numerous intense, edgy car chases that host scarred, disfigured, and unnatural individuals. The dark, twisted themes of survival, preservation, and violence are lightened by the presence of slight comic relief and over-the-top action. The movie is half action and half thriller, most of the villains look disfigured and therefore creepy.

33/50

A little bit more info:

quote:

A women is run over and her body is briefly seen under the wheel

A person is shot in the head no squirt though bloody hole is scene on his head. brief

A person is shot and a blood spays on window. Brief

A boy is shot no blood

A boy gets an grappling hook flown back on his head and blood squirts and chunks of brain fly on the camera. Sort of Brief.

A boy is shot in the face blood squirts out. brief.

A boy is hit with a tool and you see a tooth fly out

A women gets chainsawed in the neck and blood squirts out. Kinda brief.

A person gets shot with an exploding arrow and you see him fly back and you see his ribs and insides. brief.

So, guess the movie based on the parental guide, go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you are a real creepy dude

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Serious Frolicking posted:

you are a real creepy dude

You have probably seen this movie.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
harry potter

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Is it the new mad max film? I haven't seen it, but just a guess.

HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer
Minions movie.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

ya it's fury road, right?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Night of the Walking Dead?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Is it the new mad max film? I haven't seen it, but just a guess.

Yes!

Have another:

quote:

Sex & Nudity
2/10

As a toddler, a child runs around the house naked after a bath. We see her butt for a moment.

A child has a dream where she forgot to wear pants to school. From her perspective, we briefly only see her bare legs as she quickly covers herself up.

In a child's mind, she has a machine that makes imaginary boyfriends.

Two women daydream about a helicopter pilot inviting them to a ride on separate occasions.

A mild reference to puberty.

A boy's emotions are briefly seen freaking out due to meeting a girl; this scene is largely comical.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
good idea, but i am way too drunk to play this game

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Joe Bob Briggs really went downhill

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Deep down you love Americans and pine for their affection while deep down Americans despise you and have no respect for your mediocre asses.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

wide stance posted:

Deep down you love Americans and pine for their affection while deep down Americans despise you and have no respect for your mediocre asses.

I do. Buy everyone I know is an American

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
My cousins husband is a Canadian, but we all make fun of him.

He is a real nice guy

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I do. Buy everyone I know is an American
where are you from, forums poster mumpy puffins??

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

a hole-y ghost posted:

where are you from, forums poster mumpy puffins??

The place where America was born.
Philadelphia!

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

tuyop posted:

Sex & Nudity
2/10

As a toddler, a child runs around the house naked after a bath. We see her butt for a moment.

A child has a dream where she forgot to wear pants to school. From her perspective, we briefly only see her bare legs as she quickly covers herself up.

In a child's mind, she has a machine that makes imaginary boyfriends.

Two women daydream about a helicopter pilot inviting them to a ride on separate occasions.

A mild reference to puberty.

A boy's emotions are briefly seen freaking out due to meeting a girl; this scene is largely comical.
Have another:

Inside Out

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
these things always trip me out

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Yup!

An easy one:

quote:

Sex & Nudity
No nudity, a few sex inferences & dialog.

A teen boy and a teen girl supposedly have sex in the back of his pick-up truck, non explicit and fully covered.

In a bedroom, we see a woman fully covered by a long nightgown with some blood on the sheets between her legs, she pulls up her nightgown (exposing nothing sexual) where we see a bloody baby's head.

A teen girl confronts another teen girl about a prom and says, "You already booked a hotel room; have you practiced the noises you're gonna make?" as the other girl walks away.

A girl has her period for the first time, but her mother never told her what it was so she screams out for help thinking she's dying. A crowd of girls throw pads and tampons at her chanting "Plug it up!”

Hint:

It's a remake

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Carrie

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
Those were both way too easy.

quote:

Sex & Nudity
_____ is shown nude very briefly, but only his chest, back, and his butt are shown.

_______'s character is also shown nude and you can see his butt very briefly as he crouches down.

A man walks into a bar nude (no nudity shown). A couple of ladies look him up and down.

_______ changes into a woman with her shirt undone, very briefly revealing some breast (no nipple), for around a second.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Terminator 2

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Terminator 2

E: damnit proof!

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
Yup, guess that was too easy as well

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Profanity

The plant has an urban dialect and uses profanity in dialogue and in song.

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
Little shop of horrors

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOtMizMQ6oM

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Yeah. Too easy I guess.

Another one you have definitely seen:

quote:

Sex & Nudity

5/10

A nude drawing of a girl is seen in several brief shots. Her breasts can be seen briefly.

Nude drawings of several women can be seen. Illustrated breasts, genitals and pubic hair can be seen. These drawings are seen for about a minute.

A 19 year old woman asks a young man to draw her nude. She then drops her robe revealing part her breasts and her bare buttocks. As she lies down on a couch, her breasts can be seen; the nipple of one is obscured. Nudity can be seen for about 20 seconds. Nudity can be seen on the drawing in many shots as well.

A 19 year old woman and a young man have sex in an old car on the ship. Her hand presses against the window, implying that they're in the process of intercourse, but nothing is shown. They are shown afterwords naked, but only from their upper bodies.

Some more info:

quote:

Some moments with violence:

A woman slaps a man and his nose bleeds.

A man shoots at a woman but she never gets shot.

A man slaps a woman on the face.

One hand gesture, A woman flips of a man through the window of an elevator.

Lots of name calling.

Some cussing:

4 uses of poo poo

At least 1 dammit.

1 hell

There is a montage that shows many passengers accepting the fact that they aren't going to get off the ship. This includes a mother tucking her children into bed and reading them a bedtime story as they wait to drown. Very sad and depressing.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Titanic

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Some intense scenes involving witch craft, execution, fires, child abduction, the afterlife, and a scene where the cat is killed (but comes back to life).

A Halloween party for adults is shown. Many of the characters are drunk. They are seen literally stumbling out of the place at dawn, giggling and slurring their words.

A teenage boy asks another teenage boy, Max, for a "butt", obviously referring to cigarettes. Max says he doesn't smoke and gets made fun of for it.

6 uses of "drat", 4 uses of "hell", 6 uses of "God", plus 9 uses of "virgin" and 2 uses of "yabos" (used during a discussion of a teen girl's breasts).

Several insults including "trollop", "broad", "wench", "oinker", "moron" and "jerk-face".

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOtMizMQ6oM

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

quote:

Violence & Gore

8/10

Multiple instances of penis castration during sex. Dismembered penis and wound site are shown.

One scene of a man's fingers being chomped off.

A dog attacks a man.

A dog eats a young man's dismembered penis

A young man punches another young man in the face.

Two instances of rape [see sex and nudity].

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DD7VIKZnGA

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Teeth?

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Yup!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nice. disembodied penis really gave it away though.

i suppose it's my turn

quote:

This movie has an astounding amount of profanity for a PG-rated film (of course, remember that the standards for a PG film were different in the '80s).

One scene is an extended gag, where many of the ______ on ______ share the surname "______" and it is repeated 10 or more times throughout the sequence.

One use of the word "gently caress" in a non-sexual context.

Instances of "poo poo," "drat," "bullshit" and other profanities pepper the film.

Some minor name calling.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

symbolic posted:

i suppose it's my turn

the live action Super Mario Bros movie?

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

symbolic posted:

i suppose it's my turn

pg with "gently caress" = spaceballs.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

proof of concept posted:

the live action Super Mario Bros movie?

well it's not that and I can't even find the scene I thought for the shared name thing on youtube so whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

owl milk posted:

pg with "gently caress" = spaceballs.
yepperdoodles

• Locked thread