Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Bro Dad posted:

yeah, waffle house waitresses are the best
i had a waffle house waitress in Oklahoma City who signed the check as QUEENIE, GOOD GOD'S GRACE and drew a little cartoon of i guess her as an idealized nubian queen standing next to jesus

she was a good waitress tho i tipped well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

whoflungpoop posted:

i had a waffle house waitress in Oklahoma City who signed the check as QUEENIE, GOOD GOD'S GRACE and drew a little cartoon of i guess her as an idealized nubian queen standing next to jesus

she was a good waitress tho i tipped well

i've been workshopping a bible sequel too

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Nurses are bugshit insane. I know more than one registered nurse that's all about crystals and angels.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Nurses, teachers, basically any job where you are the last catcher in the rye between people with the self-harm impulse of a labradore retriever puppy and a big ole crack in God's Green Earth labeled "poverty."

I used to be able to shotgun two whole bottles of soju (korean hard liquor) before stumbling to my job at the orphanarium and lying to a bunch of children about grammar.

Writers are hosed up, the even worse people are the ones who talk about being writers but never publish or revise their work. Or the people who still do that, but put their works *FOR SOME REASON* for sale on Amazon and other not-writers slobber over how "good" the work is in hopes that their fame rubs off on them.

Union employees (people working for the union itself) also tend to either be laughably corrupt fat old white men and young, poor people of color working 80 hours a week while trying to justify their liberal arts diplomas.

Basically everyone is loving insane because adult life is one big long compromise between what you should be doing to make other people rich and what you want to be doing to make other people rich. the only sane ones are the ones who don't work, who hide out online flinging opinions like spitballs into an apathetic hellscape of their own creation.

hiiiii i'm a teacher. im the guy donald trump called fat cause i yelled at him.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Engineers (electrical) tend to view everything they're able to do as some sort of Magitek hybrid, where their principles are sound until you realize that they're telling you how to build an unlicensed tesla coil in order to "purify" the aura of your house. multiple, MULTIPLE engineering profs would stop class to talk about how good/helpful it is to build an air ionizer, because ions are manna to nerds.

edit- yeah everything nerds do, basically. if it's related to consumer electronics, it's the reason there won't be birds or fish in 50 years.
"hurrr let's use the most advanced technicals in the world to sell jiggly cartoon breasts to dudes worshipping the platonic ideal of sex." vidya is basically a punch & judy show held up with chewing gum and scotch tape and a fervent prayer that nothing breaks bad enough that you notice how fleeting and insubstantial an experience this is.

edit- my job leaves me with a lot of time to ruminate.

PHIZ KALIFA fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Dec 18, 2015

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Engineers (electrical) tend to view everything they're able to do as some sort of Magitek hybrid, where their principles are sound until you realize that they're telling you how to build an unlicensed tesla coil in order to "purify" the aura of your house. multiple, MULTIPLE engineering profs would stop class to talk about how good/helpful it is to build an air ionizer, because ions are manna to nerds.

edit- yeah everything nerds do, basically. if it's related to consumer electronics, it's the reason there won't be birds or fish in 50 years.
"hurrr let's use the most advanced technicals in the world to sell jiggly cartoon breasts to dudes worshipping the platonic ideal of sex." vidya is basically a punch & judy show held up with chewing gum and scotch tape and a fervent prayer that nothing breaks bad enough that you notice how fleeting and insubstantial an experience this is.

edit- my job leaves me with a lot of time to ruminate.

Mechanical Engineers are almost always white trash with a better income. They always seem to have a jet ski and a pair of 4-wheelers or dirtbikes in the bed of their financed F-250 with oversized tires.

Scathach posted:

Nurses are bugshit insane. I know more than one registered nurse that's all about crystals and angels.

They're also the single largest profession you'll find at a swinger/sex/etc club and it is by a huge margin

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

vug posted:

Teachers

i don't know if this is confirmation bias or what, but i have literally never had or known an english teacher who was well-adjusted and normal

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Scathach posted:

It's frightening how many nursing students I worked with while I was in retail, they were all dumb as poo poo and I shudder to think that they are now in charge of the well being of other humans.
They do make more money than me, though :(

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

Mechanical Engineers are almost always white trash with a better income. They always seem to have a jet ski and a pair of 4-wheelers or dirtbikes in the bed of their financed F-250 with oversized tires.

