Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frogge
Apr 7, 2006

If I could see it coming down the road? Yes. I'd wait until it was starting to get really bad, then I'd live out the rest of my days while activating something like a random number generator attached to a robot with a gun and when the number gets picked, it shoots me a bunch.

If it were just some random accident or sudden disease and I wasn't aware of the extent of it afterwards? I figure I would already be gone to my friends and family, just a dumb body and I'm not sure what would happen at that point.

This topic makes me think I ought to get a first draft of a will made or like whatever instructions you leave in case you have a coma.

e: :page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

What if is secretly awesome and you love it

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Cantaloupe posted:

probably try and bang my facilitated communicator

yeah, the trick is to gradually start to seem a bit less retarded so her nurture instinct trigger goes off on full blast then all of a sudden you have an erection and its just like WAM

just trust me, I have banged a many facilitated communicator

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
"would"

"if"

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Fried Watermelon posted:

By severely I mean so severe that it is like you are tripping balls 24/7.

put an oculus rift on me, take it off only for cleaning, and id probably be set for life

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

klapman posted:

put an oculus rift on me, take it off only for cleaning, and id probably be set for life

Oculus rift game with three buttons you have to push for food, water and other pharmaceuticals. Each day there is a task to perform, the award is it tells you the correct order to push the buttons, There are 6 combinations, the correct answer is different every day and always delivers food water and pills, one of the other 5 incorrect combinations delivers poison pills.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Lately at my job I've just been reading through mounds of medical records of people who are on ventilators with anoxic brain injuries and have no chance at meaningful recovery, and reading the physician's/nurse's/chaplain's progress notes about discussions with the family over the course of several days regarding extubating the patient and letting them die gets a little depressing at times.

How impaired are we talking OP? If it's the above situation, where someone needs to come into my room 3 times a day to put drops in my eye and blink them for me, then let me die. If I'm still able to experience some type of actual life, then I don't know.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
Already am. I yearn for death

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

something something post in gbs

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

BigBoss posted:

Dogging on someone who's sad about their parent dying makes you look like an idiot.

:ssh: It's a dark comedy joke playing on OP's inability to remember how many times they've posted a message before due to Alzheimer's (it's once).

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

MiracleWhale posted:

came here to post this

Same

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

what about the whorehouses that cater to the disabled in Australia? Why blow money on a nursing home when you could subject a confused elderly man to this?

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

genesplicer posted:

I'm watching my father go through this. He was a brilliant man. Really, really smart. Now he has severe Alzheimer's. He no longer remembers who I am. He sometimes remembers he has kids, and will tell me little bits that he remembers, not realizing he's telling me things I actually participated in. He can no longer read. Most TV programs confuse him, and he is becoming more and more like a toddler with each passing day. It is utterly tragic. Since his mother and sister both died of this, as well, there is a better-than-normal chance I will eventually come down with it. And right now, I'm not sure what I will do. My one fear is that, if I decide to off myself, I will wait too long to take action and then I will no longer be able to do it. The irony will be that, if I kill myself, they will release the medication that both cures and reverses Alzheimer's the very next week. If I decide to hang around, they will never develop it, and I will just wither away as a burden to my family and society.
It's terrible but I think there's no shame in offing yourself to go out with dignity. I'd rather do that then put a terrible burden on my family. I guess a lot of people think that you have some obligation to live as long as you can? gently caress that. If you're not capable why stick around? Even if there comes to be a cure these things don't happen overnight and Alzheimers puts a huge financial burden on a family as well as the emotional pain. Anyway, it is tough to see someone degrade but it does nothing to cheapen the person they once were. Nothing can do that.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

kill you're famil

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Op, serious question. In this situation, do my dick nerves still work? This could sway my answer.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

genesplicer posted:

I'm watching my father go through this. He was a brilliant man. Really, really smart. Now he has severe Alzheimer's. He no longer remembers who I am. He sometimes remembers he has kids, and will tell me little bits that he remembers, not realizing he's telling me things I actually participated in. He can no longer read. Most TV programs confuse him, and he is becoming more and more like a toddler with each passing day. It is utterly tragic. Since his mother and sister both died of this, as well, there is a better-than-normal chance I will eventually come down with it. And right now, I'm not sure what I will do. My one fear is that, if I decide to off myself, I will wait too long to take action and then I will no longer be able to do it. The irony will be that, if I kill myself, they will release the medication that both cures and reverses Alzheimer's the very next week. If I decide to hang around, they will never develop it, and I will just wither away as a burden to my family and society.

Are there still times where he's happy or in a good mood?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Nah id just poop my pants and watch cartoons all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

:ssh: It's a dark comedy joke playing on OP's inability to remember how many times they've posted a message before due to Alzheimer's (it's once).

thanks for clearing that up friend.... i was worried everybody was going to think me an insensitive

• Locked thread