Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Whoever invents really thin kevlar that looks like really fashionable clothes is going to be America's first trillionaire.

I guess you could have a pocket for an interceptor plate sewn into your suit? that'd work, and probably wouldn't be noticeable if the suit was tailored for it, but it would be kind of heavy if you weren't in good shape and the suit would need to be tailored to support the weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Theyre reenacting Die Hard 3 in LA right now

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

ISIS presents Bad Day LA.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

rear end cobra posted:

Simon says...

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

rear end cobra posted:

I only really liked the first one.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

My bet is on another black guy getting gunned down by the police. It's a safe bet and I'm not sorry for that.

It's your lucky day!

(1140) December 14, 2015
NV F G
facebook.com/KilledByPolice/posts/1155536594474476
http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-vegas/woman-shot-and-killed-police-northeast-valley-barricade

Too bad these don't count as "mass shootings." Because it's only like 4 a day.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Microwaves Mom posted:

This thread is intended as a prep thread for the inevitable ISIS / Crazy person shooting that will take place in the US this week. In it we can discuss tactics to avoid getting shot (no gun laws bullshit), where we think it'll happen, and what to do if we / others get shot.

When you're safe from the shooting if people are bleeding you can make a tourniquet that could save lives:

1. Wrap the limb with a rope/belt/bra at least two inches closer to the body than the wound.
2. Place your desired torsion device on top of the overhand knot.
3. Twist the torsion device in one direction until bleeding stops.
4. Secure the tourniquet in place.

(for more)
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2012/03/21/how-to-save-lives-like-an-army-medic-using-a-tourniquet-to-control-major-bleeding/

My thoughts are that we may see some crazies shoot up Star Wars, but that seems a bit too obvious. Anyone wanna put a wild card out there for this weeks shooting?

I cant wait for the news article where they find some goon mercy killing people with tourniquets.

Can someone make a mass killing bingo board? SO we can see all the combinations.

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot
Obama has meeting with NRA and gun lobbyists. Admits that the government has been bought out by corporations to enslave the work force. Takes one of his bodyguards' guns and puts it on a table, declaring that he will enact mass gun control laws unless someone in the room can pick up the gun and assassinate him.

"You want your second amendment? Here it is!"

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Add this to the OP so we are ready.

Grimshak
Oct 8, 2013

I know you need the meat, girl, but damn.
How often are threats given before an actual event happens? Why would you call ahead what you're planning to do if you are actually going to do it?

This poo poo in LA right now...the bomb threat. Has anything like that actually EVER been followed through?

We don't have all the details and maybe there is something that makes this threat credible, but otherwise it seems ridiculous to cancel all school on a random threat.

Moltke
May 13, 2009
School board member was threatened to directly. Just a reactionary abuse of power.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Bomb threats should be reported to police and otherwise completely ignored tbqh.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

going all in on a katana arigatou gomenasai

Moltke
May 13, 2009
Same thing happened in NYC today apparently. Bratton and the NYPD are laughing at the person who sent the threat (supposedly it was riddled with typos) which is the appropriate response, unlike the babbys in LA.

http://gothamist.com/2015/12/15/bratton_terrorism_threat_against_ny.php

Moltke fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Dec 15, 2015

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Yeah ISIS wouldn't call in a bomb threat. The only people who would are like the IRA / people who are concerned about loss of life. I doubt the IRA is attacking LA lol.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Moltke posted:

Same thing happened in NYC today apparently. Bratton and the NYPD are laughing at the person who sent the threat (supposedly it was riddled with typos) which is the appropriate response, unlike the babbys in LA.

http://gothamist.com/2015/12/15/bratton_terrorism_threat_against_ny.php

Bratton is LA's former corrupt-as-gently caress police chief. gently caress him.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Grimshak posted:

How often are threats given before an actual event happens? Why would you call ahead what you're planning to do if you are actually going to do it?

This poo poo in LA right now...the bomb threat. Has anything like that actually EVER been followed through?

