Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I have a few good collections.
-good shoes
-depression era glassware
-cast iron and enamel pans
-fly rods and reels

I'd be happy to discuss the above but I'd rather hear about what others are collecting.

Dank memes and rare pepes count I guess. Oh Jesus, what am I getting myself into here? No nasty poo poo please! And no, "I'm collecting disability checks for my cripling agoraphobia op! :woop: :woop:"

Sorry if that sounds a little "bossy pants" but we should be capable of having a civilized conversation here. This is our preferred linear format, right?

Im so nervous I think I'm gonna hurl. Oh God!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
i collect vaporwave

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Corpses

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Tell me about depression era glassware

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I dont really collect anything nymore. When I was in elementary school I liked pokemon cards a lot though

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I collect steam video games that I never play. I might still have pokemon cards too. I don't know, they're like in a box in some basement maybe.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i'm more of a chord person. i prefer to take in bending stresses than shear stresses

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Assuming control lol

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I'm into collecting the sun so plants will die and the sun will run out.

Edit: Notice how the sun light seems to be mmissong! I stole it with those panels!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Dr Cheeto posted:

Tell me about depression era glassware

This can explain the history a bit more: http://www.replacements.com/mfghist/morgantown.htm

Morgantown and Seneca are the two I look out for. Used to be able to find pieces in thrift shops and antique stores for dirt cheap, but those days are p much over. Bargains are still out there but more stores are savvy to what they have.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i collect pictures of naked women

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I collect poo poo posts. Thanks for the addition!

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

I have a friend that collects glass insulators. He's not a very interesting person to tell the truth.

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

its ok OP this is a safe space to talk about the things we like to attain and hold on to

i for one like to keep as few possessions as possible to achieve something i like to call a "minimalist lifestyle" so i guess you could say i collect space and peace of mind but go on filling your home with glassware if it makes you happy!

how do you like to display the things that you collect?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Mad Monk posted:

I have a friend that collects glass insulators. He's not a very interesting person to tell the truth.

Are those old timey condoms?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Why can't people just be like:
"Comic books op! I collect comic books and blah blah blah.". ???

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

i want to start a collection of something but i don't like anything.

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005
On a computer forum I used to frequent, a guy posted that he had just scored a 3DFX video card (I forget which model) still sealed in the unopened box. He wasn't going to open the box, but was going to leave it shrink wrapped. I joked that there might as well be a rock in the box, or nothing at all. As he was never going to open it, he had purchased a shrink wrapped video card box, and he would never know what was actually inside. Schrodinger's video card.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
What do you mean by "collect," OP?

Because if you mean "collect" as in systematically acquire and track a particular type of object, then nothing.

I'm fond of and have accumulated quite a few books, though. I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting books, but I'm not like "Oh, I need this particular book for my *collection*"

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Yeah, if your dick shoots thousands of volts.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Nope they're insulators, used on old telegraph poles, usually found along railroads. Most of them are broken from people shooting at them but they are one of the weird things in the world people collect. The most expensive one is worth about 25k.

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYyuo7gm-aQ

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Mad Monk posted:

The most expensive one is worth about 25k.

gently caress you, that is bullshit.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I collect Depression too OP. I let it out every few months when I have saved enough holiday time to have a few days off.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Applewhite posted:

What do you mean by "collect," OP?

Because if you mean "collect" as in systematically acquire and track a particular type of object, then nothing.

I'm fond of and have accumulated quite a few books, though. I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting books, but I'm not like "Oh, I need this particular book for my *collection*"

I was going to post some pics but I think I'm just going to shoot myself instead.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Mad Monk posted:

lol youre friend collects old timey butt plugs...

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Mad Monk posted:

Nope they're insulators, used on old telegraph poles, usually found along railroads. Most of them are broken from people shooting at them but they are one of the weird things in the world people collect. The most expensive one is worth about 25k.

Cool. Does your friend own the 25k one?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Maybe someone here collects bullet casings or sharks teeth or something.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

I just don't get white people, man. I just don't get them...

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005

I just don't get white people, man. I just don't get them...

My brother collects guns, and his wife collects knives.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
That guy has Gliddens 1874 twice. Redundant much?

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

King of Bees posted:

Cool. Does your friend own the 25k one?

No

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad
i have lots of books and AV equipment. Some is cool :shrug:

e: but i use these things so I dont really know if its a collection? The things are usable

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Sports cards, comic books, video games, horror VHS tapes, horror and kung fu DVDs, Blu Rays, coins, books, MAD magazines, autographs, records and CDs

I think that's it.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Boinks posted:

Sports cards, comic books, video games, VHS tapes, DVDs, Blu Rays, coins, books, MAD magazines, autographs, records and CDs

I think that's it.

Restraining orders filed by school districts.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Goons: I have a collection of xx, but I don't know if it's a collection. :airquote: :smuggo:

Me: :bang:

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Restraining orders filed by school districts.

Pardon me for wanting to OWN THINGS. loving Millennials!

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i collected baseball cards and comic books when i was a kid but i sold it all to buy drugs, i have slowly rebuilt my baseball card collection now that i can afford things and they are worthless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Boinks posted:

Pardon me for wanting to OWN THINGS. loving Millennials!

I think I'm the one doing the owning here.

• Locked thread