Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Yeah, it's 2am somewhere and you're browsing SA instead of doing your loving job. So let us see your night job.

Me, I'm mining plastic in the frigid Canadian winter. It's cold as balls out here, and this poo poo is heavy.

Really putting that brilliant mind and diverse skill set to great use for the betterment of society, alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Do your loving job hippy!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I work 12 hour night shifts filling category 5 cytotoxic cancer drugs into glass vials.

PAPRs are not validated to be worn during aseptic fills, so you get exposed to all kinds of fun poo poo, even if you are wearing a bunny suit.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

MrQwerty posted:

I work 12 hour night shifts filling category 5 cytotoxic cancer drugs into glass vials.

PAPRs are not validated to be worn during aseptic fills, so you get exposed to all kinds of fun poo poo, even if you are wearing a bunny suit.

Your 12 hours is to produce drugs for the diseases I will inevitably develop from fume and dust exposure during my 12 hours. :aaaaa:

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I'm a glorified file clerk and phone jockey for a place that sells heavy machinery parts on a 24 hour basis. If the machinery breaks down, the customers lose money so I get to answer three calls a night.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I break machine parts at my job which I just got home from

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm monitoring the futures markets.

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
I work 12 hour shifts at a mill monitoring the production lines and I've got 45 minutes until I go home. Peace.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Railroad. It is snowing right now oh god please help, i haven't seen the sun in two months, I'm wiping my tears with all these wads of cash

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Does driving a train pay good money? Is it super dangerous? Do you have to know anything?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Overnight concierge/valet at a really upscale residential building in probably the quietest part of town. Nearest Bar or club is a good 15 minute drive. Not that it matters since 80% of the residents were alive during World War 2 and they're in bed before I even start my shift.

I get paid to play video games on my laptop and to buzz the newspaper guy in :toot:

I hate my job

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
Mining isn't typically the sort of job I'd associate with 'sufficient down-time for posting'. Are you idle much?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Jim Barris posted:

Mining isn't typically the sort of job I'd associate with 'sufficient down-time for posting'. Are you idle much?

He's one of the lazy workers that stand around while his co-workers work their asses off.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

He's one of the lazy workers that stand around while his co-workers work their asses off.

and then later they beat him with a bag full of soap?

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

ScrubLeague posted:

Does driving a train pay good money? Is it super dangerous? Do you have to know anything?

Very good money, over $80k just to sit on your rear end, if you're on the road. It can be dangerous, people die occasionally, but if you have the mental capacity of an insect (or greater), death is easily avoidable. Don't step between trains, don't fall off of things, don't drink on the job, etc. Everything moves at a snail's pace.. no previous knowledge required, but be prepared to get furloughed often for the first few years. Pretty sweet job

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It's a slow night over here, just finished feeding granola to our german monster that shits out floor tiles. Always feed your injection press a balanced diet with plenty of fiber, kids!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I went to college and made connections

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Robo Reagan posted:

I went to college and made connections

So how is the gloryhole whore trade working out for you?

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

i sit and watch a server that does loto transactions and make sure it doesn't gently caress up

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

So how is the gloryhole whore trade working out for you?

Great, I've been making a killing since I hired your mom

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
I'm a police, fire, ems dispatcher in a small New England town.

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
System admin for a medium sized company. Answer calls for our internal employees overseas, and idiots who should be in bed. It's like babysitting dumb people.

Pay is lousy and the commute is 45 minutes each way, I need to find other work

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I stock overnight at Target

It's pretty fun actually

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

nullEntityRNG posted:

Pay is lousy and the commute is 45 minutes each way, I need to find other work

I'm riding a motorcycle in Canada for 20 minutes each way, to make 15/hr while they refuse to pay my overtime, if it's any consolation. :v

Thread needs more poo poo job pictures. Let us bask in the glory of your workplace while the rest of the goons sleep.

