Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

https://serialpodcast.org/

Ohhh hells yes it's finally time for a new season of Serial! For those who don't know, Serial is a hit podcast (think online radio show) created by Sarah Koenig. The original season, cited as "an audio game-changer" in the Peabody awards, explored the 1999 murder of Hae Min Lee in Baltimore, Maryland. The story of Hae Min and Adnan Syed took the world by storm and the series has been downloaded over 68 million times.

The new season focuses on Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, a soldier who was captured and held by the Taliban for five years, and the first ep just dropped. Subscribe and listen here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/serial/id917918570?mt=2

I can't wait to see how this story goes! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

some people say count chocula is the best but personally i like frankenberry

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
that first dude def did it

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

So did he kill her or not'???

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Isn't this show about an unsolved murder?

Did they solve the murder?

Why the gently caress is Bergdahl a...didn't he come back alive?

loving NPR has gotten so loving gay. Like literally, today they were talking about how gay Syrians have it super tough in the refugee camps and how they have to become whores to survive.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Wow I can't wait to once again hear the incredible minutiae of a boring story that goes nowhere

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Hell Yeah posted:

Picked up a box of Frank recently and was not impressed. Very bland, almost no flavor for the cereal pieces. I wonder if theyve changed the formula in the previous many of years in response to GMOs and Glutens and Big Cereal

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I wish. It's actually about stories that are a good fit for This American Life but have such need for details that they can't cover it in one episode.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Is this actually good? Everyone jizzed their pants over welcome to nightvale which is not clever or interesting at all.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Did they solve the murder?

Why the gently caress is Bergdahl a...didn't he come back alive?

loving NPR has gotten so loving gay. Like literally, today they were talking about how gay Syrians have it super tough in the refugee camps and how they have to become whores to survive.

drat, im going to have to visit a syrian refugee camp

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
baba booey baba booey howards sterns penis

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
How could Adnan have possibly called her if he wasn't busy disposing of a body?

I mean seriously, they start out with how unreliable memories of 15 years ago are, then they take Nisha's memory like it was a timestamped CCTV feed as if there's no way she could've confused whether something like someone she didn't know getting a job was before or after a landmark event when they were within a month of each other. I can't do that for most things that happened 2 or 3 years ago.

#JayKilledAdnan

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

At first I didn't think he did, but then one time I was quite crunk and I came to the realization that he did.

edit: I also would have preferred another case more like the first one for the second season. I will listen because I need podcasts to survive the day, but I'm not all that hopeful.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

OctoberBlues posted:

At first I didn't think he did, but then one time I was quite crunk and I came to the realization that he did.

Same but I was getting turnt when I realized.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Do they even come out with new cereals anymore? It seems like there's only so many variations of sugar flavored carbs you'd be able to go through.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Is it about that guy who ran away and got captured by goat herders?

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Lmao can u imagine Sara Koenig bitch rear end running up in your house asking a bunch of questions that u already been asked for the last 10 years but now it's "the internet" that wants to kno

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

roymorrison posted:

Lmao can u imagine Sara Koenig bitch rear end running up in your house asking a bunch of questions that u already been asked for the last 10 years but now it's "the internet" that wants to kno

fuckin white people

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Hell Yeah posted:

Booberry was my fav but it always made my poop green. Do they still make booberry?

E:

Holy poo poo they do.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Squeezy Farm posted:

https://serialpodcast.org/

Ohhh hells yes it's finally time for a new season of Serial! For those who don't know, Serial is a hit podcast (think online radio show) created by Sarah Koenig. The original season, cited as "an audio game-changer" in the Peabody awards, explored the 1999 murder of Hae Min Lee in Baltimore, Maryland. The story of Hae Min and Adnan Syed took the world by storm and the series has been downloaded over 68 million times.

The new season focuses on Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, a soldier who was captured and held by the Taliban for five years, and the first ep just dropped. Subscribe and listen here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/serial/id917918570?mt=2

I can't wait to see how this story goes! :)

is this your podcast op? I smell self-promotion

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

haha yup

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Will it end in a steel cage death match between Syed and Bergdahl?

That seems like the best way to satisfy all parties involved.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i watched the first episode and it was boring and bergdahl sounds mentally retarded.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Picked up a box of Frank recently and was not impressed. Very bland, almost no flavor for the cereal pieces. I wonder if theyve changed the formula in the previous many of years in response to GMOs and Glutens and Big Cereal

i don't know. i remember it being pretty fuckin berry flavored when i used to eat it but full disclosure i havent eaten cereal in like 10 yrs.

Microwaves Mom posted:

Booberry was my fav but it always made my poop green. Do they still make booberry?

E:

Holy poo poo they do.

maybe i'll pick up a booberry soon, i remember liking it a lot.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Nuts and Gum posted:

Is this actually good? Everyone jizzed their pants over welcome to nightvale which is not clever or interesting at all.

it's a murder mystery that tells you everything in the first episode or 2, then spends the rest of the season spergin over minutia without saying anything new

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

No way he's DEFINITELY the first convicted murderer in the history of crime to claim he didn't do it. Also this Bergdahl dude seems like the biggest loving retard on earth, so of course the military welcomed him with open arms.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

i need conclusions

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

treasure bear posted:

i need conclusions

Conclusion: That dude did it.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

haljordan posted:

Conclusion: That dude did it.

okay thanks

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Hell Yeah posted:

i don't know. i remember it being pretty fuckin berry flavored when i used to eat it but full disclosure i havent eaten cereal in like 10 yrs.

maybe i'll pick up a booberry soon, i remember liking it a lot.

Hell yeah! I was thinking the same thing. I hope walgreens has it cause the only other thing nearby is a trader joes.

Elman posted:

it's a murder mystery that tells you everything in the first episode or 2, then spends the rest of the season spergin over minutia without saying anything new

Think I'd rather have unsolved mysteries back.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

But maybe he didn't.

But probably he did.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

If this season is just gonna be is "he a terrorist or is he not we just don't know" just watch s1 of Homeland instead

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
i'm pretty sure adnan syed is guilty as poo poo, just saying

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

the best part of this new serial is the teaser for the next episode where she calls the taliban and is all polite and stuff

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

i'm pretty sure adnan syed is guilty as poo poo, just saying

The thing that got me was that when they asked Adnan why that random friend would just make up all of this up, Adnan was just like meh, who knows, I'm sure he had his reasons, hard to say. Like he doesn't even seem mad. That dude is the only reason he's in jail and he just very casually dismisses it. I know it's been many years, but if someone frames you for murder, I don't think you forgive them. That's my hot take anyway.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Microwaves Mom posted:

Think I'd rather have unsolved mysteries back.

Robert Stack is dead so it can never come back until we reanimate him.

a bag of dicks
Oct 20, 2015
The new cereal is bad.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Robert Stack is dead so it can never come back until we reanimate him.

A saw a version on tv with some random rear end in a top hat hosting and I was not very happy. gently caress new Unsolved Mysteries.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
One time I thought I had to poop but turns out I didn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i thought serial was pretty good and I was like "Well you can't expect them to actually prove anything or catch the guy."

and then I saw the Jinx and they fuckin caught the guy pretty much so my firm position is that serial sucks

adnan did it, too. and now everytime anybody googles Jay's name for a job they're gonna be like "Hmm this guy may have killed this girl even though somebody else did, I'd better not give him the job."

• Locked thread