Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Motorists hate our freedoms!

We should pre-emptively let their tires down: it's self defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

naem
May 29, 2011

-purchases bicycle
-car magically vanishes in a puff of smoke because apparently you can't own both a car and a bicycle?
-police interrogation "do you own both a car and a bicycle??" "No of course not officer sir that is both illegal and some thing something law of physics car vanished like stated in previous joke"

-car man (fat lovely poo baby) *eats hamburger* :rolleyes: millenials

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

*rides 45 km at tempo on flat terrain*

*drinks 3 pints and eats a cheeseburger and fries after ride*

*complains to coach that you arnt getting faster*

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

fat tire/beach bike owners should be exterminated

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad

Thin Privilege posted:

I'm a biker and I don't follow traffic laws even though I'm legally supposed to do so! :jerkbag:

From bike websites

http://bikeleague.org/content/traffic-laws
http://bicycledriving.org/public-awareness/motorists-should-know

"I don't understand how the real world works becasue im a terrible shut in and dont own a bike or car" :jerkbag:
THanks 4 your input

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Jastiger posted:

Because we know the 10 secrets their car insurer/mechanic/dealer doesn't want them to know!

I pay ~50$ a month for insurance between my 325i, 4Runner, motorcycle, and scooter. I do my own maintenance on all four, and my two-wheeled vehicles are actually capable of driving on roads.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

somuch_gravy posted:

"I don't understand how the real world works becasue im a terrible shut in and dont own a bike or car" :jerkbag:
THanks 4 your input

Actually I own both and when I ride my bike I follow traffic rules because I'm not a stupid rear end in a top hat.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Thin Privilege posted:

Actually I own both and when I ride my bike I follow traffic rules because I'm not a stupid rear end in a top hat.

Noooooo! You're going to ruin the narrative.

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad

Thin Privilege posted:

Actually I own both and when I ride my bike I follow traffic rules because I'm not a stupid rear end in a top hat :)

post pics :3 lets talk about bikes and cars

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

revmoo posted:

I pay ~50$ a month for insurance between my 325i, 4Runner, motorcycle, and scooter. I do my own maintenance on all four, and my two-wheeled vehicles are actually capable of driving on roads.

You just listed the gayest possible combo of vehicles.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

BigBoss posted:

Post your modes of transport

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Not sure if point but that is probably a ghost bike, aka memorial for someone who died there.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BigBoss posted:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

somuch_gravy posted:

post pics :3 lets talk about bikes and cars

Nothing special, I have a hybrid bike and a Toyota. Both were reasonably priced and reliable.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

revmoo posted:

Post your modes of transport
A MOTHER FUCKIN FIXIE!!!!

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Dec 17, 2015

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

naem posted:

-purchases bicycle
-car magically vanishes in a puff of smoke because apparently you can't own both a car and a bicycle?
-police interrogation "do you own both a car and a bicycle??" "No of course not officer sir that is both illegal and some thing something law of physics car vanished like stated in previous joke"

-car man (fat lovely poo baby) *eats hamburger* :rolleyes: millenials

same

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I'm going to demand right of way on the road and sidewalk at switch between them seemingly at random.

Oh yeah I'm also going to wear an all-black spandex outfit on an all-black bike in winter so I'm completely invisible during evening rush hour.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Cyclists on roads are at worst, inconsiderate and mildly annoying. Cyclists on shared trails are loving awful and the more they ring their little bells the more I want to just stand there and keep fishing. Even the loving horse people are less annoying.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I wonder how self driving cars are going to deal with places like New York, where the road signs for pedestrians are "white man says walk, red hand says also walk, you have places to be, gently caress everyone else"

Those Google cars yield to pedestrians, so expect complete standstill gridlock as pedestrians rule the streets.
Of course those cars do allow for driver override, so feel free to run over all those :smug: pedestrians!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Speaking of which I hate joggers that run in the middle of the road when there's a perfectly good sidewalk ten feet over.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

bongwizzard posted:

Cyclists on roads are at worst, inconsiderate and mildly annoying. Cyclists on shared trails are loving awful and the more they ring their little bells the more I want to just stand there and keep fishing. Even the loving horse people are less annoying.

You deserve death for standing in the middle of a path "fishing".

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

*uploads 'near miss' in indignant rage*

*video shows cyclist blown by slipstream from semi truck as it passes completely on the wrong side to avoid them on narrow highway ill suited to riding*

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

bongwizzard posted:

Oh god you're one of those guys that fish from a major highway bridge

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncQsBzI-JHc

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Oh god you're one of those guys that fish from a major highway bridge

bongwizzard posted:

Cyclists on shared trails are loving awful

?????

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

bongwizzard posted:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

bongwizzard posted:

Even the loving horse people are less annoying.

I hate cyclists too but lets not go crazy here

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
From what I have been reading... we just need an inch more anarchy in America before we start putting bounties on bicyclists. Most hated group since southerners, it seems.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i wil be honest with you though, as a cyclist im aware of how poo poo some people are at riding bikes i.e run red lights, bike fast on pavements etc etc but there's just as many awful awful drivers.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
*Injects pure oxygen and bull gonad extract directly into my left testicle just like my hero "drugged up biking man"*

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Forget cyclists, pedestrians that cross the road when they shouldn't be, and taking their sweet rear end time doing it. Just wanna slowly bump into them to knock them over.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

lmao this anti-helmet stuff is certainly new to me. What will goons be contrary about next? I've smashed two myself and watched my friend shatter his into billion pieces, I shudder to think what would have happened to our skulls if we'd been following gbs wisdom.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Booblord Zagats posted:

I hate cyclists too but lets not go crazy here

If the horse people were trying to take the trail at a gallop then maybe they would be as annoying. My issue with cyclists is that sometimes we are sharing a one foot wide trail with rules explicitly stating who has right of way (hint, it is never cyclists) and I have never encountered a cyclist who didn't seem to think it was their right to never slow down.

Honestly I am a huge fan of the idea that the slow should make way for the fast but it would be like me insisting on driving at a steady 80mph on a windy country road where I was pretty sure people would be riding.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

opus111 posted:

lmao this anti-helmet stuff is certainly new to me. What will goons be contrary about next? I've smashed two myself and watched my friend shatter his into billion pieces, I shudder to think what would have happened to our skulls if we'd been following gbs wisdom.

Who's anti-helmet?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

bongwizzard posted:

If the horse people were trying to take the trail at a gallop then maybe they would be as annoying. My issue with cyclists is that sometimes we are sharing a one foot wide trail with rules explicitly stating who has right of way (hint, it is never cyclists) and I have never encountered a cyclist who didn't seem to think it was their right to never slow down.

Honestly I am a huge fan of the idea that the slow should make way for the fast but it would be like me insisting on driving at a steady 80mph on a windy country road where I was pretty sure people would be riding.

I mean as a whole package. Horse people are the loving worst

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

opus111 posted:

Every single person (except me and kids, it seems like) who roller blade don't wear helmets. It's mind-boggling. The people without helmets I see are the ones on those bike share things http://bikeshare.com/

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
Man riding bikes is fun as gently caress. Except if you're that girl in Watch & Weight who was run over by two trucks, then it sucks. I got hit by one SUV and it paid off all my student loans. :D

naem
May 29, 2011

bongwizzard posted:

horse people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

This would be preferable to the reality

• Locked thread