They're also the single largest profession you'll find at a swinger/sex/etc club and it is by a huge margin

Both totally accurate.

I can explain the first because a lot of the dudes who go into ME degrees really love cars.

I can't necessarily explain the second except nursing does give a decent amount of time off for some women to train for marathons/triathlons and then there is the stress of the job which translates into randyness.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

i don't know if this is confirmation bias or what, but i have literally never had or known an english teacher who was well-adjusted and normal

Come to think of it I cant either.

Edit: Came up with four examples of well-adjusted English teachers I've had but none fit into the "normal" category.

-one was an 70 year old nun and life long English high school teacher. She was challenging but fair. If she was crazy she didn't bring it into the classroom. Someone who chooses the religious vocation I don't consider in the category of "normal"

-one was a Brother of Saint Patrick and got through the day by being endlessly sarcastic to his students (we deserved it). Also one of the more competent people on campus, but again religious order so not "normal"

-one was an exceptional English teacher who moved up to Assistant Principal so he was smart enough to leave teaching English behind.

-one was a very affable Irish dude who I learned later had lived through and participated in "The Troubles" in Ireland, and was a certified badass with a host of martial arts medals in sparring. One of the most well balanced and calmest people I have ever met. I sincerely regret not having the opportunity to drink with the gent.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Dec 18, 2015

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bazJSO_cNps

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Helical Nightmares posted:

I can explain the first because a lot of the dudes who go into ME degrees really love cars.

Yeah, thats always the case. I've just yet to meet one that is good with his money, those guys make really bad financial decisions non-stop. If I'm ever helping repo guys find and recover a vehicle from someone with a degree, it's almost always an ME degree

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Republican politician.

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
Small Business owners

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

MikeCrotch posted:

Mass Shooters

This is objectively the right answer

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Drad_Bert posted:

Small Business owners

Yeah, my brother often claims that the chamber of commerce is an episode of Ricki Lake but two tax brackets higher

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
i'm a well-adjusted english teeaaahahahahahahaha gently caress me, i tutor ESL over skype and have a cat on my lap 8 out of 12 hours of my shift. my life = the best.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
retirees or forums proprietors

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
It's Nurses. So many of the craziest and unhealthiest people I encounter are former or current nurses.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Basically everyone is loving insane because adult life is one big long compromise between what you should be doing to make other people rich and what you want to be doing to make other people rich. the only sane ones are the ones who don't work, who hide out online flinging opinions like spitballs into an apathetic hellscape of their own creation.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
good drummers are always batshit as gently caress

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Cool, cool. Thanks for reminding us that LF was a thing and its posters haven't all died by their own hand yet

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

Subvisual Haze posted:

It's Nurses. So many of the craziest and unhealthiest people I encounter are former or current nurses.

At least they have the color coded scrubs, ala Star Trek. Which colors denote who's easy, kinky, or stuck up, right?

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
internet forum moderators

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

retard masturbator

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
every chef i've worked under has been a narcissistic alcoholic sociopath

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

the great deceiver posted:

every chef i've worked under has been a narcissistic alcoholic sociopath

Also cocaine

tie-dye my titties
Jun 14, 2014

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

ghostter posted:

retard masturbator

idk your mom's pretty well adjusted

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

x-mas in thermidor posted:

so you're a retard?

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

its nurses.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Horniest Manticore posted:

so you're a retard?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Doctors for sure.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

so you're a retard?

the joke that keeps on giving

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
Senior care workers. Nurses are a close second but I think they manage better by being on drugs all the time.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

jBrereton posted:

Doctors for sure.

Nah, nurses are way less functional.

Weirdly enough though, Physician Assistants are normally pretty chill

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

jBrereton posted:

Doctors for sure.

Doctors are usually pretty highly functional, just generally sad.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I'm a nurse and can attest to the fact that most of us are loving insane. I'm wound/ostomy. AMA about attaching shitbags and giant decubs.

tie-dye my titties
Jun 14, 2014

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

so you're a retard?

no that would be his dad, i didnt say his mom masturbated me

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Happy Hedonist posted:

I'm a nurse and can attest to the fact that most of us are loving insane. I'm wound/ostomy. AMA about attaching shitbags and giant decubs.

lol you have the grossest job in the hospital

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
obviously cooks and kitchen people are the craziest

• Locked thread