Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Ughhh ive got some coin flip decisions and could use a push in one way or another:

QB:
Brees vs. DET
OR
Bortles vs. ATL

RB, 1 PPR:
Tim Hightower vs. DET
OR
Charmander vs. BAL

I may be overthinking this, but I feel like Brees may put up a wet fart, even in the Superdome. Bort had been solid as hell and has a cake matchup.

Same on the RB front...Hightower got crazy volume last week but is still a mediocre player at best. If Ware doesn't go, I definitely go Charmander right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Mikey Purp posted:

Ughhh ive got some coin flip decisions and could use a push in one way or another:

QB:
Brees vs. DET
OR
Bortles vs. ATL

RB, 1 PPR:
Tim Hightower vs. DET
OR
Charmander vs. BAL

I may be overthinking this, but I feel like Brees may put up a wet fart, even in the Superdome. Bort had been solid as hell and has a cake matchup.

Same on the RB front...Hightower got crazy volume last week but is still a mediocre player at best. If Ware doesn't go, I definitely go Charmander right?

Bortles for sure. Charmander if Ware is out and Hightower if he isn't.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Eli vs CAR
Alex Smith vs BAL

Who do I start for week 2 of the playoffs?

antisocial
May 26, 2004

Only pretending to be the world's worst poster!
Keep it on the down low (down low)
Nobody has to know...

Frank Eufemia posted:

Eli vs CAR
Alex Smith vs BAL

Who do I start for week 2 of the playoffs?
Smith

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
.5 PPR league, mainly checking to see if I need to swap out any of my WR's or flex spots.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
1 PPR, Bilal Powell @Dallas or Bryce Brown vs. Cleveland?

Ouhei posted:

.5 PPR league, mainly checking to see if I need to swap out any of my WR's or flex spots.

I think your current setup is fine... also, who the hell do you play against? Elementary schoolchildren?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Amergin posted:

I think your current setup is fine... also, who the hell do you play against? Elementary schoolchildren?
8 team league with a group of friends, there are only 2-3 of us that actually watch the waiver wires unless someone else loses a player to injury and I've been watching them closely at the end of the season since I knew I was in the playoffs. I actually picked up McCoy after someone dropped him when he was injured (I did the same with Steve Smith too, unfortunately he was reinjured).

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Uggghhhh this week is rough. 0 PPR, ESPN standard. Mostly checking in to make sure my RBs and FLEXs are set the best they can be out of this.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

dxt posted:

Yahoo standard 0ppr, no return yards. Pick a RB and a flex:

Hightower v Det
Lacy @ Oak
John Brown @ Phi
Tyler Locket v Cle
Fozzy Whittaker@ NYG

Lacy is Lacy, Hightower had one good week but isn't very good and who knows what the actual RB situation will look like in Carolina this week. Leaning Lacy and Brown at the moment.

Still unsure here. Also I'm currently starting Bort over Roethlisberger.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

dxt posted:

Still unsure here. Also I'm currently starting Bort over Roethlisberger.

Lacy and Brown seem the safest of that bunch

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

I like Crabtree more. Green Bay is going too pound the rock, Oakland will be chasing points, Crabtree is a target magnet

I changed my mind. Oakland can stuff the run, and quick KhAlil Mack pressure will prob make Rodgers rely on quick routes, which is Cobb.

But I do like them both. Sam Shields and Cooper may not be 100%, which should benefit Crabtree

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Amergin posted:

1 PPR, Bilal Powell @Dallas or Bryce Brown vs. Cleveland?

Yeah, your only big decision is Lockett or cooks, and Brandin's been sOlid at home.

I love Powell in PPR, and Bryce Brown is going to be sharing the load with at least two other RBs

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Dec 18, 2015

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

coronaball posted:

Lacy and Brown seem the safest of that bunch

I like Lockett sliiiightly better than Brown: Lockett has put the pieces together and has insane skill. i like to ride the hot hand in the playoffs, if it involves young players with abnormal talent levels

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

I changed my mind. Oakland can stuff the run, and quick KhAlil Mack pressure will prob make Rodgers rely on quick routes, which is Cobb.

But I do like them both. Sam Shields and Cooper may not be 100%, which should benefit Crabtree

Not making my decision any easier!

I'm obviously delighted with Evans' production last night, though, so a whiff by one of my other players might be ok... but my opponent also got 17.5 from Mark Barron, so I don't have a comfortable lead or anything.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

Not making my decision any easier!

I'm obviously delighted with Evans' production last night, though, so a whiff by one of my other players might be ok... but my opponent also got 17.5 from Mark Barron, so I don't have a comfortable lead or anything.

