Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
Maybe this can be the season when Haywood Cameron wins the MVP award? I mean, .282/.358/.524 with 23 dingers and a 36/3 sb/cs ratio with plus defense up the middle has gotta be pretty good, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
Quite the diverse AL CYA ballot.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Having wins be a major criteria is kinda dumb.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Just noticed Gabe Mintz set the record for most career plus plays by a shortstop, yay Mintyfresh \:unsmith:/

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
So can Tampa be removed in between seasons or are we a de facto public league now?

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Despite having only played 49 big league games and no redeemable offensive quality beyond 98 power, Bernie Lopez is two dingers away from having the third most on my team.

I, uh....may need to address some power in the offseason.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Devo posted:

So can Tampa be removed in between seasons or are we a de facto public league now?

I can ask that he not return but I don't know what I can do beyond that as he joined when we were public

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

ThatsMyBoye posted:

I can ask that he not return but I don't know what I can do beyond that as he joined when we were public

Isn't he breaking fair play guidelines?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Yeah public/private doesn't matter. One of the FP guidelines is 80 or more games at .250 winning percentage or lower. He's way below that. He can be ToS bounced at any time.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Ah yes lifting the 3-season wait for advanced roster editing years after they probably should've, good times

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I think this is my last season with Dimaggio. I've lost interest in everyone except for Terrence Weinhardt, and I know i'm never going to get anywhere. I'm probably just going to play Clemens from now on.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Hey now don't forget you'll always have Cody Roos...oh

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

quote:

We have some unfortunate news for you: Vladimir Cruz at the ML level will be out about 83 HBD days stemming from his recent injury [Elbow, tendinitis]. A trip to the 60-Day Disabled List is recommended. We'll let you know if anything changes on the road to recovery. Good luck!!!

Welp, so much for this season, so long you inexplicably reliable and good pitcher

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Devo posted:

:lol: His passive aggressive comment after waiving Sizemore.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Tavarin posted:

It's funny because I would have totally traded for him at least a month ago if not longer, and people with better value to give than me may have done the same. I could definitely use someone with his skillset but I'm not going to give up any assets at this point for a pitcher that can't even go in the playoffs.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

Devo posted:

It's funny because I would have totally traded for him at least a month ago if not longer, and people with better value to give than me may have done the same. I could definitely use someone with his skillset but I'm not going to give up any assets at this point for a pitcher that can't even go in the playoffs.

Yeah, I also enjoy him using his stamina as an excuse earlier when he put Sizemore in that situation by starting the season with 3 man rotation for no apparent reason. He couldn't be any more obvious in trying to tank to get a top pick.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

He won't be back. I'll politely ask him not to return and if he refuses I'll have him removed on fair play guidelines.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Tavarin posted:

What's the play here from a waiver perspective? I'd volunteer to pick him up (at 5th priority) and trade him back to whoever takes over Tampa for a rookie league lifer or something but he's a free agent after this season.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

The only real implication with Sizemore is that he may choose to re-sign, which could be a boon for whatever franchise gets him off waivers.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Hm. 40-game losing streak. That somehow snuck up on me.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Hmm, maybe I should just take over his team instead of leaving. I bet I could make it into a winner in just a few seasons.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Also Sizemore takes a potential ratings hit with every claim.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

AlleyViper posted:

The only real implication with Sizemore is that he may choose to re-sign, which could be a boon for whatever franchise gets him off waivers.

I'm just mentioning it because I want to do the right thing for whoever takes over for the team next (if I'm the top claim) but at the same time I don't want to pass up on a free asset.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

He's very likely to test FA in the offseason, and he hasn't really been all that good since S31. It might be worth it to get the comp pick for him, but otherwise he's more of a curiosity than an actual asset.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

He could totally tank at rollover because of spending most of the season in AAA. Which sucks because he's a cool guy. I wouldn't give up anything more than a funny name for him at this point.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Disclosure that I'm making roster moves for Vancouver until season's end just to set it up tidily for next season's owner, greyking won't be back.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I only just realized that New York is hanging with me, CJL and everyone in the WC race due to getting career years from four of his pitchers (one of whom is rapidly declining), despite playing a left handed CF at third base (and getting commensurate defensive production out of him) while playing a perfectly capable 3B at 2B and 2B at CF.

Sometimes I just don't understand this game.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Gyro sure has taken some hits to his rotation in the last week+...

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

:lol: Sweep 4 games Seattle and the next game lose to Portland, breaking their 50 game losing streak.

Oh HBD.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Tavarin posted:

:lol: Sweep 4 games Seattle and the next game lose to Portland, breaking their 50 game losing streak.

Oh HBD.

The Barons appreciate your service, the only way my team is making it to the second round is with a first round bye

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

With another nice 4-4 overnight, 38 year old DH Sammy Villafuerte raises his line on the season to .333/.384/.538. The Pittsburgh organization will be withholding any AL MVP votes until he gains his place on the ballot.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

everyone is fired this is bullshit

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

AV, what have you been feeding JT Matthews?

Having clinched homefield in the NL, I'm skipping JT's last start. He'll finish with the second best single season ERA in world history, second best WHIP, second best OAV, either first or second best OBP depending on how the trailing decimal falls, and either 3rd or 4th best slugging. Not too shabby.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

I can't really blame you for resting him, but your series is critical to the NL playoffs.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

It's not like I'm throwing out AAA scrubs in his place, the top guy on the CYA ballot is starting game 1.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

lol nl wild card

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Here's the thing about the NL West: I hate it

+

Payroll Information
Players: $66.6M

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

ThatsMyBoye posted:

+

Payroll Information

:black101:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Second tougest division in baseball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

AlleyViper posted:

It's not like I'm throwing out AAA scrubs in his place, the top guy on the CYA ballot is starting game 1.

Yeah wasn't implying you'd be throwing the games, just pointing out that you're part of a race coming down to the wire.

ThatsMyBoye posted:

+

Payroll Information

Mine's 64.1M. Someday I'll have enough money to get to the Devil's Payroll number.

Scenario for PM2:

Three games matter: SCZ@COL, NY2@CLE, BOS@SWB

SCZ wins all ties (note that COL and SCZ cannot tie)
BOS wins ties against COL @ NY2
COL wins ties against NY2
NY2 loses all ties

The winner of SCZ@COL wins the division and a bye (wtf at me having a shot at a bye a week or a month ago).
NY2 clinches a WC with a win. If they lose, they'll lose a tiebreaker to someone and be out.
BOS clinches a WC with a win, or a loss and a NY2 loss.
SCZ clinches a WC with a loss and either a BOS or NY2 loss.

• Locked thread