Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
I'm interested, can I play sororitas or do you want to stick to base book stuff?

nvm, just saw this:

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

yeah sure give it a go

agri-world is in an expansion i don't have, i guess the closest would be feral or shrine out of the available options. i will consider non-core roles, backgrounds and homeworlds if it's really necessary for a character to work mechanically, but probably not if the only issue is the chracter background - in that case you can just reskin an existing world with the closest fit.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Dec 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Lord no. Power armour and a boltgun, along with a ravening Burn The Witch And Anyone Who Might Have Met Her attitude, basically removes a whole load of options from the party, such as the ability to be subtle in any way, or to have a reaction to anything chaosy/xenosy/heretical that isn't 'burn it'.

fair call.

edit: going to whip up a psyker and play Space Steven King's Space Carrie. Or some kind of flamethrower priest.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Dec 20, 2015

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Born into a hereditary clan of cleaning crews that worked and lived in the coolant tubes of an Imperial Navy warship, Gamma remembers very little of her life before being sniffed out by the Witch-finders aboard the ship and being sent to Terra for evaluation. Lacking the aptitude for interpersonal communication required of an Astropath, and too small and weedy to qualify for an Imperial Guard Primaris Psyker she likely would have been one of the many sacrificed to power the Astronomican had the Inquisition not requisitioned a batch of psykers for service as acolytes. Thrown in to round out the numbers, Gamma has little combat training but possesses broad ability across the common psychic disciplines and should prove a versatile asset to a team.

Gamma desires more than anything to belong to a crew. Being part of a tight-knit family unit is essentially her only cherished memory. While psykers are always outsiders, perhaps the misfits and barely reformed criminals who work for the Inquisition will be open minded enough to accept her as a person?

Gamma hates shirkers. Any true servant of the Emperor will put 110% into any endeavor, and to do less is a small betrayal.

Gamma will sacrifice comfort, personal safety, and life to accomplish important goals. Sanity is a slippery concept for a psyker, but that can go as well if need be.

quote:

CHARACTER NAME: Random Name: 1d100 27 (Female, Informal) Gamma.
HOME WORLD: Voidborn
BACKGROUND: Adeptus Astra Telepathica
ROLE: Mystic Sanctioned Psyker
ELITE ADVANCES: Psyker (Role)
DIVINATION: Divination: 1d100 42 24 Kill The Alien Before It Can Speak It's Lies! (Gain Quick Draw Talent)
BUILD: Stunted 1.55m/45kg
COMPLEXION: Bluish Skin, Green Eyes
HAIR: Copper
QUIRKS: Minor Limp
SUPERSTITIONS: Feared Octet: When prominent stars are sighted in an eightfold symbol, make the sign of the Aquila, lest foul spirits notice the unprotected soul.
MEMENTOS: Squeezebox, Chipped Trilobite Fossil, Chipped Pearl

Characteristics:
  • WS 25
  • BS 25
  • S 20
  • T 50 (+15 Point Buy, +5 Advance, +5 Advance)
  • A 40 (+10 Point Buy, +5 Advance)
  • Int 50 (+10 Point Buy, +5 Advance, +5 Advance)
  • Per 40 (+15 Point Buy)
  • WP 50 (+10 Point Buy, +5 Advance, +5 Advance)
  • Fel 25
  • Inf 40 (+15)

Wounds: 7+1d5 Wounds: 2#1d5 1 4 = 11
Fate: 3 (Emperor's Blessing 5+) Fate: 2#1d10 8 1 = 4
Insanity: 1
Corruption: 0
Aptitudes:
  • Intelligence (Homeworld)
  • Psyker (Background)
  • Defence (Role)
  • Intelligence (Role)
  • Toughness (Role)
  • Knowledge (Role)
  • Perception (Role)
  • Willpower (Role)
  • Psyker Agility(Role)

Skills:
  • Acrobatics (Agi)
  • Awareness (Per)
  • Commerce (Int)
  • Common Lore (Adeptus Astra Telepathica) (Int)
  • Dodge (Agi)
  • Forbidden Lore (Warp, Psykers, Mutants) (Int)
  • Interrogation (WP)
  • Linguistics (Low Gothic) (Int)
  • Logic (Int)
  • Psyniscience (Per)
  • Scholastic Lore (Occult)
  • Scrutiny (Per)
  • Sleight of Hand (Agility)
  • Trade (Soothsayer) (Int)