We don't have all the details and maybe there is something that makes this threat credible, but otherwise it seems ridiculous to cancel all school on a random threat.

rarely ever. Unless its a group that wants to minimize civilian casualties (parts of the IRA, some of those lefty groups in the 70s/80s.) ISIS and lone nutters usualy just strike with little warning.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cubone posted:

the dual-wielding korean guy who wrote richard mcbeef still has the all time high score if i'm not mistaken

He didn't even use a rifle. In fact rifles are pretty rarely used so id change yiur bets people

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Grimshak posted:

In my sample it was about half the time but it isn't always something like they're phoning up the cops to say hey, I'm going to be here at X place at Y time. It's usually they fax or e-mail their manifestos to somebody, they phone up somebody and apologize because they're going to do something "serious", talk about doing something in advance or they try warning people they like to stay away. So they do tell people beforehand but the window from warning to act can be pretty small depending on the situation.

They usually give advance warning because they feel sorry, are looking for atonement, but more often than not they want to make sure they're remembered and not misunderstood.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
The only mass shooting I have to worry about when porking your mom is from my ding dong, OP, so I'm safe.

I appreciate the support, though!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

The only mass shooting I have to worry about when porking your mom is from my ding dong, OP, so I'm safe.

I appreciate the support, though!

Lets be honest though you have to worry about friendly fire from the other guys.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Hello friends. Remember, that when you are shot, wounded, or subject to extreme bodily trauma, the number one thing to remember is to keep breathing. If you keep breathing, that means you are still alive! That's a good thing.

If you come upon someone unconscious and not breathing, remember these three key letters, in order of importance:

Airway
Breathing
Circulation

Keep the airway clear by tilting the head back, plugging the nose, and blowing hard into their mouth. If their chest rises, you did it correctly!

Remember, tilting back the head on a subject in a supine position causes the tongue to go taut and prevents the airway from being obstructed by it. Correct CPR cannot be administered on a blocked airway.

If the subject has no pulse, that means they are probably dead, but only just barely! You might be able to keep them alive in time for a defribulator or paramedics to arrive and restart their heart. Check their pulse by pressing your fingers -- not your thumb, those have a pulse that you may mistake for theirs - against their cartaroid or radial arteries. The Cartaroid Artery is located in the neck, about two inches below the ear. The radial pulse is found on the inside of the wrist. Take count of the pulse over 15 seconds, then multiply that by four, and gauge the strength of it (weak, strong, irregular, etc). Anything under 50 bpm is worth worrying about. If it's stopped, you'll have to perform chest compressions!

Interlock your hands, palms facing downward. Press your hands down in the centre of their chest, and push. Hard. You want to compress the chest so that it's pushed down about two inches. You'll hear cracking. Normally that's just cartildge readjusting, but if you accidentally snap a rib, worry about it later. Better a cracked rib than a dead subject. Compress at a rate of about 100bpm (The Beegees 'Stayin' Alive' is a good tune to hum while doing this, as it has roughly similar bpm) for thirty seconds, check their pulse, then perform two deep breaths. Check for breathing, then continue CPR until help arrives.

If they are bleeding profusely from a wound, that's a good thing! It means their heart is still going and pumping blood. If you have a first aid kid, throw an abdominal pad on the wound and make sure their essentials are taken care of, i.e. they're still breathing.

As a thought experiment, fill a shot glass full of milk, then upend it onto a table. Looks like a lot of milk, yeah? Well, blood is the same way. The human body can survive extreme amounts of blood loss for short periods -- certainly enough for paramedics to arrive and shunt you full of saline. The real danger, more than the gunshot, more than the blood loss, and the thing that kills people, is Shock.

Shock is the body's method of keeping itself alive by pulling blood into the core and circulating it around the essential organs. Limbs grow cold, lips turn pale, skin goes blue, and the subject starts feeling dehydrated. As a first responder, you want to stop Shock from taking your subject and killing them.

