Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EllisD
Mar 14, 2004

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT!?

ghetto wormhole posted:

Lmao at these insane rents. I have a very nice 2 bedroom apartment with gas (all gas appliances) and water included for $870/mo here. Last place I lived was a slightly worse but still nice 3 bedroom house for $1000/mo.

Best coast my rear end.
Is your profile up to date?

Because I'd rather be dead in California than alive in Nebraska.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Actually it's very good IMO

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

proof of concept posted:

scared of getting roughed up by a little girl, huh?

When you slap someone else's kid because they're always around acting like a drunken ferret, it can cause friction, that's all.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

They look like a nice family who are goofing around and having fun with life

Good for them. Hope they find a good place to live

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ghetto wormhole posted:

Actually it's very good IMO

Nebraska? They actually have Internet in that garbage-tier state?

West Coast = Best Coast
East Coast = Least Coast

Everything in between is literal poo poo.

jlechem
Nov 2, 2011

Fun Shoe
Can I pork the mom for staying in my home?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

CaptainSarcastic posted:

West Coast = Best Coast
East Coast = Least Coast

Yeah they're going to start rolling out 1gbps connections for the whole city in the next year or two.

The minimum wage will be the same as California's at the end of January and we have almost the lowest unemployment in the country.

The weather is a lot nicer in California though.

EllisD
Mar 14, 2004

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT!?

CaptainSarcastic posted:

West Coast = Best Coast
East Coast = Least Coast

Colorado is putting flyover states on the map. I grew up there when it was quite conservative and it was pretty cool then too. The weed thing is a nice bonus to spending Christmas with the family. :coal:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

je1 healthcare posted:

The majority do become more productive people, as a result of transition.

I mean yes it's hella discomforting, but still infinitely preferable over suicide.
This isn't actually true, I recall reading a couple studies referenced by a John hopkins dude where there was a huge chunk of people who regretted it and many who initially thought transgenderism was the silver bullet to their underlying psychological issues got better and decided they weren't transgender with just regular old therapy.

I'm not saying GID isn't an actual thing that exists for some people, but it's not transphobic to point out it's become somewhat of a fad among certain groups and the current rate of people claiming to have gid does not at all even remotely match up with medical estimates of the actual prevalence in a population which is less than 0.01%.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

ghetto wormhole posted:

Lmao at these insane rents. I have a very nice 2 bedroom apartment with gas (all gas appliances) and water included for $870/mo here. Last place I lived was a slightly worse but still nice 3 bedroom house for $1000/mo.

Best coast my rear end.

lmao there is no place worth living in the US that costs so little.

Also the douchey family in the OP should be paying double market rate to find roommates that will put up with their insane bullshit.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I for one welcome young incredibly fuckable trannies to our world.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ArbitraryC posted:

This isn't actually true, I recall reading a couple studies referenced by a John hopkins dude where there was a huge chunk of people who regretted it and many who initially thought transgenderism was the silver bullet to their underlying psychological issues got better and decided they weren't transgender with just regular old therapy.

I'm not saying GID isn't an actual thing that exists for some people, but it's not transphobic to point out it's become somewhat of a fad among certain groups and the current rate of people claiming to have gid does not at all even remotely match up with medical estimates of the actual prevalence in a population which is less than 0.01%.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Pawn 17 posted:

lmao there is no place worth living in the US that costs so little.

Also the douchey family in the OP should be paying double market rate to find roommates that will put up with their insane bullshit.
I mean if you don't live in a big city where you ignore all the "culture' and either stay in and watch netflix or go to bars with your friends like everyone else does in smaller cities then there's actually plenty of affordable and nice places. Dating is about the only thing that normal people do with any regularity that's easier in a bigger city and even then depending on the area there can be a huge gender gap due to jobs so it can still suck.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

ArbitraryC posted:

lmbo that people are physically switching genders over a fad, you know it's happening... there are people out there who are doing it just to fit in with their friends

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Baba Ganoush posted:

lmbo that people are physically switching genders over a fad, you know it's happening... there are people out there who are doing it just to fit in with their friends

all my friends from high school cut their dicks off and when in rome....

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Baba Ganoush posted:

that one Die CIS Scum chick.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

jlechem posted:

Can I pork the mom for staying in my home?

You're in luck, there's two moms.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Maybe these dumb sjws should grow up and get a job instead of getting mad resumes ask for male or female .

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

EllisD posted:

Is your profile up to date?

Because I'd rather be dead in California than alive in Nebraska.

rent would be affordable if it wasn't for all the fuckin okies

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

Microwaves Mom posted:

I for one welcome young incredibly fuckable trannies to our world.

please clarify this statement there is a 4 year old in that picture whose parents are referring to as trans~ and while I'm pretty sure that's not what you mean this is SA.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

4outof5 posted:

please clarify this statement there is a 4 year old in that picture whose parents are referring to as trans~ and while I'm pretty sure that's not what you mean this is SA.

Lol no I don't mean that. I mean adults who can make informed conscious decisions about their bodies and self.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.

Microwaves Mom posted:

Lol no I don't mean that. I mean adults who can make informed conscious decisions about their bodies and self.

:keke::hf::heysexy:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

That said... you DTF?

HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer

je1 healthcare posted:

Take for instance, the middle-aged Toronto man who abandoned his wife and 7 kids to become his true self, a 6 year-old girl.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...d-a6769051.html

Wow, that video is an eyeopener. I get the trans gendered part but what's with the 'I wanna be six years old' thing? Is age now a social construct too?

EDIT / UPDATE: Apparently they've gone missing too http://www.cp24.com/news/police-concerned-for-safety-of-missing-52-year-old-woman-1.2689373

HollywoodDialysis fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Dec 12, 2015

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
ok can somebody actually confirm if you can have munchausen syndrome for gender identity disorder tho because it seems possible on paper tbh

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

HollywoodDialysis posted:

Wow, that video is an eyeopener. I get the trans gendered part but what's with the 'I wanna be six years old' thing? Is age now a social construct too?

He lost everything... Except the weight. Cmon tubbo no 6 year old looks like a 300 pound fat man.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Is this the new Tumblr mock thread? :getin:

yessssssssss

:respek:

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

loquacius posted:

I can understand if you're a woman born as a man or vice versa, that makes sense to me, but once you start min-maxing your own made-up genders instead of picking a real one the idea of gender starts to mean nothing whatsoever which I suspect was the goal all along

a million times this

made-up genders are very :eng99:

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Wall Balls posted:

:bahgawd: ESS JAY DUBBL YOOS :bahgawd:

they're at it again

up to no good in the neighborhood

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

That Robot posted:

a million times this

made-up genders are very :eng99:

I used to think this way but last time I asked about it some goon actually took the time to explain it rather than saying that they didn't have to educate me but essentially the made up genders things are supposed to identify certain roles in society, it's kind of stereotyping in it's own way but it can also sorta makes sense. If you think of gender roles as sort of individual boxes of societal expectation, ie mommy cooks and daddy works or w/e, then deviations that are commonly known become their own genders of sorts. When you have enough dudes comfortable being a man but has an identity that doesn't mesh with traditionally masculine roles they essentially create a new gender role that they fit into.

It's hard to describe but it did make sense when I heard someone else explain it, but basically the gender people are talking about in those kind of discussions is coupled with the role that the gender is meant to fill in society.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Dec 12, 2015

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.

Microwaves Mom posted:

That said... you DTF?

is this you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3pYjYxl86E

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ArbitraryC posted:

I used to think this way but last time I asked about it some goon actually took the time to explain it rather than saying that they didn't have to educate me but essentially the made up genders things are supposed to identify certain roles in society, it's kind of stereotyping in it's own way but it can also sorta makes sense. If you think of gender roles as sort of individual boxes of societal expectation, ie mommy cooks and daddy works or w/e, then deviations that are commonly known become their own genders of sorts. When you have enough dudes comfortable being a man but has an identity that doesn't mesh with traditionally masculine roles they essentially create a new gender role that they fit into.

It's hard to describe but it did make sense when I heard someone else explain it, but basically the gender people are talking about in those kind of discussions is coupled with the role that the gender is meant to fill in society.

That's a lot of words to engage in weak apologetics for people with terminal cases of special snowflakitis.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

ArbitraryC posted:

um

they don't have to make up genders to do that

"I'm a guy who likes to knit" or "I'm a girl who likes to shoot guns and get drunk and rowdy"

none of that requires a new gender, especially one that nobody is going to take seriously like "demigirl" or "quiriosexual aromantic".

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah it's a cultural marxist word game they're playing that would make like 90 percent of people say theyre gender queer. frankfurt marxists are very specifically trying to destroy archaic social norms like gender roles and family units as ways enact social change they want. having all your kids walk up to you wearing lingerie and saying theyre queer after taking their mental correction meds (seriously like half of white children are on them) is just a part of the plan.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Judith Butler is a dirty whore who's mad that none of the boys gave her attention and this family is demonstrative that everything is going according to HER plan.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Sethex posted:

Judith Butler is a dirty whore who's mad that none of the boys gave her attention and this family is demonstrative that everything is going according to HER plan.

She's a philosophy professor, so of course her head is up her rear end. She takes her pet ideas to a point of reductio ad absurdum that is laughable.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Is there a Transnational kin

Can I be a Tobagokin

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I like to gently caress women and, god willing, get hosed by a woman

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

NihilismNow posted:

Those rents are insane. How do low income people live? Do they practice hot bunking?
California minimum wage is $9. So at 60 hours per week you probably don't make enough to rent a studio apartment?

Yeah California is having a crazy housing problem right now.

http://www.citylab.com/housing/2015/05/mapping-the-hourly-wage-needed-to-rent-a-2-bedroom-apartment-in-every-us-state/394142/

The LA area isn't as bad as San Francisco, like we haven't reached "a thousand bucks to rent a bunk bed"
http://www.citylab.com/housing/2015/09/im-obsessed-with-san-franciscos-bunk-bed-craigslist-ads/407281/

I've seen people renting single rooms in the less great parts of my city for like 1,000.

A few years ago a buddy found a lovely falling apart 2 bedroom house for about 1,200 a month though. So maybe this wacky family will get lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Let's take all the Syrian refugees and air mail these people to Syria. Then their radical Muslim friends can tolerate them.

• Locked thread