Talents & Traits:
  • Weapon Training (Las, Low-Tech, Bolt) (Background+Advance)
  • Warp sense (Role)
  • Sanctioned (Background)
  • Strong Minded (Homeworld)
  • Quick Draw (Divination)
  • Remonstrance Underworld Understandings (Free)

Psyker Powers:
  • Psy Rating 2
  • Biomancy: Invigorate
  • Divination: Warp Perception
  • Pyromancy: Manipulate Flame
  • Telekinesis: Telekinetic Control, Assail
  • Telepathy: Telepathic Link

Special Abilities:
Child of the Dark: A voidborn character starts with the Strong Minded talent, and gains a +30 bonus to tests for moving in a zero gravity environment.

The Constant Threat: When the character or an ally within 10 metres triggers a roll on Table 6–2: Psychic Phenomenon (see page 196), the Adeptus Astra Telepathica character can increase or decrease the result by amount equal to his Willpower bonus.

Tested on Terra: If the character takes the Psyker elite advance during character creation, he also gains the Sanctioned trait (see page 138).

Stare into the Warp: A Mystic character starts the game with the Psyker elite advance (see page 90).

Equipment Carrying Capacity 23/45kg:
  • Laspistol +2 charge packs 3.5kg
  • Staff 3kg
  • Light Flak Cloak + Flak Helmet 6kg
  • Psy Focus
  • Rebreather (Starting Acquisition) 1kg
  • Photo-Contacts(Starting Acquisition) .5kg
  • Good Microbead
  • Writing Kit 2kg
  • Stablight
  • Regicide Set 1kg
  • Chrono
  • Dataslate .5kg
  • 'Vigilance' GC Bolt Pistol + Red-dot Laser Sight, Modified Stock, Custom Grip. 1 clip Standard 5 clips Inferno 4 Clips Toxic 4kg
  • Long-Las +2 Charge packs 4.5kg
  • Clip/Drop Harness 1kg
  • Common Bolt Pistol
  • 10 doses Spook
  • Common Knife
  • 'Enrique Special' Enforcer Carapace 15kg
  • 8 Hunting Lance Heads 1kg/Head

XP/Spent:
  • 3400/3500

Advances:
  • Simple Willpower 100
  • Simple Intelligence 100
  • Simple Toughness 100
  • Known Scrutiny 100
  • Known Forbidden Lore (Psykers) 100
  • Invigorate 100
  • Warp Perception 100
  • Manipulate Flame 100
  • Telekinetic Control 100
  • Telepathic Link 100
  • Intermediate Willpower 250
  • Known Trade (Soothsayer)100
  • Intermediate Toughness 250
  • Simple Agility 250
  • Weapon Training: Bolt 300
  • Intermediate Intelligence 250
  • Psyker Power: Assail 200
  • Known Dodge 100
  • Known Acrobatics 100
  • Known Logic 100
  • Known Forbidden lore (Mutants) 100
  • Commerce 100
  • Linguistics 100
  • Scholastic Lore (Occult) 100
  • Sleight of Hand 100

I rolled on all the dumb tables from the character creation supplement because I love tables I guess.

pre:
Primary Combat Block:
WS  BS  S   T   Ag  Int Per WP  Fel  
25  25 20  50  40  50  40  50  25

Wounds: 11/11   Fate: 4/4  Initiative: 1d10+4
Half Move: 4 Full Move: 8 Charge: 12 Run: 24
SB: 2  TB: 5
Armour: 2/5 [Head/Arms/Body/Legs]
Acrobatics: 40
Awareness: 40
Dodge: 40
Scrutiny: 40

Weapons:
GC Bolt Pistol.  RANGE: 30m ROF: S/2/– DAM: 1d10+5 X PEN: 4 CLIP: 4/8 RLD: Full 
SPECIAL: Tearing, Reliable, Red-Dot Sight, Custom Grip, Modified Stock
Clips: 1 Standard (4/8) 5 Inferno (8/8, 8/8, 8/8, 8/8 8/8) 4 Toxic (8/8, 8/8, 8/8, 8/8)

Laspistol(Overload) RANGE: 30m ROF: S/2/– DAM: 1d10+2(4) E PEN: 0(2) CLIP: 30(8) RLD: Half 
SPECIAL:Reliable (Unreliable)
Clips: 2 Standard (30/30, 30/30)

