Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
This thread is intended as a prep thread for the inevitable ISIS / Crazy person shooting that will take place in the US this week. In it we can discuss tactics to avoid getting shot (no gun laws bullshit), where we think it'll happen, and what to do if we / others get shot.

When you're safe from the shooting if people are bleeding you can make a tourniquet that could save lives:

1. Wrap the limb with a rope/belt/bra at least two inches closer to the body than the wound.
2. Place your desired torsion device on top of the overhand knot.
3. Twist the torsion device in one direction until bleeding stops.
4. Secure the tourniquet in place.

(for more)
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2012/03/21/how-to-save-lives-like-an-army-medic-using-a-tourniquet-to-control-major-bleeding/

My thoughts are that we may see some crazies shoot up Star Wars, but that seems a bit too obvious. Anyone wanna put a wild card out there for this weeks shooting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I'm distraught in advance!!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I'm distraught in advance!!

Good! Get that out of your system so when the actual disaster happens you can act with a clear head!

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Lowtax shoots up the cloud, mistaking actual clouds for cloud based computing. Bullet hits and takes out a 777 that crashes into a crowded hub. 4291 killed 11,000+ wounded.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I blame muslims, specifically he biggest muslim of them all Barack "The Islamic Shock" Hussien Obama

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

This would never happen if we just cut the legs at birth.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

ppl in my state have been mass-buying prepaid cell phones and stealing propane tanks. sounds like we might get more than just a shooting. although idk why if they had all that poo poo they'd blow their load on missouri

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
My bet is on another black guy getting gunned down by the police. It's a safe bet and I'm not sorry for that.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Microwaves Mom posted:

Good! Get that out of your system so when the actual disaster happens you can act with a clear head!

Okay!! :tizzy:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Nooner posted:

I blame muslims, specifically he biggest muslim of them all Barack "The Islamic Shock" Hussien Obama

No reason to be xenophobic / islamophobic! Crazed shooters come in a diversity of colors, religions, and nut loving varieties.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
looks like i lost another loan to ditech!

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
I'm storing up my prayers. Let me know where to send them.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
you weren't at all worried that this title might be misconstrued?

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Cubone posted:

you weren't at all worried that this title might be misconstrued?

are you implying that there won't be a shooting this week?

hmmm...sounds like someone knows something

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

If someone with a gun asks me what religion I am and I'm not immediately sure what religion they are, what should I say? I mean obviously Jewish is a no-go

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
Stay safe cowering children / minorities/ guy at work / abortion nurse / planned parenthood nurse who doesnt do abortions / guy who just came out of the bathroom and was about to say hello to Mufad before getting gunned down and as he's laying there hes like WHAT THE gently caress I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS YOU CAME TO MY BIRTHDAY PARTY MUFAD, YOU'RE A REAL DICK BRO

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

Fat Lowtax posted:

If someone with a gun asks me what religion I am and I'm not immediately sure what religion they are, what should I say? I mean obviously Jewish is a no-go

Wiccan

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Keep the violence coming. Hail Satan vote Trump apocalypse nooooowwww

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Actual advice:

In the event of an active shooter, your priorities are the following:

1. RUN

Get out of the area as quickly as possible. Take others with you only if it does not prevent you from escaping the area.

2. HIDE

If you can't get out of the area, shelter in place. Find a safe room, lock a door, do whatever you need to do to stay covered, hidden and protected.

3. FIGHT

When all else fails you need to fight. Commit to your actions. Your life and the lives of others are literally on the line.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Gun law reform

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
I want to mass shoot fatties, but I'm stymied by the fact that they are characterised by a general refusal to move so there aren't really many places you can find a lot of them in one place. ideas?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
The Onion has this poo poo down to a science. They just tweak that one article and then get mad clicks for days.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Feranon posted:

ppl in my state have been mass-buying prepaid cell phones and stealing propane tanks. sounds like we might get more than just a shooting. although idk why if they had all that poo poo they'd blow their load on missouri

Crazy people don't need logic or reason for anything.

We should focus on profiling the shooter(s) in advance using our collective genius!

I will draw the killer using my professional mugshot skills based on a description given by all of us.

I'll start off.

I think the shooter will have a really wide open bug eyed look to them.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Fat Lowtax posted:

real answer: christian. don't specify a type. they probably won't be a catholic, and they might not care if you're a catholic too, but whatever type of christian they are, their religion is deteriorating overall enough that they probably won't mind too much if you're a different denomination or sect, but just to be safe just say christian.

I know what you're probably thinking, "what if they're a muslim? they could be a muslim". you're right! but muslim extremists won't ask "what religion are you", since they usually won't just settle for you being a muslim, they'll want you to be a particular type of muslim, so they'll ask something specific like "how do you pray", or "what is the name of your imam".

I say this with confidence because it has actually happened.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Fat Lowtax posted:

If they have a beard, are brown, and speak with an accent, start quoting the qaran.

If they're a creepy lookin nerd, agnostic is a safe bet.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

Crazy people don't need logic or reason for anything.

We should focus on profiling the shooter(s) in advance using our collective genius!

I will draw the killer using my professional mugshot skills based on a description given by all of us.

I'll start off.

I think the shooter will have a really wide open bug eyed look to them.

Statistically he'll be white.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Microwaves Mom posted:

If they're a creepy lookin nerd, agnostic is a safe bet.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Testikles posted:

Statistically he'll be white.

okay so: bug eyed, white I'm only going to let you have one stat here as we haven't defined male or female yet.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

okay so: bug eyed, white I'm only going to let you have one stat here as we haven't defined male or female yet.

It'll be a male. Females are practically statistical anomalies when it comes to the rampage, workplace, school and terrorist shooters. I had a sample of 47 incidents and 2 were committed by females and 1 was a male/female team.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Microwaves Mom posted:

obviously male.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
okay a: white, bug eyed, male

what age group are we thinking? I'm going with mid 20s

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Microwaves Mom posted:

pretty safe bet. stupid-looking hair.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

Average age tends to be about 32. So mid 20s wouldn't be too far off.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Testikles posted:

Average age tends to be about 32. So mid 20s wouldn't be too far off.

are you lumping in a whole lot of data from stuff we're not talking about? a guy shooting his wife and her boyfriend isn't a mass shooter you know what we all mean.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

are you lumping in a whole lot of data from stuff we're not talking about? a guy shooting his wife and her boyfriend isn't a mass shooter you know what we all mean.

Nope. My sample had to be a shooting that occurred in a public space, had to have had two or more fatalities, and there could not have been a specific target, or if there was, the violence spilled over to non-specific targets. That covered things like the massacre at Seal Beach where the shooter was going after his ex-wife but shot-up the salon she worked at.

Edit: focused on incidents from 2005-2015 in the US.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I think this newest mass shooting is going to be very sad, god bless

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
A white bug eyed male in his mid 20s - early 30s with a stupid haircut.

Any distinguishing marks?

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Our Crisis Actors are ready and waiting.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

A white bug eyed male in his mid 20s - early 30s with a stupid haircut.

Any distinguishing marks?

Don't know about marks but chances are pretty good that they'll wear something dumb like sunglasses, all black, trench-coats and completely unnecessary tactical gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Testikles posted:

Don't know about marks but chances are pretty good that they'll wear something dumb like sunglasses, all black, trench-coats and completely unnecessary tactical gear.

"Whoa." -Neo

• Locked thread