Think of the body as an open door. When injured, Shock can walk right through that door and take whatever it wants. The best way to stop it? Shut the door. In this case, keep your subject warm. When they start feeling cold, trembling, complaining of thirst, or their skin goes pale, take those signs as examples of Shock, and take action. Cover them up. Wrap them in a blanket, if you have one. Put your jacket over them. Do whatever you can to keep them warm, and your chances of combating Shock increase dramatically. Keep them awake. Keep them lucid. Ask them questions about themselves, keep them talking. As a first responder, your job is to stabilize the subject for as long as possible. Even if they go unconscious, so long as they're breathng and their heart is still beating, you're doing your job.

Ideally, you wouldn't use a tourniquet to stem bleeding. Blood clots fairly quickly, so a sterile pad should be what you use to contain the hemorrage until it stops. Loosely tie a triangle bandage around the wounded area to secure the abdominal pad, but don't pull it tight. You should be able to slip two fingers under the wrapping.

In the case of a gut or chestshot, apply pressure as needed and wait for help to arrive. If the subject has a sucking chest wound, place your palm flat against their chest and seal the hole with a gloved hand. There are special medical supplies to treat this sort of injury, but most basic first aid kits don't have them, so the best you can do is get a helper to apply pressure and seal the affected area.

Remember; a basic first aid kid with bandages, gloves, disinfecting wipes and ABD pads should be in everyone's car, pack, or purse. Small ones are cheap and easy to carry, and knowing how to use it could save a life.

Best of luck out there, my American friends, and I hope none of you get shot!

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
I actually laugh when i hear about people getting murked by some weirdo in a mass shooting. That stuff is cool to me. I see through the bullshit of society

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
If we banned guns none of this would happen.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Beef Turret posted:

I actually laugh when i hear about people getting murked by some weirdo in a mass shooting. That stuff is cool to me. I see through the bullshit of society

I think your avatar needs to be updated. You easily could compile a face out of 6 people now.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Beef Turret posted:

same except i dont see thru anything, im just emotionally stunted by childhood internet exposure

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
For real this thread is pretty :smith:. America has a problem.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Nerd opens fire on crowded theatre during Star Wars after Han Solo dies.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Beef Turret posted:

Tell me more Beef Turret

*begins profiling*

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
If a mass shooting goes down, im getting buck rear end naked and I'm charging them. gently caress ill go out viking style.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Beef Turret posted:

These wounds they will not heal

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

If I see a mass shooting I'm doing whatever it takes to trend on Twitter. Rush the guy, lead him to where people are hiding, yell Allah Akhbar, it's all on the table.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Fat Lowtax posted:

If I see a mass shooting I'm doing whatever it takes to trend on Twitter. Rush the guy, lead him to where people are hiding, yell Allah Akhbar, it's all on the table.

Is this why ur fat enough to stop full metal jackets

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My work has a completely useless employee with anger issues that somehow doesn't get fired. He's also Syrian. Not sure if these things are connected.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Distraught parent: What is happening to our society? It's so tragic that people have to die pointlessly. :(
Me, laughingly: Yeah, it's so tragic to die quick and painless instead of languishing in serfdom to the corporations for 50 odd years like everyone else. And just in time to witness the disintegration of the global capitalist system + holocene mass extinction event that will turn the Earth to a gayer version of Mad Max. :downsbravo: Stupid loving normies.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Beef Turret posted:

Distraught parent: What is happening to our society? It's so tragic that people have to die pointlessly. :(
Me, laughingly: Yeah, it's so tragic to die quick and painless instead of languishing in serfdom to the corporations for 50 odd years like everyone else. And just in time to witness the disintegration of the global capitalist system + holocene mass extinction event that will turn the Earth to a gayer version of Mad Max. :downsbravo: Stupid loving normies.

is that u banksy

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seriously lol if you don't EDC one of these in this day and age: http://amzn.com/B003BS2PW4 (or some more expensive tactical version)

I'm expecting to be blown up in my rush hour BART commute at some point, or shot, or just generally murdered.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Has there been a mass shooting yet this week? Trying to set my clock

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Beef Turret posted:

I dunno man I work sometimes and drink hella beers while hangin out with chums and having a great time.
Have you considered drinkin hella beers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Wouldn't it be lovely if these psychos offed themselves first, then went on a rampage?

• Locked thread