Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Don't forget all the omega threes and unsaturated fat!

Healthy and tasty, dines are the real deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

I'm the bug running across the counter top

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Arkanomen posted:

Can I still say I'm down with the dine if I eat Niboshi Dashi. It's technically sardines?

You are down with the dine but that's only 2/10 dad points

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

SLAM TO WIN IN THE KO ROYAL HAIKU CONTEST !!!
The 5th Annual King Oscar Happy Holidays Haiku Happening is here…and so is your chance to win…now through Jan 3! To enter, simply post your holiday haiku right here. Prizes include KO sardine forks, vintage sardines, t-shirts, aprons, KO swag, royal taster kits, and KO coupons – all awarded at the discretion of the judges on or about Jan 8, 2016. SO GET YOUR ROYAL HAIKU ON...AND HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

If you didn't love KO enough, they just dropped this on their facebook page.

e: gently caress, beaten to it.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Goon spotted in the dine haiku contest.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

marauderthirty posted:

You can also get them packed in maple syrup apparently

Heresy

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
So you're saying that we should buy all the dines we can before they become scarce?

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Got drunk last night and poured a tin of dines in hot sauce over a half bowl of cheez its. Mixed it all together and ate it like a bowl of cereal.

Was way better than I had any right to expect.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone else encountered Haddon house? My local grocery store doesn't have KO and target's spot on the shelf has been empty for weeks. I might make hh my regular snackin dine because I have easy access to them. Bigger dines but still good flavor.

From the 'dine article:

quote:

a snack best demolished standing up, using only hands and teeth.

E: smoked salmon is usually god tier. My grandmother always buys me a $10 can of s.s. for Christmas.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
With any luck, those mega hippies will pressure an earlier opening of West coast canneries.

North American 'dines would be great for us and Canada goons.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Jumping in to defend bumblebee in mustard. They look gross and the mustard is weak, but honestly for a buck a can, I just throw on some mustard powder and they're totally tasty.

But I'd be lying if I told you I don't get eeked out by the massive fins.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Dine trip report: Had some Haddon House hot spiced dines on whole grain toast. Very dry fish, with very little spare oil, but that was pretty good for a sammich. I just dumped the whole can on a slice and smashed it around with a fork. Incredibly firm fish and there were even a couple peppers in the bottom. The bread soaked up the extra oil and it had a decent amount of heat. 8/10 will dine again.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I too was scared of visible bones for the first couple tins, but you'll easily get past that.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Fried dines and a dipping sauce?!

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Planet X posted:

Girlfriend tried it, liked it

She's a keeper

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Threw some tobasco on a tin of Mediterranean KOs on some whole wheat toast. Didn't even cut it in half

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Gonna need to know what temp you cooked them fish eggs.

Anyone done dines in an omelette? I'm a giant babby and don't like runny eggs

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I recommend Inglehoffer sweet hot mustard for your dine pleasure

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Sizone posted:

ya know, now that I think about it. eggs are to be cooked in a pan, all this 500 degree oven bullshit is meant to cover for someone who can't flip a loving egg. sheep-goats, we're pretty sure you can't whip, can you even flip?

You're mistaken. Fishy eggs are designed to be minimum effort for maximum eats. One dish, preheat while prepping the other stuff

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

The Snoo posted:

A lot of goddamn fish in this can. Two layers!! It's almost like... they're packed like sardines :grin:

1.5x dad points multiplier for dad joke about dad food.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I've found mackerel to be a little tastier than dines. They're amazing on crackers with your choice of hot sauce or fancy mustard

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I agree that buying the wrong thing at the grocery store and not noticing until you put it in your mouth is very dadly. My dad once bought a six pack of non alcoholic beer by accident.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
All of you are wrong. PA Dutch pickles are best and I will fight you to the death.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Count me in as a pickle recipe wanter

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
KO is running a facebook contest for the Oscars, guess the winners and win a bust of the king himself

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Male Tears posted:

What's the best way to eat King Oscar in tomato sauce other than straight out of the can?

With no pants at 2 am over the sink with your fingers

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I used to do dines on crackers, but then I discovered toast

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I went shopping and forgot my free dine coupon but bought them anyway. It felt pretty dadly

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

pr0k posted:

More fancypants 'dines for lunch at work.

omega 3 status: nom
bones status: eated

I'm the single grape tomato

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Forgot my coupons again

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
That article talks about maine and california dine canning industry, but i thought the last us cannery shut down. What gives?

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Overwined posted:

Uhhh, I think the question is why in god's name did you come to the conclusion that there were no more US canneries?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2010/04/04/us/04cannery.html?referer=

E: dadliest lady was interviewed in the article

quote:

“I don’t know how to do anything else,” Ms. Harrington said. But she is not interested in training for another job because she is convinced it would mean working with computers. “I don’t want nothing to do with computers,” she declared. “I don’t have one, I don’t want to learn. No, sir. I’m going to do my scrapbooking and quilting.”

ChrisHansen fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 17, 2016

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
There's many items on the top shelf of dadliness. Everything from beef liver to borscht.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Sorry guys, I'm afraid season seafood snacks are my favorite smoked fish.

1.99 for some delicious smoked herring is just too hard to pass up. They're skinless but I still eat the dang bones

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Finally going to cash in my free coupon from the haiku contest tonight

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I like my smoked kipper with diced onions and those little green cock suckers.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

sirspankalot posted:

I ate some sardines after the recommendations itt. Ended up hurling for 7 hours afterwards. Never again.

Begone!

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

pahuyuth posted:

Anyone had John West Kipper Fillets in Sunflower Oil? Saw them today in the "international foods" section of Publix but they were $6/tin so I passed.

I enjoy my plain $2.00 season kippers in olive oil, but I don't have access to much more. Have you tried other kippers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Dines with spicy mustard in between two slices of plain white toast is great drunk food.

Just don't forget to brush your teeth before passing out. It WILL come back to haunt you.