Long-las (Overload) RANGE: 150m ROF: S/–/– DAM: 1d10+3(5) E PEN: 1(3) CLIP: 40(10) RLD: Full 
SPECIAL: Accurate, Felling (4), Reliable (Unreliable)
Clips: 2 Standard (40/40, 40/40)

Staff DAM: 1d10+2 I PEN: 0 Special: Balanced, Primitive (7)

Hunting Lance: 2d10+5 X PEN: 7 Special: Concussive (3) 4kg

Knife DAM: 1d5+2  R PEN: 0 Special: Thrown 5m

Noteworthy Talents:
Quick Draw: Gamma may draw a weapon as a free action.

Special Abilities
Assail:  Ordinary (+10) Willpower test RNG 20m X PR DMG 1d10+PR (I) PEN 2 Special: Knockdown on 3+ DoS

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Oct 18, 2017

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Phone posting, but shouldn't you be pay rating 2 due to being sanctioned?

Yeah, I forgot about that.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

as psy-cop I'm going to violate due process by mindreading and get the case thrown out of space court.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

quote:

***EYES ONLY INQUISITOR REDACTED***
***ENCRYPTION LEVEL CHARTREUSE***

My lord, I have as you requested compiled my initial impressions of my fellow acolytes into this draft report. I will of course review and update the report with any information that comes to light in the course of our service together.

Ignatius Maulbau
is ambitious and capable, but lacks direction and discipline. Personable, with a wide variety of social experience. Background in the mercantile nobility. Difficult to startle or upset. More comfortable with unorthodox thinking than is desirable. No psychic talent detected. No warp taint detected. Conclusion: An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

Eadian Valarius pays attention and asks many questions. Too many? Status as planetary nobility and secondment from Logis Strategos suggest familiarity with multiple methods of intelligence gathering. May be vulnerable to offers to reinstate position in exchange for favours. Warrants further observation. No psychic talent detected. No warp taint detected. Conclusion: Analysis is the bane of conviction

Aperta Ignavus is hard to read. Thinks in proprietary Adeptus Mechanicus languages I am not privy to. Attempts at conversation less than successful. Have observed his effectiveness at communication with machine spirits, believe him to be excellent data analyst. No psychic talent detected. No warp taint detected. Conclusion: Knowledge is power, hide it well.

Barry "The Bull" Bulworth: militant. Enjoys violence, makes a pretense that he does not. Otherwise honest but prone to distraction by personal morality. Self-reliance in technical matters may lead to conflict with AdMech representatives. Self-narrates internally, vulnerable to psychic espionage if trusted with sensitive information. No psychic talent detected. No warp taint detected. Conclusion: The reward for treachery is retribution.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

sorry I haven't had a chance to put a post in/read the game thread yet, I'm in the country(TM) atm and internet access is a little spotty.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

we're going to have to hire a team of colour coordinated mercenaries to do eternal battle with THEIR colour coordinated mercenaries over a series of coral pits.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

not really, but I'd just like to say I'm enjoying the musical accompaniment.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

DeathSandwich posted:

thatbastardken: Are you on board for trying to put the squeeze to some rude dudes? My thought is we try to get some info from the guys selling bootleg water about their operations and who's taking cuts. Worse comes to worse, we have a bargaining chip for the Deculons insofar as we can leverage the idea of "Hey, we did some cursory checks and found some black market poo poo in your buildings' to try and get them to hire us on as security consultants.

absolutely, also I can literally read minds so if we get someone talking about things we they don't want to divulge I can get some secrets.

DJF, how subtle is my telepathy? can the victim target tell I'm rooting around in their subconscious?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

I can send a psychic message but it's basically line of sight

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Also maybe I'll get possessed by demons so it's not a good replacement for a radio

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

I like that kid, real good attitude.

In my next post Gamma is going to try to use a psyker power, so this may be the last non-demon update of the campaign.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

:psyduck:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

DeathSandwich posted:

thatbastardken: Let's pow-wow a bit on our Adept since we've got a little bit of liberty to play around with. DJF has given us High Strung as her GM defining feature but left other details to us. I'm thinking her easily identifiable feature could be a bionic hand. Maybe set her up as having lost her original hand in an industrial accident. She paints the bionic replacement loud colors and refuses to hide it as she views it as a personal mark of character. She gets shouty at the construction bosses because underneath the bluster is some level of care for the safety of the underlings, she wants to avoid needlessly mangling people and putting them what she's been through.

