Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In this thread you will guess whether a name is from the Gundam series, or belongs to a player in the NFL. Prizes may or may not be awarded. If you look it up I won't know but you should be ashamed of yourself. A new name will be posted every 24 hours or so.

Round one:

Dom Cold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Congratulations to everyone who guessed Gundam, you're right!

quote:

The MS-09 Dom Cold Climate Type is a variant of the MS-09B Dom mobile suit. As the name implies, this unit was customized to fight in cold environments. This was only seen in the mobile suit design series MSV-R.

Round Two:
Zoltan Mesko

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

If you guessed NFL, you are right!

Round Three:
Dian Fonroid

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Gundam-guessers rejoice, you are correct!

quote:

Dian Fonroid (ディアン・フォンロイド) is a fictional character appearing in the anime series Mobile Suit Gundam AGE.

Round 4:
Maurice Purify

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

quote:

Maurice "Mo" Purify (born January 17, 1986) is a former American football wide receiver who is currently the head coach of the Northshore Gators of American Indoor Football (AIF). He was signed by the Cincinnati Bengals as an undrafted free agent in 2008. He played college football at Nebraska.

Congratulations NFL-guessers!!!!

Round Five: Derek Jackrow

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Hi, I am Francis, the host of this show, Derek Jackrow is a Gundam character!

quote:

Derek Jackrow (デレク・ジャックロウ) is a fictional character from the anime series Mobile Suit Gundam AGE. He pilots the RGE-G2100 Clanche.

Round Six: August Guidan

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Moegare! Moegare! Moegare! Gundam!

Round Seven: Rick Dias

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Ah s hit

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

GUNDAM IS CORRECT!

FINAL ROUND:

MENIL MAVRAIDES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

What happened to this thread. What is the final answer.

Oh poo poo, I could have sworn I posted the answer already.

The answer is, as most of you guessed, NFL. You have all honed your skills well over the past weeks, someday you may even surpass me, ha! I'm super proud of all of you, and you've brought hope to the heart of this old geezer...

When I get back from vacation I'll round up a prize for the best and brightest of my pupils.

• Locked thread