Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably
I think it is super bad & everyone who drinks it is not in the true Christmas spirit of getting drunk so you can ignore your racist uncle talking about Mexicans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
What if you are the racist uncle

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
sounds like some sort of urban legend

Aug 4, 2010

non-alcoholic anything is a bad time

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
pretty loving gross

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i like both. i make my own alcoholic, and buy store bought virgin.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
It's lies, OP.
Dirty loving filthy pig lies

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I first read this as alcoholic gagging. Thought it was a thread about drunk blow jobs. Left disappointed.

momerath
Nov 15, 2014
it's the equivalent of diet oreos. not particularly bad but you're making GBS threads yourself if you think it's anywhere near as good as double stuff

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

momerath posted:

it's the equivalent of diet oreos. not particularly bad but you're making GBS threads yourself if you think it's anywhere near as good as double stuff

you're making GBS threads yourself eithe rway bc of all the dairy

momerath
Nov 15, 2014

nomadologique posted:

i poo poo my diaper daily dairy be damned

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

nomadologique posted:

i love eggnog but i can't drink it for that reason without turning into a volatile gas chamber ready to explode like old faithful at any moment

fortunately, this stuff exists and is really pretty good. i've tried a lot of soy/almond variaties and they all kind of suck, but this is pretty legit about as good as you can get without dairy

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

cool maybe i'll look out for that

Hot Cosby
Sep 23, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hector Beerlioz posted:

What if you are the racist uncle

for real, I always wished I had a racist uncle then one day I realized I didn't because that position was being left open for me

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
i like when people with inferior digestive tracks assume everyone gets the scats from a milk like them, harden your enzymes up you wieners

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

nomadologique posted:

cool maybe i'll look out for that

I dunno where you live but Safeway carries it here (california) sometimes, not consistently, but Whole Foods usually has it in the winter time.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

its good but better w/ booze ofc

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i thought the point of non alcoholic egg nog was you add your own alcohol to it?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't have any opinions, but I don't think it's a nog without eggs in it. You should just chug some egg beaters instead.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Xaris posted:

i love eggnog but i can't drink it for that reason without turning into a volatile gas chamber ready to explode like old faithful at any moment

fortunately, this stuff exists and is really pretty good. i've tried a lot of soy/almond variaties and they all kind of suck, but this is pretty legit about as good as you can get without dairy

did they actually use enough almonds to make it thick and fat and filling like egg nog or is this just 16 dollar water + almonds + milky vanilla flavoring like most brands of almond milk

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
I prefer eggnog-free alcohol personally.

Good holiday drink!

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Blistex posted:

I prefer eggnog-free alcohol personally.

Good holiday drink!

same

all egg nog is disgusting

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

extra stout posted:

did they actually use enough almonds to make it thick and fat and filling like egg nog or is this just 16 dollar water + almonds + milky vanilla flavoring like most brands of almond milk

you should not get flavored or sweetened almond milk

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

nomadologique posted:

flax milk imo, that's right I said it

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyone who says eggnog is disgusting only drinks storebought
feel free to quote this post and say you hate homemade too, i'll still be right

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
isnt that just custard

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

MiracleWhale posted:

flax milk imo, that's right I said it

i tried it but didn't enjoy it

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
eggs have always grossed me out for some reason, I can't quite put my finger on it, but I've tried them when people make them and I'm forced to out of courtesy (and they're good)

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
its gross gotta have that liquor to make it goooood

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I've never had eggnog. Should I try it? It sounds gross. NOG.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

this is the recipe i use and i got it RIGHT HERE ON SOMETHING AWFUL

i have aged mine for over a year, it gets better and better as it mellows

Total: 10 mins, plus 3 weeks for aging
Active: 10 mins
Makes: About 1 gallon

Game plan: It’s good to give the eggnog a full 3 weeks of aging or up to 1 year, but you can drink it right away; however, the flavor will be less rounded.

INGREDIENTS

For the eggnog:
• 12 large eggs
• 2 cups granulated sugar
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1 quart (4 cups) whole milk
• 1 liter (about 4 cups) bourbon, such as Jim Beam
• 1/2 cup Myers’s dark rum
• 1/2 to 1 cup good Cognac or other brandy
• Pinch kosher salt
• 1 whole nutmeg

To serve (optional):
• 10 egg whites
• 1 1/2 cups heavy cream

INSTRUCTIONS

For the eggnog:

1. Separate egg yolks and whites. (Reserve the whites for another use, such as serving this eggnog, or for our Egg-White Frittata with Shrimp, Tomato, and Spinach.) Combine yolks and sugar in a large mixing bowl and whisk until well blended and creamy.

