Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
That language about gender is common place on parts of the west coast and in small communities living in the woods. So maybe they thought they were signalling they were 'hip' - and it isn't a troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

whoflungpoop posted:

The good thing is that the next generation will rebel against their parents by being productive normal and sane

yeah, or eunuchs become an everyday thing

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
You guys are empty quoting that like you're getting defensive.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Professor Shark posted:

I do not understand this poo poo but I know I'm going to have to sit through a few workshops on it at some point

I teach transgendered students, I'm glad they're cool and not nuts like these people. I think stuff like this is more about ego and self confidence than sexuality or identity, but what do I know

The problem is when they go off their meds / hormone suppositories, or are on too much. At least that's how I always saw it. Teams of doctors and therapists are basically working around the clock to fight the person's endocrine system and at any moment things might get really .. messy.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

ArbitraryC posted:

This isn't actually true, I recall reading a couple studies referenced by a John hopkins dude where there was a huge chunk of people who regretted it and many who initially thought transgenderism was the silver bullet to their underlying psychological issues got better and decided they weren't transgender with just regular old therapy.

I'm not saying GID isn't an actual thing that exists for some people, but it's not transphobic to point out it's become somewhat of a fad among certain groups and the current rate of people claiming to have gid does not at all even remotely match up with medical estimates of the actual prevalence in a population which is less than 0.01%.

lmbo that people are physically switching genders over a fad, you know it's happening... there are people out there who are doing it just to fit in with their friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

That Robot posted:

um

they don't have to make up genders to do that

"I'm a guy who likes to knit" or "I'm a girl who likes to shoot guns and get drunk and rowdy"

none of that requires a new gender, especially one that nobody is going to take seriously like "demigirl" or "quiriosexual aromantic".

some angry primordial SWJ stood in from of them in an ENG 101 class and began to scream

"SOCIETY TELLS US THAT A MAN CAN ONLY LIKE GI JOES, SOCIETY TELLS US A GIRL CAN ONLY LIKE BARBIE DOLLS WE ARE HERE TODAY TO ESCAPE FROM THIS PRISON"

at that moment everyone would have been just better off calming down and not going into surgery or anything

• Locked thread