Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Road-rage with cyclist and van driver escalates into brawl

Yes in Manchester the cyclists can get a bit lairy. Just warning y'all - they're sometimes armed with water bottles or a pump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Quality topic, quality youtube video, quality post. Thank you

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

cyclists, joggers, and also people who walk too slowly must be hanged

brisk walkers are acceptable

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Yet if you run them over, you're the one who has to go to jail! Where's the logic in that?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

i usually have an erection whilst cycling

bikesonyx
Oct 9, 2014
I get in fights with drivers all the time, most of them are too pussy to get out of the car. I had a meals on wheels driver run away from me. Apparently here in New York you have to actually get hit for the police to do anything.

FUCK YOU CAT!
Mar 23, 2009

FUCKIN' AIR DUSTER
big DUST WITH text
big AIR CATtext
What's up with them nosey fuckers wanting to get involved? Just drive round em and carry on with your day you busy cunts.

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003
Cyclists who don't yield to motor vehicles should be publicly executed.

get your loving rear end off the roads you entitled faggots.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
in England nobody has guns and everybody has health insurance so they are a lot quicker to throw punches

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I'm glad bicyclists in the UK are well hard because US bicyclists are a bunch of 6mph in a 55mph limp-dicks.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

City of Tampa posted:

in England nobody has guns and everybody has health insurance so they are a lot quicker to throw punches
Yeah, it's good.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

City of Tampa posted:

Must be nice to have no repercussions

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

jBrereton posted:

Yeah, it's good.

plus there's no social stigma associated with having hosed up teeth so what the hell, let's duke it out over everything

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cyclists are garbage human beings and I have no sympathy for the ones that get hit by cars.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

cyclists get really defensive when you bring up that its entirely reasonable to plow and or clip them at a whim

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Cyclists are loving retarded. It's like they legit believe the rest of the world will stop for them and only them. There was that biker who thought a train would slow down for him to cross over past the guard rails that the turned around. Of course he got his poo poo stuffed in by a god drat loving train!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Cyclists are garbage human beings and I have no sympathy for the ones that get hit by cars.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The only people I see defend cyclists are other cyclists and people who live in suburbs and don't have to deal with cyclists. Anyone who has lived in a major city knows cyclists are insufferable assholes.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

City of Tampa posted:

quit stealing jokes from doug stanhope

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
Cyclists can be annoying, but I admire their willingness to have daily fistfights

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Dave Concepcion posted:

quit stealing jokes from doug stanhope

actually i am doug stanhope, famous comedian

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
That's what passes for a "shocking road rage brawl" in the UK? What a bunch of sissies

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

That's what passes for a "shocking road rage brawl" in the UK? What a bunch of sissies

Not every country has been desensitized by daily domestic mass shootings

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

City of Tampa posted:

ease up there, I wouldn't say famous.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Volume posted:

Not every country has been desensitized by daily domestic mass shootings

We're Built Ford Tough :clint:

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

I said come in! posted:

The only people I see defend cyclists are other cyclists and people who live in suburbs and don't have to deal with cyclists. Anyone who has lived in a major city knows cyclists are insufferable assholes.

I live in the suburbs. The county put in beautiful 4 foot wide asphalt paths along the side of the road for cyclists and every single Lance Armstrong wannabe still rides their loving bike on the road. It's insane and I am happy whenever I hear about a cyclist getting killed by a car. It makes me laugh a little and brightens my day.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

City of Tampa posted:

your show in bergen was v good, I ended up banging the girl I was sitting next too, in hindsight I'd prefer I hadn't but that's not really on you

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

BigBoss posted:

I live in the suburbs. The county put in beautiful 4 foot wide asphalt paths along the side of the road for cyclists and every single Lance Armstrong wannabe still rides their loving bike on the road. It's insane and I am happy whenever I hear about a cyclist getting killed by a car. It makes me laugh a little and brightens my day.

that's because if you are riding fairly fast it's still safer and better to be in the street, because the path is usually full of people walking their dogs on 20ft leashes and little kids that are barely supervised

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

City of Tampa posted:

that's because if you are riding fairly fast it's still safer and better to be in the street, because the path is usually full of people walking their dogs on 20ft leashes and little kids that are barely supervised

That's not true at all. The paths are completely empty. But I guess if they keep riding on the road and getting killed it will improve my mood because I like seeing bad people get what they deserve.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

BigBoss posted:

That must be nice but cyclists don't always want to share lanes with pedestrians. Obviously sharing traffic with slower moving travelers is a valid concern (as it is between drivers and cyclists), but in general walking people are much less predictable than cyclists, and may stop, turn, double up, or whatever, and will react to the sound of a bike's bell by stepping in any direction. There are a lot of reasons cyclists don't want to share space with pedestrians, though paths like the ones you describe are appreciated anyway.

Where I ride is mostly country, and when there are paths they tend to be on just one side of the road, forcing me (depending on my direction) to have to cross traffic to get to them; and then they only go for a mile or so before ending and forcing me back across traffic to the implied bike lane on the road. That's all more dangerous than just sticking to the road, which I do

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
nothing funner than cruising up right beside some pissy cyclist in my big truck inches away from them in the winter and splashing them with slush and seeing the sour look on their face :)

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
If only he was fast enough to over take a fat man in a van

naem
May 29, 2011

In SF there are big green painted bike lanes that people pull their car into to pick people up from the sidewalk, and they get all pissy when you have swerve around them it's like opposite day

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
never engage a fat

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
what I hate is when cyclists overtake on the left (in uk - in US would be on the right) when there's a line at the lights. Drivers have to overtake the fuckers AGAIN when the lights change. Cunts

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I like it when cyclists get hit by a car, get injured, and still get a ticket because the injury was their own drat fault. Of course it would be ideal if they didn't get a ticked because the injury was fatal, but I'll take knowing these spandex wearing weirdos are in pain. :)

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

SirEvelynTremble posted:

what I hate is when cyclists overtake on the left (in uk - in US would be on the right) when there's a line at the lights. Drivers have to overtake the fuckers AGAIN when the lights change. Cunts

that's not only legal for cyclists, but also recommended by the freaking police. YE' BLOODY CUHNT! i'm gonna brawl you so hard next time I see you

Volume posted:

Cyclists are loving retarded. It's like they legit believe the rest of the world will stop for them and only them. There was that biker who thought a train would slow down for him to cross over past the guard rails that the turned around. Of course he got his poo poo stuffed in by a god drat loving train!

a cyclist has exactly the same rights on the street as a driver. you are on my brawl list too now, buddy.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Thats it? That was the fight?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Haha. One guy just stands there hanging on to the others collar looking puzzled, and the other guy can't hit hard enough for grabby guy to even notice that he's being punched in the face repeatedly. No wonder you guys lost an entire country to a bunch of barefoot hicks with lovely muskets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Cyclists are horrible and shouldn't deserve to share the road with cars if they're not going to obey traffic laws

And if you're going to say some Cyclists obey traffic laws, pls stop lying to yourself.

• Locked thread