Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Thread was reopened against my wishes and I am not going to maintain the OP.

raton fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

raton fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 5, 2017

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Bubbbubbbubvb

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

you eat the bones??

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Oil up my body baby I'm ready for a hot tin of sardine's, the candy of the ocean.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
Voted 5

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Necros posted:

you eat the bones??

good lord

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Sardines are gross.

I tried some after the last sardine and could barely chocke down a few bites.

Sick yuck!

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Sheep-Goats posted:

gently caress tuna.

tuna is bad? please explain.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
No sprats mentioned, a shameful op.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tace Vim posted:

tuna is bad? please explain.

Tuna is great. Tinned tuna is usually gross. Plus, it's unsustainable, high in mercury, and just plain boring. Get some dines in ya

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
~

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Don't forget all the omega threes and unsaturated fat!

Healthy and tasty, dines are the real deal.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Why should I eat the fishy oils, a human being essay by Sheep Goats

Ok, you are a goon now. At 35 you are old enough that bad eating habits have made the artery hard. The artery is supposed to be soft. This is because the artery that goes around your heart needs to bend. If it doesn't bend it will crack on the inside. Your body will think this is a cut and a clot will form. If the crack is big enough you will get a clot that closes the artery and then all of the heart tissue that lives on that artery's blood will die. It will get replaced by scar tissue which doesn't work. You will either die or no longer be able to walk up stairs without stopping on the landings because your new piece of poo poo heart can't handle it. That is called a heart attack.

What is a good way to fight this? First you can see your doctor and he will give you a tiny cheap pill to take that will control your cholesterol pretty well that is a miracle. Second you can take one 81mg aspirin every day. Third you can exercise. Forth you can consume large quantities of unsaturated fats relative to your other fats.

Your body uses these fats for a lot of things but one thing is making arteries. A fat is a chemical that looks like three snakes biting each others in the heads. The long tail part can be saturated or unsaturated. If it is saturated that means the snake has all of its ribs. This means that it can't suck its own cock because the ribs make it inflexible. If it is unsaturated it has a rib removed so it can suck its own cock. Unsaturated snakes are very flexible.

When it is cold inflexible snakes get even worse. In fact some fats are so saturated that at cool temperatures they are solid, like butter. Other fats stay liquid even when they are very cold because they are so unsaturated, they have had the perfect rib removed so they can most easily suck their own cocks. Fishes live in the cold cold sea but need to have flexible cell walls and arteries for swimming and for complex thought. Therefore their bodies make unsaturated fats. This means we can eat cold water oily fish in volumes that outpace warm furry land animals a lot and it helps us not develop arteriosclerosis and die from a myocardial infarction because our lazy dumb bodies will use these now easily available flexible fats to build cells.

Oh by the way if you over eat your body will crank out a ton of fat. Because it is dumb it will mostly make saturated fat (it stores energy better). If you want health benefits from omega 3 oils you cannot overeat. BTW in this analogy a snake = a fatty acid and when they bite each other's heads they make a fat so don't get confused about acid vs fatty acid vs fat you dumb poo poo.

Ork of Fiction posted:

One way to describe
The unsaturated fats
Snake sucks they own dick

raton fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Dec 21, 2015

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I enjoy a can of herring in mustard sauce from time to time. Sardines aren't all that bad, they're just not that good.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Sheep-Goats posted:

Ok, you are a goon now. At 35 you are old enough that bad eating habits have made the artery hard. The artery is supposed to be soft. This is because the artery that goes around your heart needs to bend. If it doesn't bend it will crack on the inside. Your body will think this is a cut and a clot will form. If the crack is big enough you will get a clot that closes the artery and then all of the heart tissue that lives on that artery's blood will die. It will get replaced by scar tissue which doesn't work. You will either die or no longer be able to walk up stairs without stopping on the landings because your new piece of poo poo heart can't handle it. That is called a heart attack.

What is a good way to fight this? First you can see your doctor and he will give you a tiny cheap pill to take that will control your cholesterol pretty well that is a miracle. Second you can take one 81mg aspirin every day. Third you can exercise. Forth you can consume large quantities of unsaturated fats relative to your other fats.

Your body uses these fats for a lot of things but one thing is making arteries. A fat is a chemical that looks like three snakes biting each others in the heads. The long tail part can be saturated or unsaturated. If it is saturated that means the snake has all of its ribs. This means that it can't suck its own cock because the ribs make it inflexible. If it is unsaturated it has a rib removed so it can suck its own cock. Unsaturated snakes are very flexible.

