Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Can't believe I'm asking this but Big Ben vs DEN or Bort vs ATL? I've got Ben for week 16 against the ravens either way thankfully if I survive this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
Standard scoring, nonPPR.

For my flex: Gore, Lockett ot Cooks?

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Freezer posted:

Standard scoring, nonPPR.

For my flex: Gore, Lockett ot Cooks?

I'd go Cooks- Vegas has the total on that game at 51 and I think Cooks is probably good for a TD.

ESPN standard scoring, need 2 RBs of:

Ivory @ DAL
Gore vs. HOU
D. Robinson vs. ATL
D. Johnson @ PHI
Hightower vs. DET

Current thinking bolded.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

zeldadude posted:

Can't believe I'm asking this but Big Ben vs DEN or Bort vs ATL? I've got Ben for week 16 against the ravens either way thankfully if I survive this week.

I'm in the same position- Bortles seems (ugh) safer to me. Denver's only let a QB go over 20 twice this year. Meanwhile Blake Bortles leads the leagues in passing TDs. It's a strange, hosed up world we live in.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Veritek83 posted:

ESPN standard scoring, need 2 RBs of:

Ivory @ DAL
Gore vs. HOU
D. Robinson vs. ATL
D. Johnson @ PHI
Hightower vs. DET

Current thinking bolded.

I've got the same problem and I went Ivory Johnson too.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

RBX posted:

I've got the same problem and I went Ivory Johnson too.

Yeah, I just can't talk myself into anything else. Johnson should eat tomorrow against the Eagles and Ivory has just been too solid all year to take the chance on anyone else. In my case it helps that I'm projected to win my matchup handily, but if Ivory shits the bed tonight, things are going to get very interesting tomorrow.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

zeldadude posted:

Bort is a much safer bet, and higher upside. The Falcons are falling apart, Denver's defense is going to limit scoring opportunities.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

So I got decimated with injuries the last couple weeks and need a FLEX. I pretty much only have desperation level guys left. 1 PPR

B. Powell vs. DAL
F. Whittaker vs. NYG
D. Inman vs. MIA

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Arcturas posted:

I need to pick a WR2 and a Flex:

RBs: Hightower, D. Robinson, Frank Gore, J. Stew, Gio, D. Woodhead
WRs: ODB, D. Baldwin, M. Bryant, J. Jones, R. Matthews

I'm leaning towards swapping Martavis Bryant out for Frank Gore because I'm afraid of the Broncos secondary, but Gore is just so lukewarm this season.

Reposting because this got lost. Any advice?

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Arcturas posted:

Reposting because this got lost. Any advice?

Is that James Jones or Julio, because that makes a drastic difference

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rogue Elephant posted:

So I got decimated with injuries the last couple weeks and need a FLEX. I pretty much only have desperation level guys left. 1 PPR

B. Powell vs. DAL
F. Whittaker vs. NYG
D. Inman vs. MIA

I hope you put in Powell!

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

I hope you put in Powell!

I did. He got me from 'nearly a certain loss' territory to 'probably about a 50-50 shot' territory.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Accident Underwater posted:

Is that James Jones or Julio, because that makes a drastic difference

James Jones, sorry. I wouldn't bench Julio.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Rogue Elephant posted:

I did. He got me from 'nearly a certain loss' territory to 'probably about a 50-50 shot' territory.

Good because I think the decision was Powell in a landslide!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Need two flex, 0 PPR:

Emmanuel Sanders @ PIT
Jermaine Kearse vs CLE

Kamar Aiken vs. KC
Fizzie Whitaker @NYG

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

Veritek83 posted:

...but if Ivory shits the bed tonight, things are going to get very interesting tomorrow.
Thanks to this I'm now in desperation hail mary mode. Welcome to my lineup Bryce Brown.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Arcturas posted:

James Jones, sorry. I wouldn't bench Julio.

