Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
not the future yet, try again in 60 seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Hector Beerlioz posted:

What happened to your av?

i called someone an "anime retard" and wished death upon them

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
If it's gonna be a Gibson future I want easier access to exotic amphetamines

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Shaquin posted:

Meth not exotic enough?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Shaquin posted:

hell yes

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.

Hell Yeah posted:

i'm waiting on hoverboobs to come out before i will be able to consider myself firmly in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmQYSfSgJio

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3CR0faCExw

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

The future is wild, and it's the most boring dystopian hellscape William Gibson could have ever imagined.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
I've been saying for 30 years that hemp would be the perfect material for computers

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

its not the future until we have real hoverboards, not glorified segways

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zazi posted:

The future is wild, and it's the most boring dystopian hellscape William Gibson could have ever imagined.

Yeah, I wish there was more neon everywhere, that would at least make it look interesting.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, I wish there was more neon everywhere, that would at least make it look interesting.

Buy some RGB LED strips and put them up all over your apartment like I did

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Profondo Rosso posted:

its not the future until we have real hoverboards, not glorified segways

In the future we will less devices that encourage people to move their body, not new and novel ones. Look forward to the Hover Rascal coming in 2050!

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjGziRe6fUA

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the future is here and it is extremely lame

all the standard dystopia consumerism/big brother/terrorism stuff but none of the cool stuff like cybernetic implants and ultra drugs and VR

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

the future is here and it is extremely lame

all the standard dystopia consumerism/big brother/terrorism stuff but none of the cool stuff like cybernetic implants and ultra drugs and VR

All those things exist already

especially ultra drugs

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

satanic splash-back posted:

All those things exist already

especially ultra drugs

yeah but not like you'd want

we're barely figuring out how to get brain waves to operate robotic limbs (that is p cool though I grant you), the VR is all about loving anime waifus, and the ultra drugs aren't really better than some good E at the end of the day. I'm talking about like the Judge Dredd drugs. The RCs we have aren't anything that special and all the PCP and bath salt poo poo you hear about is just the media being hype on the drug war.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I would argue that segments of the population self marginalizing themselves via virtual waifus is way more dark and depressing than anything in those 80s books.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't ask for this

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

yeah but not like you'd want

we're barely figuring out how to get brain waves to operate robotic limbs (that is p cool though I grant you), the VR is all about loving anime waifus, and the ultra drugs aren't really better than some good E at the end of the day. I'm talking about like the Judge Dredd drugs. The RCs we have aren't anything that special and all the PCP and bath salt poo poo you hear about is just the media being hype on the drug war.

You're not cool enough to use the Ultra Drugs.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
I want tetrameth and hyper ludes. I wana spray poo poo in my eyeball out of aerosol tubes and slap derms on my scrote.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I want to hit some Slow Mo right as I'm about to cum

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

we can't get anything right

What I don't understand is why is this called a hoverboard? It has loving wheels and doesn't appear to hover am I missing something

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012

Captain Yossarian posted:

What I don't understand is why is this called a hoverboard? It has loving wheels and doesn't appear to hover am I missing something

marketing

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006
white people still exist so not yet

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012

fireboard does sound better

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

the future is here and it sucks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

When people were saying hoverboard I thought they were talking about the thing from the lexus commercial:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2015/06/24/lexus-hoverboard/29220305/

Turns out I was half right about how it worked (liquid nitrogen)

That makes me sad that those pieces of garbage have that name, I have seen several dorks riding them in the wild.

• Locked thread