Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
It is whenever the Republicans are having their convention, gently caress you, I'm not looking it up. Nobody has won enough delegates, and now there is going to be a floor fight. Except some Democrats have snuck in too, oh no! Also nobody can tell who anyone else is because it's a Mafia game.

GOP Presidential Primary Mafia is a 14 player game. Here are the rules:
  • Don't be a dink.
  • No cheating, come on, you know what cheating is, don't do it.
  • Town wins when no scum remain. Scum win when they control 50% + 1 of the vote.
  • If time expires on a day without a hammer, whoever has the most votes will be lynched. I don't like it when you have to dogpile on at sundown to avoid a no-lynch and it's my game, so we're not doing that.

I'm not entirely sure this game is balanced! I made it up because I thought up a funny role that made me laugh and then I had fun writing powers for the other candidates too. I think this will be fun, please join this game if you enjoy fun.

Important note: I have deliberately included candidates who have either already dropped out or in fact were never running at all this year among the town, because otherwise flavor-claiming would have been way too powerful.

Sign up and post your contact information if you don't have PMs, you know the drill.

PLAYERS:
  1. AnonymousNarcotics
  2. CapitalistPig
  3. EXAKT Science
  4. garthoneeye
  5. Hal Incandenza
  6. imgay
  7. King Sin
  8. Max
  9. Opopanax
  10. PERPETUAL IDIOT
  11. Pinterest Mom
  12. SirSamVimes
  13. spacing in vienna
  14. VivaNova

Results
Day 1: AnonymousNarcotics aka Mike Huckabee, Town Cop, was lynched
Night 1: spacing in vienna aka Jeb! Bush, Town Vanilla, was nightkilled
Day 2: EXAKT Science aka Ben Carson, Pathological Liar, Town Magical Thinker was lynched
Night 2: CapitalistPig aka Carly Fiorina, Woman Waging The War On Women, Town Tracker, was killed during the night
Day 3: Pinterest Mom aka Hillary Clinton, Front-runner, Scum Godfather Ninja, was lynched
Night 3: Hal Incandenza aka Ted Cruz, Procedural Tantrum-Thrower, Town Lynchproof and Opopanax aka Chris Christie, Obstructionist Bully, Town Jailer were killed during the night

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Make me fellow Canadian Ted Cruz

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I will play with the caveat that I'm traveling around for the Holidays, so expect bad opinions expressed as vitriolic truth with no regard for reality.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Bernie! Bernie! Bernie!

Am I in the right place?

(this is a sign up)

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can't stump the Trump

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I'll join.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
A third of the way there, let's go signups let's go :dance:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lindsey Graham confirmed crazy

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

hyoooge scumtells

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jeb!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bobby Jindal!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Holy poo poo, I'm an idiot. Town do not win with 50% + 1 of the vote. Town win when no scum remain. Did anyone actually read the rules and if so was anyone gonna call me on it or were you guys waiting to draw town and then immediately claim victory or what.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

People read the rules for these?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was hoping to start the game and have town autowin tbh

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

imgay posted:

I was hoping to start the game and have town autowin tbh
I mean that's fair, I can't blame you

Max
Nov 30, 2002

In politics, as in war, you allow your enemy (the mod) to follow through on their mistake.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SirSamVimes posted:

People read the rules for these?

poo poo, I don't even read posts

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I read it, but just figured it was a typo and would work itself out.

Voila! Strategy successful!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

We need more people, I feel unloved :(

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
I love you. I will join your fun game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I guess since viva is playing ill have to join and actually make effort *sigh*

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CapitalistPig posted:

I guess since viva is playing ill have to join and actually make effort *sigh*

I'm going to vote you for playing differently fyi

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

I'm going to vote you for playing differently fyi

Pfffft you've already posted more in this game than you normally would all game so maybe we should be keeping an eye on you

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Pfffft you've already posted more in this game than you normally would all game so maybe we should be keeping an eye on you

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
I just signed up for two other games and I told myself two was my limit, dammit.

And yet.

Can I sign up with my own win condition? Like, I don't care if I'm scum or town -- I'm playing to get as many of the candidates and attendees trapped inside the conference center as possible, and then I'm gonna burn that poo poo down. Is that acceptable?

At the very least, I'm going to be a lyncher for Ted Cruz, whether or not he's on my loving team.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I have no comment on if alternate win conditions exist :)

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow CapnAndy just announced a new secret role in Heroes of the Storm.

https://battle.net/recruit/M78MGNVKFL

Start playing today to find out this bonus tidbit!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

No use my link

https://battle.net/recruit/VCNBRDS5FH

I told imgay he could be Reagan because we ended up playing hots together, here is the secret Reagan role

You are Ronald Reagan, Force Ghost! You have a power! Your power is to hover ineffectually over everything Republicans do until the end of time, being endlessly invoked even though you were a pretty lovely president really.

You have no win condition because you are fukken dead.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hosed up, your supposed to find that out in Hots

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Andy I now respect you as a fellow hots player

King Sin
Aug 19, 2008
let me play please

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Andy I challenge u to a hots duel

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

King Sin posted:

let me play please
I will let everyone play when we get three more people!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ill play

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

The sooner we get two more people, the sooner I have to sully my search history by finding pictures of all the candidates to put in the role PMs. I'm suffering for my art here, people.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Putin just endorsed Trump.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
I'd like to play.

King Sin
Aug 19, 2008
I found a video of our next president
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K0sRkvX4KE

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bernie Sanders aligned Feel The bBern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Someone sign up c'moooooooon

• Locked thread