All that seems pretty good. While the Imperium generally isn't big on OHS it wouldn't be strange for a sort of noblesse oblige to build up in management culture - even if workers are expendable cogs, misusing them is wasteful.

Of course, given that the adept is an Inquisition asset everything about her personality could be entirely fabricated/installed via hypnosis so :shrug:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

uh...

I may have made some assumptions about things I thought I read that were incorrect.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

the expansion books (Enemies Within, Without and Beyond) are half price on drivethrurpg atm.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

I'm going to be boring and take an intermediate willpower advance for 250 and save the rest for later. I did think about picking up a new psychic power but I figure that can wait.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

sound constitution is not good

I hear this said quite a lot, but surely more wounds=better than? Is it just not an efficient investment?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

because you can auto-succeed at inquiry, spending xp on it is kind of a waste. hold on to the XP and spend it to jack your fellowship higher imo.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

hey ThatBastardKen i think you should actually have eight aptitudes
  • Intelligence from Voidborn
  • Defence or Psyker from Ad Telepathica
  • Defence, Intelligence, Knowledge, Perception, Willpower from Mystic
  • Psyker again from the Psyker elite advance that Mystic gives you

looks like it gets you another characteristic aptitude which means you need to recalc your spent XP

bluh.

Agility, I guess. Doesn't change anything existing, makes some useful stuff cheaper going forward.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Mar 6, 2016

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Sorry, I got sucked in to stardew Valley hardcore, I'll post today.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

If things grind to a halt then I will fast forward, but at present you still have prep work you can do. Like, are you all happy with the kit you've got? Is there nothing you need to obtain that isn't for the boat?

I'd like to try and acquire a few basic items - a chrono, regicide set, stablight, and writing kit. I figure Gamma may have to do some waiting so she should have a way to kill time.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

he assumes far too much. Gamma has enough self awareness to know that she'd stick out like dog balls at this sort of fancy shindig.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

i vote toilet paper fashion parade.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

gonna burn down the gambling house.

gonna do it.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

I kind of have a half baked idea - I could spend 100xp on getting trade: soothsaying and run a tarot/palmistry scam to try and gather information about the punters. would that be legit, or would it probably end in a lynch mob?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

eh, the info would probably just be for the sake of having dirt on dudes, but also it sets up a distraction in the form of a DRAMATIC PROPHECY at some point.

Getting the skill because it's cool anyway, I'll post something tomorrow morning my time.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

ugh spoilers I wanna read them so bad. the temptation of the little black bar.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

rekt

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

fekt

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

sorry, I've been mad busy gaining and then immediately quitting a new job. I'll try to get some posts going soon.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

pfft like I wouldn't be posting in between sets

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

aperta's in. comprehensively in, in fact.

gamblers will have pretty much perfect knowledge of opponent's cards, but that's not enough to win the game outright at higher levels. making it obvious that you know what other players have will get you thrown out by a large gang of increasingly flatulent guards, so tread carefully.

gamma and eadian get a reprieve until wednesday otherwise you get to contribute a majestic 2DoF. c'mon, people.

gently caress poo poo gently caress sorry I got crazy busy with some stuff and forgot.

I'll get a post up ASAP.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

if you want another sneaky way to cheat, gamma can psychically tell you about her cards which could give you a tactical advantage

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

well, yeah.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Another possibility would be providing services to the imminent black ship arrival - something like the construction/renovation of holding facilities to meet appropriate safety standards. We could fake out having an inside track on the special needs or particular desires of the incoming vessel.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

quote:

“110010101010101?!” servoskull kramers in the window and just keeps kramering, sliding off around the room, bouncing against walls. it kramers against your gambling table , busting it up big time. you get the feeling it’s trying to say something to you but it’s kramering at such a high velocity you just can’t quite make it out. as it finally nails another window and flies out you think you hear it exclaim “101010001100101010010010100101001000110111” as it departs

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

servoskulls got no manners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

hey man never feel bad for anything, that's my job.

are we still able to cash in our distractions from earlier?

ignatius and eadian both have SP training

gamma's the only one without, actually. without her laspistol she is entirely defenceless

gently caress I wish I could shoot lightning from my hands right now

• Locked thread