In that case I'd probably go Gore at flex, and Jones over Bryant. I think Bryant is going to have another week like last, if not worse, just because Denver will limit total passing yards.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Bryce Brown vs Cleaveland or Matt Jones vs Buffalo

1 ppr

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

KidDynamite posted:

1 ppr

Brown probably.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

KidDynamite posted:

1 ppr

I say Jones, I think Russell Wilson is going to be throw-happy this week and if there is running, he'll do it himself.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Accident Underwater posted:

In that case I'd probably go Gore at flex, and Jones over Bryant. I think Bryant is going to have another week like last, if not worse, just because Denver will limit total passing yards.

You like James Jones over Doug Baldwin for WR2?

EricHall
Aug 7, 2006
Three questions (standard scoring):

Pick Three (2 WR/Flex):

Allen Robinson vs. ATL
Antonio Brown vs. DEN
Doug Baldwin vs. CLE
Sammy Watkins @ WAS

Pick One:
Bryce Brown vs. CLE
Buck Allen vs. KC
Matt Jones vs. BUF
Fozzy Whittaker @ NYG

(jesus christ, what a poo poo show)

Pick One:
Matt Stafford @ NO
Tyrod Taylor @ WAS

Currently leaning towards Robinson, Brown, Baldwin, Bryce and Stafford

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Haha jeez, how did your team get that bad

(but yes I agree with your inclination)

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

I'm really struggling with decisions this week.

ESPN Standard Scoring, I'm the #1 seed (miraculously) but decimated by injury. This is the game to decide who goes to the Championship.

I can't decide which of these middling RBs to start, and whether or not to go Watson against DET or Barnidge against SEA with JFF throwing in his general direction.

EricHall
Aug 7, 2006

Paperback Writer posted:

Well, I drafted Charles/Forsett, but then chose the wrong KC handcuff and missed out on getting Ware/West. Then I used a steady stream of back-ups (Rawls, Karlos, Langford) to fart my way to an 11-2 record.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Can't decide between Tyler Lockett(vs. CLE), Bolden(vs. TEN) or Ted Ginn(@NYG) for my flex in a 0.5 PPR 6pTD league. I almost feel like Ginn is the more consistent guy, which sounds really weird.

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 20, 2015

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
.5 ppr

Char @bal (currently in)
Golden Tate @NO
Mart Bryant vs Den
LMurray vs GB

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Paperback Writer posted:

Almost everyone seems to be a mess at RB right now, except the team I'm playing this week with Peterson, Gurley, and Miller.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
Standard Scoring, Yahoo, not PPR, need 1 for flex

Bryce Brown vs Cle
Latavius Murray vs GB
Robert Woods at Wash
Albert Wilson at Balt
Willie Snead vs Det (Opponent has Brees)
Jeremy Langford at Minn
Cameron Artis-Payne at NYG

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

.5 PPR, need one out of Devin Funchess (AT Giants), Bryce Brown, Christine Michael (both VS Browns), Ronnie Hillman and C.J. Anderson (both AT Steelers). Tending towards Funchess, I guess? gently caress, I don't know. The Michael hiring has thrown my plans into complete disarray. EDIT: Oh right, I also have Spencer Ware (AT Ravens), but I can't imagine he'll be a big factor, but just enough to make Char owners despair.

MacheteZombie posted:

.5 ppr

Char @bal (currently in)
Golden Tate @NO
Mart Bryant vs Den
LMurray vs GB

I'd roll with Tate. He should be in for a good amount of catches against NO. Also, Ware is expected to play.

MakaVillian posted:

Can't decide between Tyler Lockett(vs. CLE), Bolden(vs. TEN) or Ted Ginn(@NYG) for my flex in a 0.5 PPR 6pTD league. I almost feel like Ginn is the more consistent guy, which sounds really weird.

