Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Our base on 66 got raided again. I quit. gently caress this gay island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Laserface posted:

Our base on 66 got raided again. I quit. gently caress this gay island.

Come to 65. We're really short of manpower for some reason. At this point we have an end-level base, but are in skeleton-crew "maintain" mode. For those who have been staying away because of how hard it is to get in, it only takes me about 5 minutes of trying each time now.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 24, 2016

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Mail (Cum-biscuit) and I had a successful pirate adventure. We set sail for the south east with tranquilizers and a cage on his boat. We made it all the way to east edge of the island and didn't find anyone worth taking. On our way back we spotted two non-tribe low level males. We decided to make our approach.

Under the cover of the night we came ashore and followed them off the beach. At the brush we were spotted, and our would be sex prisoners guests fled to the woods. We found them laying prone in the bushes, I was able to tranq my target, while Mail pursued his. He was eventually forced to kill his.

I finished looting (took his axe) and was dragging him to our boat when he awoke and ran for the hills. I yelled to Mail to help me chase my new friend, as I had lost visual contact. Shortly after Mail cracked up over the mic to say the dude ran right into a T-Rex and was devoured.

Things we learned:

Bring more hatchets or grenades to take down walls of low-level un-tribed players.

Bring lots of Narcoberries for our dinner guests

We need three people, not two, because some one needs to play the war drums on top of the boat as we go ashore to hunt.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Beastie posted:

We need three people, not two, because some one needs to play the war drums on top of the boat as we go ashore to hunt.

I really think the lack of war-drumming is what caused all of our problems. Don't worry, the gimp cage won't stay empty long on the SS Cosby's Sweet Dreams Express, we'll get one next time.

And not forced! I just didn't realize tranq-arrows would kill someone. Definitely need to bring narcotics the next time.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm on server 48 and me and my buddies have had to rebuild 6 different times since we started play the past week or so in different areas of the island.

I finally found the sweet spot. Stayed up till 10am getting a decent stone house going by myself.

Woke up today to it being destroyed.

I quit.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
Try the rafting life. You can bump a supply raft against the edge of the map and any boxes out of bounds appear to be invulnerable.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Decided to check out NA-65 just now, 65 of 70 players. Servers seem to be getting better.

**edit - refilled the fertilizer bins, and the feeding troughs. I fertilized the plants I could get to, but wasn't able to get on top of the gates to check those out.

The Quetzal was almost starving so I dropped the last of our red meat in it. We need to go hunting.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 28, 2016

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Come to 65. We're really short of manpower for some reason. At this point we have an end-level base, but are in skeleton-crew "maintain" mode. For those who have been staying away because of how hard it is to get in, it only takes me about 5 minutes of trying each time now.
it's a real shame cykko kept attacking me in party chat with his donald trump politics, I've got all the auto turrets and a fuckton of dinos and no angry veterans berating me for not doing anything, nowadays on my new server.

My clan gives a fabricator and a house when you join, and we've almost mastered tricks to raid - like renaming all your dinos "Tyrannasaurus Rex" before you break open a base aqnd trang all the defensive dinos to sleep so it doesn't show up on log.. Or literally having an admin rename your clan to another name, then killing a tribe and then renaming yourselves back... Basically the best troll rule you can make is "never EVER speak in world chat," because if nobody knows your clan and name, you can get away with ANYTHING and then blame the tribe next door to them...

Today I literally got a whole tribe to hide near my base on their dinos because they kept getting raided, then i got them to unclaim all their tames AND THEN they all "ironically" walked into a wooden cage. Then they asked me to make the PIN 1111 and I said "LOL" and claimed all their dinos and then sailed off on my boat and left them on a 50 foot islet just outside of herbi island. I promised to not rename one dude's wolf from "watermelondra" so I kinda immediately had it die to a level 70 t rex, sorry about the ironic racism, bro.. (The tribe's name was "the chocolate people" and they constantly bragged about their "slave boat" so I figured it was apropos.)

TL:dr: you can get away with some NEFARIOUS poo poo if you know how to take advantage, and then you can use that to start a war between two neighboring tribes after you stole 6000+ resources form their base (always tranq defense dinos, never kill during raids!)

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jan 28, 2016

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
So is someone actually using the fertilizer in the fertilizer cabinet, or do we keep getting raided for it?

I keep trying to stockpile fertilizer so I can feed our sentry plants and its always gone when I get back. It wouldn't be the hardest raid, they could be dropped off, take all from inventory and jump to their deaths below where a buddy could loot their corpse.

Also, cool ballista on the Para. I brought the Para back to base though, our neighborhood is getting kind of crowded.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

About why there are fewer players on, at least for my part it's because a lot of the appeal for games like this for me is the initial phases when you don't have anything set up at all and are just scraping by. Since I came in to the server after a large, well-fortified base had been set up and a bunch of late game dinos had been tamed, it didn't feel like there was a goal to work towards. I still check in a couple times a week for a few minutes but after the initial 'DINOS ARE AWESOME' glow wore off, I've found it hard to really get into the game. The servers are almost certainly going to be wiped at some point before or concurrent with the full release and that will likely be the point where I go super deep into this game.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

So is someone actually using the fertilizer in the fertilizer cabinet, or do we keep getting raided for it?

I keep trying to stockpile fertilizer so I can feed our sentry plants and its always gone when I get back. It wouldn't be the hardest raid, they could be dropped off, take all from inventory and jump to their deaths below where a buddy could loot their corpse.

