Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

gently caress the ROW posted:

i know the pays not top tier but honestly im just the kind of person that needs to be around children, the retarded, or animals at all times.. sort of a calling

found aatrek's parachute account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

I need a flow chart to even begin to understand all these pronouns. If that post is real, that poor child has no chance at being a normal adult. Poor kid.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i know the pays not top tier but honestly im just the kind of person that needs to be around children, the retarded, or animals at all times.. sort of a calling

i, too, enjoy posting in GBS

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
are we positive that bearded longhair no scarf dude is a trans, and not just a dude with long hair?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

johnny sack posted:

I need a flow chart to even begin to understand all these pronouns. If that post is real, that poor child has no chance at being a normal adult. Poor kid.

well they are on the right coast to be a weirdo

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

johnny sack posted:

I figure it's probably not going to be significantly worse than growing up in a weird religious family. Once they are old enough to realize that their parents believe in stupid poo poo then they have a chance to have a normal life.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

JakeP posted:

are we positive that bearded longhair no scarf dude is a trans, and not just a dude with long hair?

No, he's the cismale mom, meaning he's just a dude with long hair

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
how can ur pronouns be real if ur gender isnt real :shrug:

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Moridin920 posted:

lmao 3 people looking for 1-2 bedrooms on the best coast for $900/mo

gonna be living in a shithole for sure

They mentioned the possibility of 2 bedroom like it would be plausible for $900 a month.

What's the lowest cost of living area on the west coast? Surely there must be some ghetto where xhey(xhem?) can find a home.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

TheWhiteNightmare posted:

A couch surfing couple loving an infant

fxt

srsly somebody needs to call cps

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

loquacius posted:

I can understand if you're a woman born as a man or vice versa, that makes sense to me, but once you start min-maxing your own made-up genders instead of picking a real one the idea of gender starts to mean nothing whatsoever which I suspect was the goal all along

Word.

I'll tolerate 'they/them' out of politeness. I don't believe in any of the nonsense but it's a bit nicer than being a dick.

Made up words? No loving way.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It's probably doable to live in 2 bedrooms of a 6-bedroom house or whatever for $900 somewhere in one of three large states. A 2BR all to yourself, no.

e:

Frosted Flake posted:

Word.

I'll tolerate 'they/them' out of politeness. I don't believe in any of the nonsense but it's a bit nicer than being a dick.

Made up words? No loving way.

:agreed:

"they/them" is easy, and involves real English words, so whatever. But I am not referring to you as "xhe." I have dignity. :colbert:

Yudo
May 15, 2003

You are a nerd posted:

Until you realize that's not a scarf the guy is wearing.

This was my revelation for the day.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
No way am I reading the posts in this thread but the title is pretty good

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

You are a nerd posted:

Until you realize that's not a scarf the guy is wearing.

Haha. gently caress.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

William Bear posted:

They mentioned the possibility of 2 bedroom like it would be plausible for $900 a month.

What's the lowest cost of living area on the west coast? Surely there must be some ghetto where xhey(xhem?) can find a home.

Depends on where. California, In SF in particular, a studio is >$2k minimum (thats in the lovely tenderloin playing hopscotch over feces, more typical is $2.5k-3k). A 1BR is >$3k and 2 BR is going to be much higher. Some of the neighboring cities like Oakland or Berkeley you can get an decent 1 BR for "only" $2k (give or take a couple hundos). 2 BRs might run more like 2k-3k a month there.

I don't know about SoCal area but I'd guess a 1 BR socal is probably ~$1.4k a month avg, maybe cheaper on the corner of Gunshot and Crackpipe St. Some more college towns along the coast in between SF to SoCal, like San Luis Obsipo might be a little cheaper but probably still ~>$1k a month. Heading more towards Sacramento/Central Valley they're a little cheaper, could probably do $900 for a 1 BR there.

Going more north to Oregon they're cheaper, again I think varies a bit but ~1k for 1 BR is likely possible and a little more for a 2 BR. A lot cheaper in something like Methford. More in trendy parts of Portland it'll probably shoot up a bit. No idea about Washington.

Exception would be as:

loquacius posted:

It's probably doable to live in 2 bedrooms of a 6-bedroom house or whatever for $900 somewhere in one of three large states. A 2BR all to yourself, no.

e
Unless you're talking about splitting a 2 BR, yes, but it still won't be $900 a month in a major California city like SF. Some other cities along the west coast that aren't as desireable, definitely could do $900 a moth for 2 brs out of a bigger house.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Dec 11, 2015

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Mozi posted:

they'd probably have more success if they didn't mention all of the stuff that makes them seem impossible to deal with but what do i know

E:
Really regret going back and looking at the guy's "Scarf"

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Dec 11, 2015

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
shove that baby up your rear end. Retard

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Those rents are insane. How do low income people live? Do they practice hot bunking?
California minimum wage is $9. So at 60 hours per week you probably don't make enough to rent a studio apartment?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I live in Oregon and pay less than $900/month in rent for a 2 bedroom. I'm not sure where some of the other posters are getting their estimates of rent, but outside of Portland the rents aren't completely unreasonable.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I live in Oregon and pay less than $900/month in rent for a 2 bedroom. I'm not sure where some of the other posters are getting their estimates of rent, but outside of Portland the rents aren't completely unreasonable.