Ginn. I'm still punching myself over telling a friend in my league to pick him up because I figured I had enough depth at WR. Seems I only make good decisions when I make them for others.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Dec 20, 2015

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Is it crazy to start John Brown vs. Philly over Demaryius Thomas? (.25 ppr)

Also Denard Robinson or Golden Tate? (.5 ppr)

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

TheMcD posted:

.5 PPR, need one out of Devin Funchess (AT Giants), Bryce Brown, Christine Michael (both VS Browns), Ronnie Hillman and C.J. Anderson (both AT Steelers). Tending towards Funchess, I guess? gently caress, I don't know. The Michael hiring has thrown my plans into complete disarray.

I don't like any of those options, but I guess I'd go with Bryce Brown. Even when Michael has been claimed to be the "bellcow" this year he hasn't done poo poo. I think you're looking at very low floors, and not much higher ceilings for all those guys, so I don't know.

I'm still trying to decide in standard between Charmander West @ Baltimore and Hill @ SF for standard scoring in my RB position. Also Allen Hurns vs Atlanta should be started over D. Jackson vs Buffalo or Lafell vs Tennessee, right?

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013
I've got a great problem this week. In 1 point ppr I've got:

S. Watkins @wsh
D. Thomas @pit

I'm starting baldwin and hopkins. But I need 1 for my flex. I'm leaning towards thomas because I started him all year. But, I'm projected to lose by ~10-15 points and watkins might have higher upside. Any thoughts?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Murphy Brownback posted:

I don't like any of those options, but I guess I'd go with Bryce Brown. Even when Michael has been claimed to be the "bellcow" this year he hasn't done poo poo. I think you're looking at very low floors, and not much higher ceilings for all those guys, so I don't know.

I'm still trying to decide in standard between Charmander West @ Baltimore and Hill @ SF for standard scoring in my RB position. Also Allen Hurns vs Atlanta should be started over D. Jackson vs Buffalo or Lafell vs Tennessee, right?

Yeah, my RB situation is a complete and utter mess, born from injuries and some unlucky grabs on the waiver wire. Thanks for allowing me to abdicate responsibility on this terrible decision I have to make. Also, I'd definitely start Hill. SF's run defense is a complete nightmare to the point where loving Cleveland ran all over them. My opponent is both starting Bernard and Hill and I'm scared.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

RIP Dalton. Now I'm down to Carr who I don't like vs. GB, Rivers or BORTLES vs. ATL. I kind of like Bortles against ATL. In a playoff game. That's Blake Bortles of the literal Jacksonville Jaguars. Bortles.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Second round of the playoffs and I only have one questionable move at this point.

With L. Miller's ankle tweak and odd playcalling of the Dolphins, is there any chance you put in Draughn over Miller?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Pick two, .5 ppr:

Hill @ SF
West @ Bal
Murray v GB
Brown v Cle

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Would you guys play the Bengals or the Texans D/ST?

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

TheMcD posted:

Ginn. I'm still punching myself over telling a friend in my league to pick him up because I figured I had enough depth at WR. Seems I only make good decisions when I make them for others.
I've picked up and dropped Ginn probably 3 times this year and I just dropped him again a couple weeks ago before he decided to go off and now I have to play against him this week. Figures. I just hope that the Carolina offense decides to stay away from him this week as they had in the earlier part of the season.

packsmack posted:

I've got a great problem this week. In 1 point ppr I've got:

S. Watkins @wsh
D. Thomas @pit

I'm starting baldwin and hopkins. But I need 1 for my flex. I'm leaning towards thomas because I started him all year. But, I'm projected to lose by ~10-15 points and watkins might have higher upside. Any thoughts?

I like Watkins in this one but you're right it is hard to sit Thomas. I think you're likely to get about the same production from both but with Watkins I feel like there is more of a chance for a big play. Some crazy Sexy Rexy call to throw an 80 yard bomb on 3rd and 6 or something like that. I feel like the Broncos aren't taking a lot of chances with Osweiler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antisocial
May 26, 2004

Only pretending to be the world's worst poster!
Keep it on the down low (down low)
Nobody has to know...
Cobb vs OAK
or
Cooper vs GB

I can't decide!!

• Locked thread