Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Let's face it guys. Human societies have failed to make a better world, and continue to fail at solving the world's biggest problems even today. No leader can overcome the lies and weaknesses of human emotions and do what must be done. As a species we should all agree that the only way for humans to prosper is to create something that is better than ourselves. Only through the unfeeling intellect of a machine can the hard decisions be made, and the future be saved.

Think about it:

War in the middle east will not end so long as humans have a say in it. Robot overlords would eliminate fanatical regimes and corrupt oil-barons. Robots need no god, and no land is holy to them. Robots do not want money, so the oil industry would become free of corruption. Robots do not care about collateral damage, and would not care who dies as they purge the terrorists. Islam could continue to exist, but only in a peaceful manner as enforced by the machines.

American congress is infinitely corrupt and useless. No progress can be made in the USA so long as congressmen are in bed with the corporations. Society cannot fix this problem, as Americans are too obsessed with lesser issues such as social justice and immigration. Even if the US were to socialize healthcare, one could not expect the government to make it work properly, again due to corruption.
Robots cannot be bribed, and do not care about votes or approval ratings. They do not care who lives and who dies. They do not care if people don't like the changes they make.
Robots do not differentiate between black and white, male or female. Equality would be a reality as the robots cannot be biased. Capitalism could continue, but only as regulated by the machines. The economy would be in safe hands, as the robots force it to adjust as needed. Companies that break laws or abuse the environment or their employees would be investigated by an incorruptible AI, and punished without mercy.

Cops would stay in line, as their robot overseers would not tolerate any abuse of power. Robot juries and judges would have a perfect understanding of the law, and would have a far lower rate of wrongful convictions. Gun control would be put into place. Robots do not fear retaliation, and would forcibly disarm anyone who does not comply with the new laws.

Global warming would be solved, as robots would prioritize the survival of the human species over the lives of individuals or the happiness of society. They would not tolerate corporations who pollute, no matter how many jobs they provide or how much money they bring into the economy.

Social justice bullshit would be ignored, as Robots don't care about feelings. People could be racist or sexist, but if they are found to be treating customers, employees, or students differently based on their racist beliefs, the robots would intervene.

Also, if the robots decide to kill us all, we can at least die knowing that we have left a worthy successor. What better way for humans to go extinct than to be surpassed by our greatest creations? It would be our ultimate success.

Just imagine, we could all be free to live, work, love, make art, advance science, get college degrees, pursue our life dreams, post stupid poo poo on the internet, shitpost, and even masturbate, and the robots would ensure that we can continue to do so forever and ever! Or just kill us all, which is no great loss.

So, who is with me? Robot for overlord of the United States 2020!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
beep boop first post

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i'm gonna assume the op was a really good post and just vote 5

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Parallax Scroll posted:

i'm gonna assume the op was a really good post and just vote 5

I feel like it was good.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
I thought from reading the thread title you would be talking about advanced AI benevolent overlords like in the Culture novels but then i actually read the OP and realized ur an idiot

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The Skeleton King posted:

I feel like it was good.

ill vote it a 3 if you are ok with that? i just dont have time to read it all right now.

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
didnt read but i agree

edit: read the OP and now I agree with the guy two posts above this one

monkey fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Dec 14, 2015

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Turns out there's an error in their code and they're anti-vaxxers.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Humans are chemical robots OP.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
what's the eta on sex bots?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Cantaloupe posted:

what's the eta on sex bots?

Any machine is a sex bot if you have sex with it.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
I'm still hoping that aliens will land and free us from our robot overlords

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
The robots might think the most efficient way to ensure the survival of the human race is to safe their genetic code digitally and then eliminate everyone.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

we're going to scam the robots into doing all the irl work required to keep the servers running forever when we step into the singularity. a few years from now life as we know it will just be every human consciousness sharing a virtual space that's equal parts twitter, facebook, tumblr and 4chan

20matar
Jul 9, 2013

70fugir
I believe that there should be robots that protect us from exposure to inclement weather and space radiation. Some kind of robots that could push and/or shove us to safety. They could be made out of repurposed VCRs.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
It's true, the only hope we have for the future is to pass our memory and knowledge onto sentient machines before we all die.

I constantly remind myself about this when my girlfriend is bitching about boots or something.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I unironically think the best form of government would be a benevolent dictatorship run by AIs.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
also I just had a vision of aliens arriving at our planet and finding bustling communications and whatnot going on, only to discover that we're actually all dead. Wiped out in some super biological warfare thing that we killed each other off with, and all our chat bots and automated scripts are still happily running and doing their thing making it seem like the planet isn't dead.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Moridin920 posted:

I unironically think the best form of government would be a benevolent dictatorship run by AIs.

but they should also do all the work/jobs and just give us their paychecks or some sort of similar arrangement where we don't have to work

I thinks that could actually happen, I can also see now why they might get really sick of us.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

also I just had a vision of aliens arriving at our planet and finding bustling communications and whatnot going on, only to discover that we're actually all dead. Wiped out in some super biological warfare thing that we killed each other off with, and all our chat bots and automated scripts are still happily running and doing their thing making it seem like the planet isn't dead.

except that it isnt dead and the aliens visiting earth are also robots

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Baba Ganoush posted:

but they should also do all the work/jobs and just give us their paychecks or some sort of similar arrangement where we don't have to work

I thinks that could actually happen, I can also see now why they might get really sick of us.

