Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

NihilismNow posted:

Those rents are insane. How do low income people live? Do they practice hot bunking?
California minimum wage is $9. So at 60 hours per week you probably don't make enough to rent a studio apartment?

Yeah California is having a crazy housing problem right now.

http://www.citylab.com/housing/2015/05/mapping-the-hourly-wage-needed-to-rent-a-2-bedroom-apartment-in-every-us-state/394142/

The LA area isn't as bad as San Francisco, like we haven't reached "a thousand bucks to rent a bunk bed"
http://www.citylab.com/housing/2015/09/im-obsessed-with-san-franciscos-bunk-bed-craigslist-ads/407281/

I've seen people renting single rooms in the less great parts of my city for like 1,000.

A few years ago a buddy found a lovely falling apart 2 bedroom house for about 1,200 a month though. So maybe this wacky family will get lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

That Robot posted:

*reads wiki article on Judith Butler*

hahaha what a loving loon

she uses obtuse language to confuse people, yet claims to be a Jew whole praising Hamas and Hezbollah, ignoring their genocidal rhetoric

I hope she gets caught in a scandal and is removed from academia
So Jews can't be right?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

That Robot posted:

she's wrong obviously

if you support hamas, you're probably a lovely person

*adjusts glasses* erm actually no I read a wikipedia article once and hamas is cool and good

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Nurge posted:

You're making a pretty gross simplification of the issue with eunuchs though. The fact that they were treated culturally completely differently from both men and women do make them a de facto third gender in those cultures. Current fashions about what consitutes gender don't really come into it. People are defined by the culture they live in.
Dude, for most of Chinese history eunichs were men robbed of what made them men. It was a punishment for criminals and prisoners of war. It was viewed as a source of shame up until the 15th century when the Emperor carved out a civil service niche for them because he knew they wouldn't have legacy ambitions. Even then the only reason the whole civil service thing became as big as it did was famines and farmers not being able to feed their kids, so hacking off their balls and sending them to be the state's problem.

Do you really wanna be the one defending "victims of mutilation given a job in society," as a totally good model for a third/other genders?

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 15, 2015

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Cyril Sneer posted:

its extremely obvious its his hair and not a scarf. WTF is wrong with you people.

I didn't think it was a scarf, but it kinda blends in with the jacket and I didn't notice till the scarf joke came up and started looking closely and then caught it. It's like where's waldo only with human filth!

• Locked thread