Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Chinatown posted:

perhaps the terrorists are correct

we are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Chinatown posted:

perhaps the terrorists are correct

we deserved 9/11

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

just put the solar panels on top of the garbage dump, thats land you can't use for anything else and its prettier than a garbage dump

i don't understand americans who think that solar cells make a place look uglier though, have you seen an american shop? they're enormous concrete bricks with hideous signage floating like detritus amidst a sea of enormous car parks. and they're cool with them?

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

chaosbreather posted:

just put the solar panels on top of the garbage dump, thats land you can't use for anything else and its prettier than a garbage dump

i don't understand americans who think that solar cells make a place look uglier though, have you seen an american shop? they're enormous concrete bricks with hideous signage floating like detritus amidst a sea of enormous car parks. and they're cool with them?

Because there's a Cinnabon and or Wetzel's Pretzels inside all those hideous buildings. If solar and wind farms also housed Cinnabons America would be off fossil fuels tomorrow.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

chaosbreather posted:

Um idiot, the solar panels take away all the sun light, it's a limited resource and we shouldn't waste it by using solar panels.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

A town council in North Carolina rejected plans to rezone land for a solar farm after residents voiced fears it would cause cancer, stop plants from growing and suck up all the energy from the sun.

Was the project being proposed by a super villain, or a Bond villain?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Blazing Ownager posted:

No, The Man with the Golden Gun involved solar power heavily but it was not to cause cancer.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

to be fair the sun does cause horrible cancer

gently caress you the sun

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

ShaqDiesel posted:

Haha Rufus' unemployed rear end just got run.

:hfive:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

OP don't you think linking to huffpost and calling people retards in the same post is kinda throwing stones in glass houses

anyway lol money quote

Lol

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Blazing Ownager posted:

It was me. I got a lot of courage after I posted that thread I made and I am now on a dark path.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
I live by a big solar field in Wisconsin, poo poo is retarded. The owner will never break even on energy invested and has 8000 employees who all come to work in individual cars lol.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Fitzy Fitz posted:

They didn't reject it because of that one crazy lady's opinion. That's just the most sensational part of the story the media's been able to find.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
to stop climate chang

1) giant mirror (glass the middle east)
2) depopulation (the green dream)
3) ruminant gas-capture (gbs)

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Put a Dyson sphere around the sun, that'll show 'em

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

ShaqDiesel posted:

Haha Rufus' unemployed rear end just got run.

I work nights and sleep days son. For almost 20 years I have been a swing shift scumbag who doesn't know wtf Noon is.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

chaosbreather posted:

for many decades, "urban renewal" in the US meant "tear down everything and build something that is in vogue" which is why historically nice areas are just horrible mishmashes of brutalism and that weird upbeat 2010s style

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
huffington post is great if you want to read nonsense

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Rolo posted:

Boone good.

Rest of NC bad.

ftfy

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

chaosbreather posted:

to be fair the sun does cause horrible cancer

gently caress you the sun

you couldn't get the sun approved in today's nanny-state political climate

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

EngineerSean posted:

Put a Dyson sphere around the sun, that'll show 'em

*Diameter of Dyson Sphere encompasses Earth's Orbit*

"D'oh!"

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Um idiot, the solar panels take away all the sun light, it's a limited resource and we shouldn't waste it by using solar panels.

To be fair this is the same kind of logic telecoms use to extort money out of the internet

Applewhite posted:

*Diameter of Dyson Sphere encompasses Earth's Orbit*

"D'oh!"

Maybe they thought Highlander II was a documentary

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
solar power is a waste of time

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
My Christmas lights are solar powered! Do I have the cancer?

I'm gonna take a long walk off a short pier today and post about it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

OP reads huffpo.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
People don't understand that God will help us if the world is actually warming and fossil fuels are his gift to us to fuel our lives, not drilling for oil is spitting in Gods face and then the terrorist win.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Oil is a gift from God.

*God puts all the oil in communist and muslim countries*

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Oil is a gift from God.

*God puts all the oil in communist and muslim countries*

God helps those who help themselves, this is just a test.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Basically a single quack says crazy poo poo at a town meeting. The council straight up tells him he is wrong, but rejects the solar panels on completely unrelated grounds. HuffPo publishes article titles "Solar Farm Rejected Amid Fears It Will 'Suck Up The Sun's Energy'" which isn't technically a lie because they don't straight up say the rejection is related to the fear of the lone crazy person. LOL, gently caress HuffPo and anyone else running with this bullshit.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
HuffPo makes money by saying stupid poo poo to stupid people, knowing they will believe it. Capitalism!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Germstore posted:

Basically a single quack says crazy poo poo at a town meeting. The council straight up tells him he is wrong, but rejects the solar panels on completely unrelated grounds. HuffPo publishes article titles "Solar Farm Rejected Amid Fears It Will 'Suck Up The Sun's Energy'" which isn't technically a lie because they don't straight up say the rejection is related to the fear of the lone crazy person. LOL, gently caress HuffPo and anyone else running with this bullshit.

gently caress you dilweed, even one quack talking about solar panels stealing the sun means your town is an idiot town

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

gently caress you dilweed, even one quack talking about solar panels stealing the sun means your town is an idiot town

Never been to a town hall meeting I see. Maybe you should participate more in local politics.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Too bad the solar farm doesn't suck the energy out of the sun because at least we'd quickly die off as the earth became an ice ball.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Germstore posted:

Never been to a town hall meeting I see. Maybe you should participate more in local politics.

I've been to 3 and they were all fine :colbert:

maybe live somewhere better

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

Agreed with the caveat that if that person is booed and shamed out of the town hall by the rest of the constituents then the town is redeemed.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

I've been to 3 and they were all fine :colbert:

maybe live somewhere better

Were all the meetings about the rash of FedEx package thefts?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i love my dead gay sun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Fitzy Fitz posted:

They didn't reject it because of that one crazy lady's opinion. That's just the most sensational part of the story the media's been able to find.

this is exactly why you're not supposed to read poo poo like huffington post, op

• Locked thread