When it is cold inflexible snakes get even worse. In fact some fats are so saturated that at cool temperatures they are solid, like butter. Other fats stay liquid even when they are very cold because they are so unsaturated, they have had the perfect rib removed so they can most easily suck their own cocks. Fishes live in the cold cold sea but need to have flexible cell walls and arteries for swimming and for complex thought. Therefore their bodies make unsaturated fats. This means we can eat cold water oily fish in volumes that outpace warm furry land animals a lot and it helps us not develop arteriosclerosis and die from a myocardial infarction because our lazy fat bodies will use these now easily available flexible fats to build cells.

Oh by the way if you over eat your body will crank out a ton of fat. Because it is dumb it will mostly make saturated fat (it stores energy better). If you want health benefits from omega 3 oils you cannot overeat.

thanks this is really good im stealing this.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
You are welcome please tell the people who live longer because of my advice that they owe part of their lives to me and can paypal me money to help repay their moral debts.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
fish is pretty nasty and it smells funny like the seafood part of the supermarket smells gross as hell

im sure its hleathy for u but so is vegetables and they dont smell gross, unless u do something stupid like cook them and then they smell like farts

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
even the freshest seafood smells nasty, i just realized this must be what gay dudes feel like when confronted with even a freshly showered snaz

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Sheep-Goats posted:

When it is cold inflexible snakes get even worse. In fact some fats are so saturated that at cool temperatures they are solid, like butter. Other fats stay liquid even when they are very cold because they are so unsaturated, they have had the perfect rib removed so they can most easily suck their own cocks. Fishes live in the cold cold sea but need to have flexible cell walls and arteries for swimming and for complex thought. Therefore their bodies make unsaturated fats. This means we can eat cold water oily fish in volumes that outpace warm furry land animals a lot and it helps us not develop arteriosclerosis and die from a myocardial infarction because our lazy dumb bodies will use these now easily available flexible fats to build cells.

Oh by the way if you over eat your body will crank out a ton of fat. Because it is dumb it will mostly make saturated fat (it stores energy better). If you want health benefits from omega 3 oils you cannot overeat. BTW in this analogy a snake = a fatty acid and when they bite each other's heads they make a fat so don't get confused about acid vs fatty acid vs fat you dumb poo poo.

The best essay about human being snakes

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
At work, one of the Icelanders mentioned how much he missed good mackerel back home. Fret not, I said, because KO is sending me a mackerel tasting kit soon, so now I'll have a Norseman to eat these with. :black101: Everyone else hates my sardine lunches, but if you got haters you must be doing something right.

My carpool buddy, the Tasmanian, said hey m8 I might try one of those sardines one of these days, so when we get back from break, I'm gonna set him up. First with straight sardine on cracker w hot sauce, but maybe later do something dressier with avocado and sherry vinegar.

Regardless, the workplace dine enthusiasm has been rewarding in spades recently, as this is what I got for my secret santa gift:

I just noticed my cardigan sitting on the basement table so that's extra Dad points I suppose

OP you probably want to put that Wild Planet is a good brand in there, because often times you see it next to the KOs. Solid start to another glorious thread.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Sheep-Goats posted:

Green curry flavored mackerel from Thailand that I ordered on Amazon

Ordering now

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com
Get your dines here friend.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Sheep-Goats posted:

You are welcome please tell the people who live longer because of my advice that they owe part of their lives to me and can paypal me money to help repay their moral debts.

Nobody in my care lives longer but I will pass it on

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
Sardines in mustard sauce and a nice piece of fruit make a solid cheap meal.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

fresh anchovies taste really good, more mild flavor but more fishyness?? they really good tho and I like to eat them, try them on a caesar salad!

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Everybody squeeze in!

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
How come sardines are 2 for 1$ at seafood city but like super expensive at the white people supermarkets and they aren't even as good?

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

How come sardines are 2 for 1$ at seafood city but like super expensive at the white people supermarkets and they aren't even as good?

Because white people supermarkets

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

that's all white people food tbh

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

ScrubLeague posted:

that's all white people food tbh

Dude, they have commercials for sardines in asia. White people eating them is like white people thinking they invented pasta.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

white people thinking they invented pasta.

hey buddy i got some bad news for you

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

ScrubLeague posted:

hey buddy i got some bad news for you

The public school you went to was terrible? Yeah, that poo poo's rough man.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Well yeah I mean I went to public school in Texas so what the gently caress you gonna do, but white people totally think they invented everything. As a white person, I can tell you that my mom was the first person to ever make spaghetti.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Isn't Texas where they legislated that Tomas Jefferson wasn't a founding father because he believed in the separation of church and state? Just nuke it already. We wouldn't even need oil if a bunch of redneck idiots weren't so afraid of nuclear power because they can't correctly pronounce "nuclear".