Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Congrats on Rule 5ing Todd Breen for the 2nd time in 4 seasons just to immediately risk losing him again Art, you weird man

I don't need him. I barely even looked at the rule 5 guys, my roster is basically complete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

ArtVandelay posted:

I don't need him. I barely even looked at the rule 5 guys, my roster is basically complete.

:shrek:

edit: this season is off to a cracking start. My pitching threw 9 no-hit innings before losing in extras. GREAT.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Dec 23, 2015

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Somebody give me an update on what happened to chip steele/james page/john swindell/rob romero

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Chip still manages to avoid the trainer's room and put up 305/412/566 last year. He made the All-Star team and won a GG in LF. He's arb eligible now and is about to become a very wealthy fake baseball player. Page went on an inhuman tear for about 7 weeks last year on his way to 68 bombs and an MVP award. Swindell was a swingman last year, putting up 140 innings even though he only had 8 starts. His K/BB ratio remains excellent, so his future as a starter depends on how deep he can get into games. Romero spent last year as the #4 starter, putting up respectable numbers and getting 14 wins. With mediocre pitches other than his fastball and a tendency to elevate, he's gonna give up his share of bombs, but otherwise will be a solid and reliable starter for a long time.

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Fortunately, the people found a mighty Rosenthal, called Trevor.

Is HOF voting broken for anyone else? If so I suspect voter turnout will be a record low...

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

gyroball posted:

Is HOF voting broken for anyone else? If so I suspect voter turnout will be a record low...

Yeah it's been broken since it first opened for me.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

gyroball posted:

I don't think anyone can vote.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Three rookie hitters making the big squad. Hope this works!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Meet your Season 34 Yaksmen!

Hoping for great years from Sanders and Weinhardt again, This should be a very good offense.

This should be a much improved pitching staff. After 20 games, Braulio Canseco joins the big club, as well as probably Benji Peraza.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
Meet the Barons, meet the Barons, step right up and beat the Barons

Maybe it doesn't work as well with a two syllable team name.

Anyhow, here's your S34 Chicago Barons

Lineup

Pitching

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Of course the first game is an extra inning affair. Yay for the newly rich Yasiel Gonzalez!

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
This is definitely the season I go 162-0

e: drat, dream's dead

Devo fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Dec 31, 2015

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.

Devo posted:

This is definitely the season I go 0-162

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
3-0 is not how I expected to start out this season

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

0-4 in one-run affairs thru 7 games :thumbsup:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

This is the most dead i've ever seen these threads

Scrotos, looks like you left Clemens at the wrong time. With 3 games left, i've got 101 wins and i'm going to win the division.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

This is the most dead i've ever seen these threads

Scrotos, looks like you left Clemens at the wrong time. With 3 games left, i've got 101 wins and i'm going to win the division.

it's because they've killed interest in the game with changes and an even-worse UI (in this man's opinion)

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

nasboat posted:

it's because they've killed interest in the game with changes and an even-worse UI (in this man's opinion)

Agreed that they've done a terrible job, and won't even give the choice for an old UI view.

I can't quit now, though. Not when i've made a team like I have in Clemens.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

nasboat posted:

sounds about right

lol at the Alex Ransom trade

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

nasboat posted:

I hate the fuzzy scouting numbers way more than the new UI, but the world I play on has lost a lot of dudes that have been around for 20-30 seasons because of it.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
.195/.261/.339 as a team through 14 games is some magnificent stuff, fellas

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Yeah I'm done except for Dimaggio, these changes couldn't have been more effective at killing interest if they'd been designed that way.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So here is my Clemens team that just won 104 games. Proof that I occasionally can plan long term. Thank god I never traded Brian Jodie or Jaret Fox.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
I'm probably going to drop back to just mordecai and dimaggio. and mordecai only because I have a young group of talent that I'm attached to.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

WiS changed the edit rosters screen to look the same on both mobile and desktop, so if you want desktop to go back to having pitchers and hitters on the same screen like a sane person, go to Admin -> User Settings and changes edit rosters desktop back to classic

I don't know why they forced this change but that's the antidote

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Sure is nice the only player on my team who can hit at all is a 20 year old rookie.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

ThatsMyBoye posted:

WiS changed the edit rosters screen to look the same on both mobile and desktop, so if you want desktop to go back to having pitchers and hitters on the same screen like a sane person, go to Admin -> User Settings and changes edit rosters desktop back to classic

I don't know why they forced this change but that's the antidote

This is the second time it happened for me which is confusing.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

AlleyViper posted:

This is the second time it happened for me which is confusing.

FWIW this hasn't happened to me at all.

Also, this is the latest in a season I've ever finished filling out my minor leagues for sure. I'm a horrible monster etc etc. Probably wouldn't have even done it today except I had a few guys get injured.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So this is a thing that just happened to me in the first round of the Clemens playoffs. My team committed all sorts of errors and let in bunches of unearned runs and my entire pitching staff blew it. I do love losing by the same score, HBD has a sick sense of humor.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

gently caress Peter Ogawa

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

as of now my final season will be season 39

these changes and other stupid things aren't making me think I'll change my mind by the time these 5 extra seasons run out

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Is there any accidental setting I could have turned on that would have the game keep deactivating all my AAA relievers?

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

You'll want to check here

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

HeinieLaker.png

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Please god bring on the draft prospects, I'm excited for my first draft pick that actually means something since Nate Floyd in S22.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Reminder that I still have four comp players available in FA so someone go ahead and sign them before the draft prospects come up

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Looks like we got ourselves another Chip Steele situation at the top of this draft, boys :clint:

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Remember, scouting is intentionally much fuzzier now.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

saintonan posted:

Remember, scouting is intentionally much fuzzier now.

Yeah it's kind of annoying because almost none of these players look usable, but I don't know how reliable the info is even at 20 mil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

Devo posted:

Yeah it's kind of annoying because almost none of these players look usable, but I don't know how reliable the info is even at 20 mil

Which makes zero sense in terms of the game! Like we hired the best scouts we can and were not sure we can trust them.

• Locked thread