Where at? I'm not actually that familar with cities outside of Portland or Eugene.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

NihilismNow posted:

Those rents are insane. How do low income people live? Do they practice hot bunking?
California minimum wage is $9. So at 60 hours per week you probably don't make enough to rent a studio apartment?

It's actually a big problem. Yes, a lot of them will share a literal room, or still live with their big family in a place. Or they've lived there for 20+ years. Or they live in some super far away ex-military-based dilapated place in like Vallejo (which are still not "cheap" relative to income).

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
You can get a 2 bedroom apartment or duplex in and around portland for about 900 a month. Other parts of you can find a 2 or 3 bedroom house for around 900.

If i was a land lord i probably wouldn't rent to these freaks just so i wouldn't have to deal with the nonsense

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I am a medical professional on a surgical unit where people undergo gender reassignment surgeries. Families like this actually exist. I have been "fired' by patients for calling men with giant boobs and a fancy new vagina sir. Nm their hairy legs, receding hair line, and baritone voice.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
So, is saying the 4-year-old can be "rowdy" a euphemism for "we haven't bothered to teach them how to conduct themselves around people"?

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

:bahgawd: ESS JAY DUBBL YOOS :bahgawd:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

loquacius posted:

I can understand if you're a woman born as a man or vice versa, that makes sense to me, but once you start min-maxing your own made-up genders instead of picking a real one the idea of gender starts to mean nothing whatsoever which I suspect was the goal all along

everything means nothing

the world is arbitrary

namaste

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Stuntman posted:

oh poo poo, my bad, didn't know we had an expert in the topic. where'd you get your degree from?

I'd actually like to hear you support your side of things considering you're arguing about the mental acumen of a literal 4-year-old

gleebster posted:

So, is saying the 4-year-old can be "rowdy" a euphemism for "we haven't bothered to teach them how to conduct themselves around people"?

Out of everything there is in that post you chose to take umbrage with the fact that young children sometimes behave like young children? Look at the dude's hair! Yuck!

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Professor Shark posted:

I do not understand this poo poo but I know I'm going to have to sit through a few workshops on it at some point

I teach transgendered students, I'm glad they're cool and not nuts like these people. I think stuff like this is more about ego and self confidence than sexuality or identity, but what do I know

You should teach them not to cut off their dicks or tits and instead become productive, not crazy people.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

proof of concept posted:

Out of everything there is in that post you chose to take umbrage with the fact that young children sometimes behave like young children? Look at the dude's hair! Yuck!

Well, looking at it from the point of view of a landlord or even worse, potential roomie, I would like to know how often they're going to try to whack me with that stick.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
Despite their insufferable nature, they're at least putting something resembling effort into being parents of some sort. Eh, I've seen worse examples of humanity

Take for instance, the middle-aged Toronto man who abandoned his wife and 7 kids to become his true self, a 6 year-old girl.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...d-a6769051.html

Dressing like a princess is a fine and acceptable pastime, ignoring child support payments is not.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

You should teach them not to cut off their dicks or tits and instead become productive, not crazy people.

The majority do become more productive people, as a result of transition.

I mean yes it's hella discomforting, but still infinitely preferable over suicide.

je1 healthcare fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 12, 2015

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

When is this going to reach the tipping point and lead to a real backlash against Gay and Lesbian rights?

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

you don't need to justify spending time with your mom

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
when will the violence between the trans community and the gender transformation fetishists stop?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Xaris posted:

Where at? I'm not actually that familar with cities outside of Portland or Eugene.

I'm in Eugene. I know that Springfield tends to have lower rent than Eugene, but then again it is Springfield.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Stefonknee

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

gleebster posted:

Well, looking at it from the point of view of a landlord or even worse, potential roomie, I would like to know how often they're going to try to whack me with that stick.

scared of getting roughed up by a little girl, huh?

Ave Azaria
Oct 4, 2010

by Lowtax

Frosted Flake posted:

When is this going to reach the tipping point and lead to a real backlash against Gay and Lesbian rights?
20-30 years ago when people equated being gay with crossdressing/transgender and Jerry Springer style exhibitionism

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Frosted Flake posted:

I don't see that happening. Transgender acceptance will continue to improve and with it, hopefully, the medical and mental health resources available to them. Eventually, a transgender friend or co-worker will be the same as a gay friend or co-worker or a straight friend or co-worker to the normal, well-balanced population. The gender hipsters will move on to something new once they realize throwing their pronouns at someone just gets a bored "oh, yeah?" response. People will wonder if the new hipster crazy will lead to a backlash against transgender people, but it won't, because it's generally harder for social acceptance to move backwards than forwards unless we go full on fascist in which case all bets are off.

Trump '16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Lmao at these insane rents. I have a very nice 2 bedroom apartment with gas (all gas appliances) and water included for $870/mo here. Last place I lived was a slightly worse but still nice 3 bedroom house for $1000/mo.

Best coast my rear end.

• Locked thread