Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Weise! :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Stars not playing well.

Not happy, but the game isn't in anyone's favor yet

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Im home and there is lots of hockey!

Go Hawks, Habs, Flyers, Bolts, Perds, Jets, Oilers, Jackets, and most importantly

Go Cats

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Finding it hilarious that AV is putting two rooke defensemen on the penalty kill at times but heyyyy can't be as bad as Staal

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
I love Chris scoreburn

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Well thank God for the buffer I guess.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Bozak you weak

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wait did I hear that right? Varlamov has only one regulation loss against Chicago?

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
watching Jake and Cooter play together is all sorts of awesome.

Edit: gently caress.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Skinner so good :(

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Furnaceface posted:

Im home and there is lots of hockey!

Go Hawks, Habs, Flyers, Bolts, Perds, Jets, Oilers, Jackets, and most importantly

Go Cats

:3:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
get outplayed for the first 18 minutes of the period, score on a nothing chance.

Dallas Stars / Colorado Avalanche hockey

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
The Blues are full of players who cannot loving finish except Tarasenko. It makes me sick. Go Jets.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Furnaceface posted:

Wait did I hear that right? Varlamov has only one regulation loss against Chicago?

I didn't hear that, but he's stood on his head many, many times against us

Kale
May 14, 2010

Brandon Proust posted:

On the upside, maybe Condon will be our starting goalie for the next game?

He's at least functional and not a tiny man, makes some tough stops, things you need to potentially win in the NHL.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

skinner good

flyers bad

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
The unstoppable Jeff Skinner

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mike_V posted:

The Blues are full of players who cannot loving finish except Tarasenko. It makes me sick. Go Jets.

What happened to Hitchcock? He always seemed like a good coach but seems to have lost the team (and his coaching sense) this year.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
that is not where the net is, miller...

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
score a goal, jerks

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

This Islanders game is like a turd in a hallway.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Honestly, I think the GOP debate is preferable to SportsNet intermissions...

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Q might want to put the line without Brandon Mashinter on it against MacKinnon

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

What happened to Hitchcock? He always seemed like a good coach but seems to have lost the team (and his coaching sense) this year.
Hes still really good, hes coaching fine and the Blues arent big underachievers or anything.

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers

Stretch Marx posted:

It's what I watched instead of CSN's intermission discussions. There is no correct choice.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

jesus christ these refs are calling everything

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ummagumma posted:

Q might want to put the line without Brandon Mashinter on it against MacKinnon

Manshitter, Rozsival and Scuderi would be best played... well never but if they have to be on the ice at least make it against the Avs 4th line or something.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Take the lead and keep it, Stars.:toot:

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Hes still really good, hes coaching fine and the Blues arent big underachievers or anything.

You are an insane person and I wish Ottawa would have a series of first round exits where they lose to a worse team for 4 years in a row.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Furnaceface posted:

He's a good coach but he's always been kinda more defensive oriented and it's hard to win a lot with a team that's kind of big on defense and alright on offense

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mark Scheifele is good and awesome. So is Mathieu Perreault.

I really hope Jets management is smart enough to keep them both.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Furnaceface posted:

Manshitter, Rozsival and Scuderi would be best played... well never but if they have to be on the ice at least make it against the Avs 4th line or something.

They weren't particularly good, but really the blue line as a whole has gotten slower over the years and it shows against a team like the Avs. Toftbo-Seabrook struggling to keep up (most evident on that desperate hold by #7)

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Third period should be interesting. I don't think the Leafs know how to play with a lead.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ummagumma posted:

They weren't particularly good, but really the blue line as a whole has gotten slower over the years and it shows against a team like the Avs. Toftbo-Seabrook struggling to keep up (most evident on that desperate hold by #7)

Keith is still a magician with the puck at least. TVR doesnt look too bad most nights either. :unsmith:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Stretch Marx posted:

Well, one features the loud, angry, xenophobic opinions of rich unqualified assholes mixed with a bunch of meaningless platitudes and the other is on CNN.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Down 3, goalie pulled at 5:30 left in the third.

Yeah, go for it.

I actually agree with a decision by Jack Capuano.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Mike_V posted:

You are an insane person and I wish Ottawa would have a series of first round exits where they lose to a worse team for 4 years in a row.
Buddy youre about a decade late on that one

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Well, one features the loud, angry, xenophobic opinions of rich unqualified assholes mixed with a bunch of meaningless platitudes and the other is on CNN.

But who's worst: Wolf Blitzer or Nick Kypreos?

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Furnaceface posted:

Keith is still a magician with the puck at least. TVR doesnt look too bad most nights either. :unsmith:

I would feel better about TVR if he was a third pairing guy...he was getting toasted pretty bad possession wise the past few weeks, especially on the road where Q couldn't dictate the matchups. Lot of BHAS posters bemoan the road record, and I think his inability to solidify the top four is a big part of that (along with our parade of 4th line forwards). Although it's really a moot point as the Hawks don't have any better options right now. :smith: Keith can cover up for his deficiencies better than Seabrook, at least, and they did ok together before TVR's hundredth injury last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers

Stretch Marx posted:

But who's worst: Wolf Blitzer or Nick Kypreos?

:suicide:

• Locked thread