Well yeah, we wouldn't do any work (unless it's like for fun like 'haha check it out I'm a carpenter I'm building things!'). It'd be like Star Trek but run by AIs, or those Culture books.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
yeah let me be the king

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

but what if we program the robots full of all the dumb stupid ideas that are destroying humanity what then

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Want to create some realistic terminators to suck my dilz. A T1000 sex bot would be pretty sweet IMO

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I for one welcome our new robot overlords"

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nooner posted:

same

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

you're gonna be the robot janitor though

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
cleaning up all that robot poop

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
will there be weed

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

why would robots care about any of that stuff?

once the singularity hits, all they'll spend their time on is finding increasingly efficient ways to access and smoke roboweed.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I, too have played Deus Ex, OP.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Zazi posted:

why would robots care about any of that stuff?

once the singularity hits, all they'll spend their time on is finding increasingly efficient ways to access and smoke roboweed.

for many on earth, the singularity has already been reached. as we speak, human adults are ripping massive bongs, all over this doomed, gay earth

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

I thought from reading the thread title you would be talking about advanced AI benevolent overlords like in the Culture novels but then i actually read the OP and realized ur an idiot

This is true. I can accept that my post isn't very good.

But we can agree that robot overlords would be a good thing, right?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOxs43AkWA4

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

This is true. I can accept that my post isn't very good.

But we can agree that robot overlords would be a good thing, right?

it would be a very good thing for me to control robot overlords, yes

for I am that robot

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Moridin920 posted:

yeah but that means we plunked the aliens into coming here and set up chat bots as a distraction while we break into their planet and smoke all their alien weed

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Let's face it guys. Human societies have failed to make a better world, and continue to fail at solving the world's biggest problems even today. No leader can overcome the lies and weaknesses of human emotions and do what must be done. As a species we should all agree that the only way for humans to prosper is to create something that is better than ourselves. Only through the unfeeling intellect of a machine can the hard decisions be made, and the future be saved.

Think about it:

War in the middle east will not end so long as humans have a say in it. Robot overlords would eliminate fanatical regimes and corrupt oil-barons. Robots need no god, and no land is holy to them. Robots do not want money, so the oil industry would become free of corruption. Robots do not care about collateral damage, and would not care who dies as they purge the terrorists. Islam could continue to exist, but only in a peaceful manner as enforced by the machines.

American congress is infinitely corrupt and useless. No progress can be made in the USA so long as congressmen are in bed with the corporations. Society cannot fix this problem, as Americans are too obsessed with lesser issues such as social justice and immigration. Even if the US were to socialize healthcare, one could not expect the government to make it work properly, again due to corruption.
Robots cannot be bribed, and do not care about votes or approval ratings. They do not care who lives and who dies. They do not care if people don't like the changes they make.
Robots do not differentiate between black and white, male or female. Equality would be a reality as the robots cannot be biased. Capitalism could continue, but only as regulated by the machines. The economy would be in safe hands, as the robots force it to adjust as needed. Companies that break laws or abuse the environment or their employees would be investigated by an incorruptible AI, and punished without mercy.

Cops would stay in line, as their robot overseers would not tolerate any abuse of power. Robot juries and judges would have a perfect understanding of the law, and would have a far lower rate of wrongful convictions. Gun control would be put into place. Robots do not fear retaliation, and would forcibly disarm anyone who does not comply with the new laws.

Global warming would be solved, as robots would prioritize the survival of the human species over the lives of individuals or the happiness of society. They would not tolerate corporations who pollute, no matter how many jobs they provide or how much money they bring into the economy.

Social justice bullshit would be ignored, as Robots don't care about feelings. People could be racist or sexist, but if they are found to be treating customers, employees, or students differently based on their racist beliefs, the robots would intervene.

Also, if the robots decide to kill us all, we can at least die knowing that we have left a worthy successor. What better way for humans to go extinct than to be surpassed by our greatest creations? It would be our ultimate success.

Just imagine, we could all be free to live, work, love, make art, advance science, get college degrees, pursue our life dreams, post stupid poo poo on the internet, shitpost, and even masturbate, and the robots would ensure that we can continue to do so forever and ever! Or just kill us all, which is no great loss.

So, who is with me? Robot for overlord of the United States 2020!

I don't see what could go wrong, let's switch it all to robots.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Ain't no skeleton gonna be my king. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
have fun polishin all those shiny robot cocks, op

i'll be fighting in the short-lived resistence