Rime fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Dec 15, 2015

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Overnight fraud analyst. I check problem accounts to make sure it's not a stolen identity or some prick committing money laundering. Mostly slow and no customer interactions.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I work the night shift alone at a pretty good hotel.

Please stop checking in so late, you fuckers. I just want to watch movies and browse SA on my laptop.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

I monitor and repair the network/tolling equipment on a major highway :smug:

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
I work at a sort of apartment complex for the homeless except they aren't homeless because they live here. I get to talk to police and EMTs a lot

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Gaining five pounds as we speak :smuggo:

jeff smisek fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Dec 15, 2015

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I'm an academic but I find sunlight and casual city noises too distracting, so I only write between midnight and 6 am

Yomofo
Jun 7, 2005

by Cyrano4747
I work 12 hour night shifts as a Logistics Coordinator. I work 1/2 the days of the year for salary/health insurance/a bonus. Tomorrow is my Friday. Day shift is a bunch of bitches who talk poo poo. Night shift is hilarious because it's all the people who can't get a long with day crew, yet somehow we are all get a long with each other. I love my job and love working nights.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Yomofo posted:

I work 12 hour night shifts as a Logistics Coordinator. I work 1/2 the days of the year for salary/health insurance/a bonus. Tomorrow is my Friday. Day shift is a bunch of bitches who talk poo poo. Night shift is hilarious because it's all the people who can't get a long with day crew, yet somehow we are all get a long with each other. I love my job and love working nights.

gently caress the day crew, imo

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
I work 9-6 (pm) M-F at a well known on demand start up in NYC. We have free meals and snacks.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

what game is this

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
10 hour overnight in a group home for 8 teens with developmental disabilities and special needs. I clean the house, do a lot of laundry for kids who piss everywhere while wearing diapers anyways, and they all have to be at school by 9am which is when my shift ends, so I have to wake em up, shower, dress, feed and get them all ready, and mind you some of these fuckers are super picky eaters or steal food, meanwhile coordinating the two different bus pick-up times for those that go off our campus for school, then walk those that go to our school.

ive mopped up more piss and poo poo than any preschool teacher, some of the tards like to suddenly get violent and literally try to kill you, ive been sexually assaulted even more than straight up slapped (very frequent, im a small female and they're sexually aggravated a lot), and ive caught several nasty as poo poo illnesses from these walking petri dishes like the flu that turned into bronchitis and put me in the hospital last christmas eve and loving pink eye....

im underpaid because my state is broke and hates social services. sometimes it's fine and the kids are good, but most of the time i just want to go curl up in my bed and hide under a blanket and get a regular-ish social life again.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Away all Goats posted:

what game is this

spyro 2

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

IT at a newspaper. I'm just here in case something goes wrong. 99% of the problems can be fixed remotely but the boss thinks you should be AT WORK so I sit here waiting for the phone to ring.

The phone never rings.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Yomofo posted:

When you stick a dozen miserable assholes and I'll assume drunks together, they tend to get along pretty easy because there's no wimps around to call them out on being a jerk.

Yomofo
Jun 7, 2005

by Cyrano4747

The American Dream posted:

When you stick a dozen miserable assholes and I'll assume drunks together, they tend to get along pretty easy because there's no wimps around to call them out on being a jerk.

Pretty accurate. Day crew isn't wimps though, they are bitches. This is my 1st office politics jobs. Nights is under investigation for cheating/not doing work, because day crews #s are so bad. I have to explain why I'm doing too good. Also, they like to fire shots over minor poo poo through e-mails to the bosses. The retaliation is worth it though, you make them look retarded and the higher ups don't give a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ricardio
Dec 3, 2012

Completely Consensual
I've been working shifts for 2 years. Weekly rotation of days, nights and afternoons. Mandatory OT. I've worked 180 hours of OT since April 26th.

Sure, I love having a job. It pays OK. But I have absolutely no sort of life and I'm thinking about just dying instead lol

• Locked thread