Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

dad gay. so what posted:

i wonder what would happen if we just started over. like just throw this gen in the trash and give all the parents their money back.

a million overweight balding men near death would buy sports cars they barely fit in to try and date the millennials they cant find because you deleted them all, and then they'd use their cell phones equally as often as the millennials to desperately text their wives they left begging them to come back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

*a picture of a teenage girl looking at a phone*
The ME Generation

the 1980s already claimed that moniker

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Pththya-lyi posted:

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

-Paraphrase of Aristophanes' The Clouds

Usually when this is mindlessly pasted in lieu of thought, it gets credited to Socrates or Plato. Nice work on going the extra mile.

Favonius
Nov 28, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzcjDFgKZlg

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

proof of concept posted:

the 1980s already claimed that moniker

U should have told time magazine

Also think about how much fun it would be to hang with the kind of self-editorial person who says "I just weep for my generation"

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

lol if you aren't al;ready cum-soaked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Well I for one think this "reading and writing" thing has gone too far. Why bother remembering anything for yourself if you can just look it up? Books are destroying our memory!

In fact all technology is making us soft. If you don't live naked in a cave and eat only plants you've foraged and animals you've killed with your bare hands you're a weak little pussy

• Locked thread