Also, cool ballista on the Para. I brought the Para back to base though, our neighborhood is getting kind of crowded.
You need exactly 50 thatch per 3 medium turds, so you can load one up with force-fed-phiomia turds and then leave 100 thatch and forget about it for a couple hours. Someone in your tribe is probably taking it to put plant X on their boat or their tiny hidden house or something though if your base turrets and plots aren't getting fed well enough.

It's not tough to get 30+ fertilizer a night if one or two people check them boxes and you've got 6+ boxes laying around.. Don't even bother with small turds, though. Phiomia's are poop machine you can make 40 turds in about 3 minutes flat.

Also it looks like the gamepedia page got bought up by IGN or some poo poo, so you can't access your bookmarked pages (assuming if you sign up and log in it will probably work still). Enjoy not knowing how many kibble or tranqs you need any more. :downsrim:

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

coyo7e posted:

You need exactly 50 thatch per 3 medium turds... ...Don't even bother with small turds, though.

The size of the feces doesn't matter whatsoever. Phiomias are great turd farms, so medium feces are probably the easiest because of that, but small and even human poops are just as effective, if you have no shitpig to exploit.

coyo7e posted:

Also it looks like the gamepedia page got bought up by IGN or some poo poo, so you can't access your bookmarked pages (assuming if you sign up and log in it will probably work still). Enjoy not knowing how many kibble or tranqs you need any more. :downsrim:

No clue what you mean. The gamepedia is up and running from my end. IGN has their own terrible wiki with no information on it, because their database generates one for every game, but the two are completely unrelated. Curse owns gamepedia, for the record, and I don't think IGN owns curse (though I guess I wouldn't know anyway because nobody cares about Curse).

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Funkmaster General posted:

The size of the feces doesn't matter whatsoever. Phiomias are great turd farms, so medium feces are probably the easiest because of that, but small and even human poops are just as effective, if you have no shitpig to exploit.

Do you have Admin/can you give it to either monkey or me if so? I asked Cykko for it but pretty sure he's not coming back.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Size only matters for fertilizer if you're using dung beetles

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Do you have Admin/can you give it to either monkey or me if so? I asked Cykko for it but pretty sure he's not coming back.

I'll hop on sometime later tonight and sort something out.

If nothing else, some of the admin-locked rooms don't need to be. Specifically, our entire crafting room got admin locked at some point for some reason I can't remember.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
It's mostly tribal management and the ability to add to the tribe that is needed. Most of the plants on the walls have died because it's so hard to get up there when you're playing alone. I managed to save a few of them but its a full time job gathering compost. The ability to add some new blood is mainly what's needed.

I know we're cautious about that, but it's either that risk or we risk getting raided by our many new neighbors as our base continues to decay.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

It's mostly tribal management and the ability to add to the tribe that is needed. Most of the plants on the walls have died because it's so hard to get up there when you're playing alone. I managed to save a few of them but its a full time job gathering compost. The ability to add some new blood is mainly what's needed.

I know we're cautious about that, but it's either that risk or we risk getting raided by our many new neighbors as our base continues to decay.

Woah, my bad. Totally forgot to do this. My first priority after work, guys.

e: Reports of being much easier to get into the server are greatly exaggerated. Will try again after dinner.

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 7, 2016

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Welp our main gates are blown open, all our dinos are dead, all the plant turrets are gone, all the beds are destroyed, all the inside doors are gone, and all our storage is empty.

It was TWD.

Even though I haven't been on for over a week this is still lovely to see. Made Monkey an admin, but...

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Funkmaster General posted:

Welp our main gates are blown open, all our dinos are dead, all the plant turrets are gone, all the beds are destroyed, all the inside doors are gone, and all our storage is empty.

It was TWD.

Even though I haven't been on for over a week this is still lovely to see. Made Monkey an admin, but...

Not surprised. Even if I had kept the plants up we wouldn't have had the manpower to defend. Oh well.

This game is fun but the persistent state stuff, I don't think I have time in my life for it.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

gently caress. What's the plan? Does this make an opportune moment to go to a new server?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Well I'd be down with that but there are dudes who were really high level and I dunno if they'd want to start over.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
I already restarted on eu 14. Got a dodi and a respectable stone base on a cliff edge by north 1 spawn, with the bare rear end start of plant turrets when I left. It may all be gone by tomorrow, such is life. Eu 14 is notably less organized and more foolhardy. I recommend and newcomers join as regular Joes. Once I get a goon group in, I plan to drop to and from the tribe so we can all go on hunting expeditions. To that end, don't make your character stand out.

Base building now is tending towards compartmentalization so the first rear end in a top hat with grenades doesnt get EVERYTHING.

We could really use some brighter hands plowing the fields over here. We being myself and my sanity. Pubbies....

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I really have no interest in a game where all your hard work is so easily destroyed. Unfortunately it's the same in PVE.

Boydi!
Jul 19, 2005
I have no idea what to write here!
Sorry to raise from the dead, but are any goons still active in this game? I just started playing and would like to play with some goons. GT: TheyCallMeAaron

Yamacruiser
Sep 28, 2011

I am the one who knocks!
I'm running a player dedicated server if anyone still plays this on Xbox and is interested.

Center map
Pvp with offline raid protection
3x for most rates

Message awayanteater834 to join or for more info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Alright, so, I gave up on this game shortly after some major drama (and after having pretty much experienced everything the game has to offer), but an expansion just dropped. The new content from that, plus the stuff I've missed out on since quitting, is tempting me to start again.

Is anyone who's still playing the Boner version buying Scorched Earth? Because I don't really want to play it alone or with pubbies, and it seems like most of the internet is just upset about paid DLC because that's what the internet likes to do. If any 'ol boner goons are checking this out I will jump in with them.

• Locked thread