Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

vug posted:

the only people who ever say video games are for children are either old and irrelevant or they play some obnoxious video game substitute like board games and fancy themselves superior somehow

Pinterest gypsies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot
Because the real world sucks and playing games is fun?

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Blazing Ownager posted:

I have to admit it's as silly as referring to yourself as a "Movier."

"film buff" lol

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
When I'm at the pearly gates
This'll be on my video game
My video game
My video game

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
video games should be for old people, when you're young you gotta live it up but when you're old it doesn't matter any more

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
So now instead of playing games i just listen to youtube videos of people playing games. i even watched a video of Legend of Zelda link to the past, and i got bored/tired just watching it.

But that was like my favorite game back when i was a kid.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Entertainment is dumb and child-like. The OP is entertainment.

Aug 4, 2010

Ape Fist posted:

hahahah here's a good who agrees w/ u op!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTdgHsifK38

look at this guy

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Ape Fist posted:

hahahah here's a good who agrees w/ u op!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTdgHsifK38

This guy looks like a hipster version of William "D-Fens" Foster.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
because there isnt anything particularly controversial about adults buying and using consumer electronics?

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Blazing Ownager posted:

I have to admit it's as silly as referring to yourself as a "Movier."

It's worse if a bunch of women-hating fucknuts with no concept, no concept at all, of what they actually want started going to the movie theater and making GBS threads all over the seats and floor while grabbing the attendant's rear end and calling themselves movie fanatics. That is what Gamergate is.

Who knew that the future of American Conservatism was just sitting behind computer screens all day not interacting with the human race, make you think.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Who knew that the future of American Conservatism was just sitting behind computer screens all day not interacting with the human race

good

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
if you literally get any sort of enjoyment out of anything in life youre literally a manchild hth

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i dont consider it a hobby but like one or two games come out each year that i want to play and so i do. it's not a big deal :shrug: i waste way more time on even stupider things

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
That's why I only play videogames with sex and violence in them, OP. There's nothing more grown up than sex and violence.
Could a child fully enjoy a pair of juicy CGI boobies? I don't think so :smug:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

hey op guess what? i put ketchup on hotdogs :smug:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

remember when that goon posted a "lol if you" thread about how if you wear swim trunks instead of speedos you are a literal child?

goons are hosed up

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

A misanthrope posted:

what in the actual gently caress?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Libelous Slander posted:

what in the actual gently caress?

sometimes i eat steaks well done

fight me

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

A misanthrope posted:

lol if you don't exclusively put spicy brown mustard on hotdogs. Just. loving. LOL.

You are basically a food baby.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Applewhite posted:

lol if you don't exclusively put spicy brown mustard on hotdogs. Just. loving. LOL.

You are basically a food baby.

food baby here wahhh wahhh rollin in my own ketchup poops :shrek:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

A misanthrope posted:

food baby here wahhh wahhh rollin in my own ketchup poops :shrek:

Stop it! Stop that right now!

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Once in a while I eat chicken nuggets, and I like them

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

A misanthrope posted:

sometimes i eat steaks well done

fight me

you loving monster

e: next I bet you'll be saying you put beans in chili. or pineapple on your pizza!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Applewhite posted:

Stop it! Stop that right now!

im putting pineapple on my pizza! NO ONE CAN STOP ME HAHAHAHAHA

Libelous Slander posted:

you loving monster

e: next I bet you'll be saying you put beans in chili. or pineapple on your pizza!

pls see above RE: my reign of terror

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Libelous Slander posted:

you loving monster

I put beans in my turkey chili and also eat pineapple on pizza.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

Applewhite posted:

I put beans in my turkey chili

sounds like bean soup with turkey in it.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
goons are all immature, emotionally stunted adults but they think theyre the one person posting here who isnt. that's why you see so many "lol if you disagree with <inane opinion about some insignificant rear end poo poo>" threads as if they are the truest bestest of all the goons.

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

ArmZ posted:

you are allowed to play one (1) and only one game regularly as an adult, and it has to be one you played as a kid.

I'm an old and this is exactly what I do.

With the exception that I also sometimes play Call of Duty with my son.

Your premise is silly, op

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Libelous Slander posted:

sounds like bean soup with turkey in it.

And Chicago deep dish "pizza" sounds like a casserole served in a shallow bread bowl but we don't always get to pick what food is called.

For reals though I don't understand the basis of the school of thought that rejects beans from chili. By the same logic that rejects beans from chili, the only true "sandwiches" are ones that featured ingredients included in the prototypes created by Gerald Lord Sandwich.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

thathonkey posted:

goons are all immature, emotionally stunted adults but they think theyre the one person posting here who isnt. that's why you see so many "lol if you disagree with <inane opinion about some insignificant rear end poo poo>" threads as if they are the truest bestest of all the goons.
basically certain GBS dwellers are so insecure and crippled by social anxiety that they desperately latch on to anything, anything at all that might conceivably give them a slight edge of superiority over some other group of people in any possible way

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

Applewhite posted:

And Chicago deep dish "pizza" sounds like a casserole served in a shallow bread bowl but we don't always get to pick what food is called.

For reals though I don't understand the basis of the school of thought that rejects beans from chili. By the same logic that rejects beans from chili, the only true "sandwiches" are ones that featured ingredients included in the prototypes created by Gerald Lord Sandwich.

english muffin is NOT an acceptable bread medium for a sandwich.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Libelous Slander posted:

english muffin is NOT an acceptable bread medium for a sandwich.

lol if you eat bacon egg and cheese sandwiches between anything besides two slices of English muffin.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

Applewhite posted:

lol if you eat bacon egg and cheese sandwiches between anything besides two slices of English muffin.

bagel supremacy.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
english muffins are ok but southern style biscuits are the one true item for turning breakfast food into a sandwich. bagels are good too.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

basically certain GBS dwellers are so insecure and crippled by social anxiety that they desperately latch on to anything, anything at all that might conceivably give them a slight edge of superiority over some other group of people in any possible way

is that why there are always 10 active threads whining about sjws?

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
The games I like are unhealthy, wind me up and stressful.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Libelous Slander posted:

bagel supremacy.

Bagels are great but the whole in the middle lets all the yolk run out. That makes them sub nominal for egg sandwiches.

thathonkey posted:

english muffins are ok but southern style biscuits are the one true item for turning breakfast food into a sandwich. bagels are good too.

Southern Style Biscuits would be perfect if you could consistently get one with the right texture. Unfortunately, biscuits are not as reliable as English muffins and unless you know the quality of the biscuit beforehand, you run the risk of the biscuit crumbling to pieces after the first bite.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

hey applewhite i ate ur mom's egg sandwich last night but i'm not here to make fun of u i'm scared that i'm carrying ur brother in my stomach now like in junior when arnold ate ur mom's egg sandwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Applewhite posted:

Southern Style Biscuits would be perfect if you could consistently get one with the right texture. Unfortunately, biscuits are not as reliable as English muffins and unless you know the quality of the biscuit beforehand, you run the risk of the biscuit crumbling to pieces after the first bite.

hrmm, yeah, this is a fair criticism. a lot of the time southern biscuits are waaaay too hard.

• Locked thread