2. Add cream, milk, bourbon, rum, Cognac (use the good stuff), and salt, then stir.

3. Bottle it right away and refrigerate it until it’s ready. (An old liquor bottle works great, as do 22-ounce bail-top bottles, available in brewing supply stores. My grandfather keeps the eggnog in the garage for 3 weeks, stirring occasionally, then bottles it—but aging in the garage is not recommended because the temperature can fluctuate.)

4. It’s traditional to wrap the bottle in aluminum foil, shiny side out, together with a fresh nut of nutmeg tucked into the foil for grating later. Keep refrigerated for at least 3 weeks, or up to a year if you can.

To serve (optional):

1. I serve aged eggnog on the rocks with some freshly grated nutmeg on top. If you want to serve the eggnog in the traditional way, pour it into a punch bowl. In separate bowls, whip 10 egg whites and 1 1/2 cups heavy cream to soft peaks and fold them into the eggnog. Serve in punch cups, garnished with freshly grated nutmeg.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Stuntman posted:

anyone who says eggnog is disgusting only drinks storebought
feel free to quote this post and say you hate homemade too, i'll still be right

Homemade is far superior but I also like storebought.

I like it with or without alcohol, with spiced rum or bourbon, I don't care. Pour me a cup of virgin nog on the morning of the Feast Day of St. Stephen. I'll take any nog you throw at me. Nog me up bitches.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

nomadologique posted:

this is the recipe i use and i got it RIGHT HERE ON SOMETHING AWFUL

i have aged mine for over a year, it gets better and better as it mellows

Total: 10 mins, plus 3 weeks for aging
Active: 10 mins
Makes: About 1 gallon

Game plan: It’s good to give the eggnog a full 3 weeks of aging or up to 1 year, but you can drink it right away; however, the flavor will be less rounded.

INGREDIENTS

For the eggnog:
• 12 large eggs
• 2 cups granulated sugar
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1 quart (4 cups) whole milk
• 1 liter (about 4 cups) bourbon, such as Jim Beam
• 1/2 cup Myers’s dark rum
• 1/2 to 1 cup good Cognac or other brandy
• Pinch kosher salt
• 1 whole nutmeg

To serve (optional):
• 10 egg whites
• 1 1/2 cups heavy cream

INSTRUCTIONS

For the eggnog:

1. Separate egg yolks and whites. (Reserve the whites for another use, such as serving this eggnog, or for our Egg-White Frittata with Shrimp, Tomato, and Spinach.) Combine yolks and sugar in a large mixing bowl and whisk until well blended and creamy.

2. Add cream, milk, bourbon, rum, Cognac (use the good stuff), and salt, then stir.

3. Bottle it right away and refrigerate it until it’s ready. (An old liquor bottle works great, as do 22-ounce bail-top bottles, available in brewing supply stores. My grandfather keeps the eggnog in the garage for 3 weeks, stirring occasionally, then bottles it—but aging in the garage is not recommended because the temperature can fluctuate.)

4. It’s traditional to wrap the bottle in aluminum foil, shiny side out, together with a fresh nut of nutmeg tucked into the foil for grating later. Keep refrigerated for at least 3 weeks, or up to a year if you can.

To serve (optional):

1. I serve aged eggnog on the rocks with some freshly grated nutmeg on top. If you want to serve the eggnog in the traditional way, pour it into a punch bowl. In separate bowls, whip 10 egg whites and 1 1/2 cups heavy cream to soft peaks and fold them into the eggnog. Serve in punch cups, garnished with freshly grated nutmeg.

this sounds like a very difficult way to get drunk

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I love it but it's not very good for you

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Nooner posted:

this sounds like a very difficult way to get drunk

humans hav ea lot of those because if you just get straight drunk every time you get bored quickly.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
Why do people eat placentas?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-27307476

people do this to, I'm pretty sure it must be when they're celebrating a birth but who knows

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Baba Ganoush posted:

Why do people eat placentas?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-27307476

people do this to, I'm pretty sure it must be when they're celebrating a birth but who knows

quote:

Some women are opting to drink the placenta in a fruit smoothie within hours of giving birth, keeping it cool and sending it off to be dried and made into capsules, or even ripping of a chunk and placing it by their gums.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

nomadologique posted:

I think almond breeze is p disgusting. It has that water + flakes consistency and doesn't really replace milk well.

Silk almond milk on the other hand:

:swoon:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

extra stout posted:

Yeah it's thick enough, which is why I rather like it. It's not quite as thick as actual egg-nog so don't expect that delicious thick-cock mouthfeel of traditional eggnog, but as close as you'll get given that it's dairy/egg free, and ain't too heavy on calories either. I know what you mean about most brands of almond milk, but Almond Breeze is really rather good and doesn't taste watery.

Also its only like $3.50 or something so it's not an arm and leg.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Dec 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
If you use eggnog instead of milk when making pancakes you get holiday pancakes, which are very special

• Locked thread