In my money league, I'm playing both Crabtree and Cobb so No deciding for me.
Cobb is the Pack's #1 WR, and top receivers torch Oakland, usually.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Here's my current lineup issues, .5 PPR

RB: Hill @ SF, West @ Bal
WR: OBJ v Car, Calvin @ NO
Flex: Baldwin v Cle, Martavis v Den

I'm sitting: Latavius Murray v GB, Bryce Brown v Cle, and Ted Ginn @ NYG.

Am I making the right move with the running backs? It would be stupid to sit OBJ or Martavis to try and get another RB in, right?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

In my money league, I'm playing both Crabtree and Cobb so No deciding for me.
Cobb is the Pack's #1 WR, and top receivers torch Oakland, usually.

My third option is Maclin at the Ravens. I can't see sitting him, which is why I'm going back and forth about Cobb vs. Crabs. It's 0.5 PPR, if that makes a difference.

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
Need two WR, one RB, and one FLEX. I'm thinking:
WR:
Alshon Jeffery @MIN
A.J. Green @SF
Allen Robinson vs ATL (FLEX)

Dez Bryant vs NYJ
Martavis Bryant vs DEN

RB:
Todd Gurley vs TB (Already Played)
Devonta Freeman @JAX

Jeremy Hill @SF
Tim Hightower vs DET

Really not sure about Freeman though considering ATLs offense and JAX only allowing 1 TD to RBs over the last 5 games. SF has allowed 6 TD to RB over the last 4 games and Eifert is out meaning Hill might get more RZ carries.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gooble Gobble posted:

Need two WR, one RB, and one FLEX. I'm thinking:
WR:
Alshon Jeffery @MIN
A.J. Green @SF
Allen Robinson vs ATL (FLEX)

Dez Bryant vs NYJ
Martavis Bryant vs DEN

RB:
Todd Gurley vs TB (Already Played)
Devonta Freeman @JAX

Jeremy Hill @SF
Tim Hightower vs DET

Really not sure about Freeman though considering ATLs offense and JAX only allowing 1 TD to RBs over the last 5 games. SF has allowed 6 TD to RB over the last 4 games and Eifert is out meaning Hill might get more RZ carries.

McCarron and Eifert being out make Hill and interesting play, but having spent a season getting burned by Hill, avoid him. Roll with what you have.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Who should I flex? Standard.

Draughn vs CIN
Hill @SF (worst run D in the NFL, but it's hill)
Cooks vs DET
Hilton vs HOU

I'm leaning Draughn but.. am unsure.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Should I pick up Ted Ginn or Alshon Jeffery? Are they startable over OBJ Allen Robinson or Doug Baldwin?

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

RBX posted:

Should I pick up Ted Ginn or Alshon Jeffery? Are they startable over OBJ Allen Robinson or Doug Baldwin?

Jeffery is absolutely worth owning, though idk about starting him over that bunch. Maybe over Robinson this week, and he has a great week 16 matchup.

E: I have another option for my team I'm mulling... Yahoo standard for QBs, I was debating Fitzpatrick and Tyrod, settled of Fitz vs. Dallas. But TJ Yates against Indianapolis also seems promising, and he's a FA. Houston QBs put up points, and I have Nuk Hopkins to stack points with. Any thoughts?

Accident Underwater fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 18, 2015

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Start Fitz, he's white hot and way better than any Texas QB and has more options.

zeldadude posted:

Who should I flex? Standard.

Draughn vs CIN
Hill @SF (worst run D in the NFL, but it's hill)
Cooks vs DET
Hilton vs HOU

I'm leaning Draughn but.. am unsure.

Cooks or Hilton are good i'd lean Cooks? It's a toss up

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

With Eifert ruled out, should I roll with Kelce against the Ravens? Witten, Ebron and Julius Thomas are available if I wanted to pick one of them up

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Intruder posted:

With Eifert ruled out, should I roll with Kelce against the Ravens? Witten, Ebron and Julius Thomas are available if I wanted to pick one of them up

I'm currently planning to start Julius over Kelce and Zach Miller

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Jeremy Hill gets 15+ carries and 10+ points in standard this week. Book it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Jeremy Hill gets 15+ carries and 10+ points in standard this week. Book it.

I think I've heard this before.

WaveLength
Nov 22, 2006

Feel the beat
Thoughts on Latavius v Green Bay or Gio Bernard @ SF? 1PPR

With Dalton out I'm expecting lots of checkdowns to Gio, so I'm leaning towards him

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I need WR picks

1 PPR and bonus for 40+ yard reception

Decker has been a pretty great WR2, but i am flush with WR2's. I am actually considering starting both Michael Floyd and John Brown, is this crazy? Or do i just stick with Decker and Floyd. There's no way i bench Alshon if he plays right?

Thing with Brown over Decker is Brown is more likely to get the 40+ reception bonus. I'm gonna need every point to win.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

WaveLength posted:

With Dalton out I'm expecting lots of checkdowns to Gio, so I'm leaning towards him

I'd go Latavius. I'm basing that on solely on consistency. Last week was his only bad week all year, and it was against Denver. I think he's got a safe 9 point floor with 20 point upside.

I've got a slight conundrum. I need to start two out of four of these WRs in full PPR.

Malcolm Floyd vs. Miami
Marvin Jones @ SF

Robert Woods @ Washington
Anquan Boldin vs. Cincy

I'm leaning toward playing Floyd with Stevie doubtful. He may not have as much big play potential, but he's got to get a ton of targets, right? Jones takes a hit with Dalton out, but it's still a nice matchup and he seemed to have a decent repertoire with McCarron. Woods and Boldin both seem more inconsistent and have tougher matches.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

I think I've heard this before.

There is obviously a very high chance of me being wrong, but the matchup is great and the injury situation couldn't set up much better for a Hill game.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
Jordan Reed vs BUF
Eddie Lacy @OAK
Buck Allen vs KC

1rb, 1 flex, .5ppr

Adjectivist Philosophy fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 19, 2015

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

WaveLength posted:

Sam shields is out which might mean they have to commit more bodies to defend the pass and open up space for Murray. Might be a Hill game in SF too. I like Murray.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

My third option is Maclin at the Ravens. I can't see sitting him, which is why I'm going back and forth about Cobb vs. Crabs. It's 0.5 PPR, if that makes a difference.

What's up 0.5 PPR buddy! :hfive: Living the best scoring system life.
I'd definitely see your conundrum. I'd still go with the best receiver on a good passing squad vs a second receiver on a okay-to-good squad. Crabtree hasn't been great lately without the TDs

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Traffic Reporter posted:

Jordan Reed vs BUF
Eddie Lacy @OAK
Buck Allen vs KC

1rb, 1 flex, .5ppr

Lacy definitely for me, and the flex decision is close. I don't like Allen at all really rushing against KC, but safer points certainly just because he's guaranteed touches and will catch some balls out of the backfield. Who is your starting TE?

My last decision, PPR:

McFadden vs. NYJ
Woodhead vs. MIA

More talented feature back in a horrible match up or the less talented guy splitting snaps in a great match up. Leaning McFadden now because Woodhead is so dependent upon those check downs.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
^^That's a tough one. I've got to make a Woodhead decision myself and he's burned me the last half of the season since the collapse of the SD offense. I think I would go McFadden and hope he makes something happen.

1ppr, no bonuses
I'm starting Ivory tonight but need an rb2.
Powell, Woodhead, Bryce Brown or scoop Fozzy off the wire. I thought I had it figured out and sent a tweet to a "fantasy expert" for peace of mind confirmation and he told me to start Powell along with Ivory. Is starting 2 rbs from the same team basically giving away my championship hopes or is the matchup against Dallas that juicy that both guys are going to end up in the endzone for 12 to 20 fantasy points each?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Need a FLEX, 0.5 PPR

Decker @DAL
Tate @NO
Bernard @SF
Charmander @BAL

I am playing Megatron as my WR2 fyi

Also Ds

CIN @SF
PIT vDEN

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Popero posted:

Lacy definitely for me, and the flex decision is close. I don't like Allen at all really rushing against KC, but safer points certainly just because he's guaranteed touches and will catch some balls out of the backfield. Who is your starting TE?

Greg Olsen is my starting TE, otherwise it would be an easy enough decision, heh. I feel like any of them could have a monster game. Lacy seems to have the highest ceiling but Allen and Reed get so many touches/targets it's hard to bench them.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Vargo posted:

Uggghhhh this week is rough. 0 PPR, ESPN standard. Mostly checking in to make sure my RBs and FLEXs are set the best they can be out of this.

Still struggling with this. Here it is in a nutshell:

RBs Pick 2:

Tim Hightower vs. DET
Matt Jones vs. BUF
Fozzie Whitatker @NYG

FLEX Pick 2:

Jermaine Kearse vs CLE
Emmanuel Sanders @ PIT
Kamar Aiken vs KC
Whoever I don't pick from the RBs above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Bellmaker posted:

Need a FLEX, 0.5 PPR

Decker @DAL
Tate @NO
Bernard @SF
Charmander @BAL

I am playing Megatron as my WR2 fyi

Also Ds

CIN @SF
PIT vDEN

Decker has a higher upside and floor than Tate, though it's close. Charlie is likely back to a timeshare, away v BAL run D which is doing better than decent. Not loving with CIN's offense in a must-win situation, YMMV.

CIN.

• Locked thread